Quotation that could be dishonoured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the force does not mean I has to be dishonest ;) .... hehehehe :D

But anyway, after my letter to them, they had agreed to sell me the items are their quoted price ;) ... whahahahhahahaa....... :D

Now kinda happy :)

maybe you should be thinking in terms of the matrix instead :D

"Do not try to bend the spoon but rather try to understand that the spoon is not real"

==> "Do not try to bend the qoutation but rather try to understand that the qoutation is not real"

hehe......
:bsmilie:

blurblock said:
Having the force does not mean I has to be dishonest ;) .... hehehehe :D

But anyway, after my letter to them, they had agreed to sell me the items are their quoted price ;) ... whahahahhahahaa....... :D

Now kinda happy :)

The force itself is dishonest to begin with :D

Oh yeah! BUY BUY BUY!

got claim back cab fare too? :D

OK! DUN PUSH IT! :bsmilie:

happy for u!

CHEERS!

Ok lets try to shed some light on this.

Blurblock, much as I am all for consumer rights and everything, I regret to tell you that legally speaking, its doubtful that you have any legal recourse. As most have said, the equote is likely to be taken as an invitation to treat rather than an offer to sell. (will have to see the equote then can be sure but not likely to change the interpretation).

That said, the recently enacted Fair Trading Act does provide that you can get the supplier for unfair practice if he "represents that goods are available for a particular price if the supplier knows or can reasonably be expected to know that it is not so, unless the representation clearly states any limitation". Well, i also think its unlikely that you will succed on this point, and after all, why bother to institute a civil action for just $30? After deducting the small claims fee of $5, filling up the forms, attending the meditation, attending hte hearing, and the transport cost of all the above, i think you pretty much dont have much else to do.

That said, if your story is true and you can back it up, you can also post further details on the shop (although most have a pretty good guess), wat was in the equote, the salesmen's reaction when you produced it and his reasons for not honouring the equote etc. You may also try to speak to his supervisor or the manger of the shop to request for an explanation.

Hope this helps.

vince123123 said:
Ok lets try to shed some light on this.

Blurblock, much as I am all for consumer rights and everything, I regret to tell you that legally speaking, its doubtful that you have any legal recourse. As most have said, the equote is likely to be taken as an invitation to treat rather than an offer to sell. (will have to see the equote then can be sure but not likely to change the interpretation).

That said, the recently enacted Fair Trading Act does provide that you can get the supplier for unfair practice if he "represents that goods are available for a particular price if the supplier knows or can reasonably be expected to know that it is not so, unless the representation clearly states any limitation". Well, i also think its unlikely that you will succed on this point, and after all, why bother to institute a civil action for just $30? After deducting the small claims fee of $5, filling up the forms, attending the meditation, attending hte hearing, and the transport cost of all the above, i think you pretty much dont have much else to do.

That said, if your story is true and you can back it up, you can also post further details on the shop (although most have a pretty good guess), wat was in the equote, the salesmen's reaction when you produced it and his reasons for not honouring the equote etc. You may also try to speak to his supervisor or the manger of the shop to request for an explanation.

Hope this helps.

Well :) .... The shop has decided to honour the quote, so I guess I had to let the matter rest ;) ....

Ah excellent. did you call up the manager for it? how did u get them to honour the quote?
sure that many would like to know also.

blurblock said:
Well :) .... The shop has decided to honour the quote, so I guess I had to let the matter rest ;) ....

vince123123 said:
Ah excellent. did you call up the manager for it? how did u get them to honour the quote?
sure that many would like to know also.

I just wrote to them telling them it is not worth risking their reputation, and I guess they agreed with me. Actually he called me.

Anyway, I think I acted quite rushly too, sometime I just cannot control my temper.

That is nice of the shop ... but check to ensure that they do not give you a rejected or a displayed lens e.g. with dirt/scratches on the elements that cannot be blown away.

blurblock said:
I just wrote to them telling them it is not worth risking their reputation, and I guess they agreed with me. Actually he called me.

Anyway, I think I acted quite rushly too, sometime I just cannot control my temper.

kiwitan said:
That is nice of the shop ... but check to ensure that they do not give you a rejected or a displayed lens e.g. with dirt/scratches on the elements that cannot be blown away.

Thank You for your advice :) .... will check carefully......

actually, they can tell u to shove it. quotation by law is an invitation to treat, not an offer of a contract. so u cant do anything if they refuse to honour the quotation, they're not legally binded to.

blizzy said:
actually, they can tell u to shove it. quotation by law is an invitation to treat, not an offer of a contract. so u cant do anything if they refuse to honour the quotation, they're not legally binded to.

Yup .... asked quite a few legal experts ..... most of them having similar view as you ..... however, put it this way, they would not want to risk their reputation either ;) .......

Anyway, just been to that shop, they pass me a lens to see if I wanted it .... well, it is a rather .... ""dirty" lens .... the only one left, or so he claims..... oh well, he is getting one for me from another branch tomorrow, I do hope it would be a better one this time.......

Status
Not open for further replies.