Questions on Digi-Cabi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm... not selling the DHC range this time round??

It's true that when the rubber is too dry it will feel sticky? I didn't know that. My previous SLR has this problem. I didn't have a dry box. I just put a pouch of drying agent into the camera bag. Do you know how to reverse the sticky rubber conditions?

It's true that when the rubber is too dry it will feel sticky? I didn't know that. My previous SLR has this problem. I didn't have a dry box. I just put a pouch of drying agent into the camera bag. Do you know how to reverse the sticky rubber conditions?

I dun think you can. Most ppl would suggest going back to the service centre to change the rubber part.

Dear fellow Dry Cabinet Expertsss.. :D
after reading thru the threads ...
i would like to clarify some pointers ...
btw my model is a Digi Cabi 30litres.

[1] Reading should be 45-55% RH.
[2] Batteries and CF Cards are safe inside dry cabi with this same setting.
[3] If the RH goes above 55%, your gears will be moist and will grow fungus.
[4] If the RH goes below 45%, your gears (esp. the rubber grip) will crack !!
[5] and lastly, for this dry cabi model, I should set it to approx 8 o'clock to get 45-55% RH.

btw the way my rubber grip is a bit sticky ... just bought the camera recently.. is this normal? ... why is it sticky anyway?:think:

Thanks to all Guru in advance :cool:

hi ... me again ... forgot add this question?
If I am going oversea (from a few days to let say few months) with my camera..
How do I store them?
I can't possiblity carry the whole dry cabinet with me right...;p
very heavy leh ..

How do I store them?
very heavy leh ..

Bring silica gel and put it in your bag la

How do I store them?
very heavy leh ..

Depends on which country you're going. U may not even need to prepare things to keep ur camera stuff as the country's humidity is already around 45-55%

whats are the offers for digicabi now???

my digital display put 45% but the dry box hygrometer puts ard 55%. so how?follow which one?

my digital display put 45% but the dry box hygrometer puts ard 55%. so how?follow which one?

I got the same prob too so I guess it is quite normal. I would trust the digital display more to the analog one but either way, you know you are somewhere there...

Hi,
deviatin slightly from topics. when I switch off power and leave cabinet closed, rh changes over a period of time. It went up slightly to 52% and then came down to 49% later.

Is this normal?

In the older days, RH is computed using the wet bulb (100% wet) and dry bulb (air) temperature. So, when the temperature change, the RH will change.

Extract from Howstuffworks

"Hygrometer, hy GROM uh tuhr, is an instrument used to measure the amount of water vapor in the air. Scientists use hygrometers to determine the relative humidity. Relative humidity is the amount of water vapor in the air compared with the amount required for saturation of the air at the same temperature. The most common types of hygrometers are the psychrometer and the hair hygrometer."

thx a lot for reply

Hi guys,

My dry cabinet is RH58% and my knob is turned on to the middle.

I went through the manual but still a little confused. So the 8 o clock position should be the "real" o clock position right?

Coz when my knob is on the 4 o clock position, the RH is 55%. When I turned to 8 o clock position, it went up to 58%.

Any comment? Thanks in advance :)

Hi guys,

My dry cabinet is RH58% and my knob is turned on to the middle.

I went through the manual but still a little confused. So the 8 o clock position should be the "real" o clock position right?

Coz when my knob is on the 4 o clock position, the RH is 55%. When I turned to 8 o clock position, it went up to 58%.

Any comment? Thanks in advance :)

im using DB-36

set at 10 oclock, non aircon area, stablised at 50%

bought a AD 60 for over a week have let it stabilised hovering between the acceptable range 45%-55%

But yesterday after putting in the cameras and lens, the RH is always at 65% and its at about 8 o'clock position.

Is this normal? Will the RH eventually fall?

bought a AD 60 for over a week have let it stabilised hovering between the acceptable range 45%-55%

But yesterday after putting in the cameras and lens, the RH is always at 65% and its at about 8 o'clock position.

Is this normal? Will the RH eventually fall?

Is the reading still 65% today?
Is your camera gears too moist?
or you put too much things inside? ( <-- then tune the knob to increase the suction)
cos the reading will be affected by the number of things you put in the box.

If all else fail, switch off the unit and open the box for a while.
and then re-stablisie the box again (*instruction from the manual)

happy stablising ~ ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.