Ready for it! - Nikon AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED !

2212294583.jpg

1842515611.jpg

Sample images.

Interesting statement from Nikon :

THE LATEST DESIGN TECHNOLOGIES THAT REALIZE VARIOUS BREAKTHROUGHS SUCH AS THE ADOPTION OF AN AF SYSTEM FOR A 105MM F/1.4 LENS, COMBINED WITH NIKKOR’S UNIQUE DESIGN CONCEPT OF “THREE-DIMENSIONAL HIGH FIDELITY”, MAKE THIS NIKON ORIGINAL LENS THE ONE-AND-ONLY PRIME LENS

Utilizing the high optical technologies that Nikon has long accumulated, a traditional 105 mm focal-length lens with fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is realized incorporating an AF system, making the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED a very individual fast, medium-telephoto lens that enables creative image expression. The bright finder image achieved with this fast, prime lens that reliably supports comfortable shooting is effective in handheld shooting for low-light scenes as well. While ensuring impressive subject depiction for shooting portraits and still objects utilizing the large and beautiful bokeh with gradual transition from the focus plane, this lens also delivers excellent distant shots with high resolution even at the periphery and high reproduction capability of point light sources in low-light situations. The latest technologies also provide stable AE with highly accurate diaphragm control even during high-speed continuous shooting, via the adoption of an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism.

Last edited:
The Nikon 85 1.4G on the left 105 1.4E on the right. :eek:

$TS560x560~3487511.jpg

Nice deep hood also...

$1469602810000_IMG_660732.jpg

The crappy bags, best buy a Lowepro Lens Case !

$1469602810000_IMG_660733.jpg

Last edited:
The new 105 should be priced the same ( SGD $ ) as the Nikon PC-E NIKKOR 24mm f/3.5D ED Tilt-Shift Lens.... I believe.

awesome lens ... :thumbsup:

when will this be available in Singapore and how much ?

How does the broken background to compare with 85mm f1.4 Feel like some cool
Not sure yet. Samples are quite rare still but we should get a lot more from Aug 26th.
Actually I'm surprised there aren't more samples out yet.
But I have a feeling this will be the new reference portrait prime for Nikon.