Pulau Ubin - Chek Jawa Outing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes guys u need a guide to go n walk2 along e beach during super low tide.

Ur fren was lucky but if u wanna try ur luck by all means. Cuz e rangers fm NP will actually chase u away. They have small tour groups so they can recognized almost everyone in their grp.

So my suggestion is go for e NP tour. Meanwhile u can walk2 along e broadwalk, not too bad at low tide but do bring a long lens else u cant take much foto.

I hope I dun get flamed or anything, maybe we can just try our luck and ask the rangers, we could get lucky.

I hope I dun get flamed or anything, maybe we can just try our luck and ask the rangers, we could get lucky.

since 12 of u going... maybe u all want to split to groups of 3... then take turns, think it should not be bad. :)

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the advice! You are not coming yourself?

Brother and sister

Before you all go there, do find out this few items first:

1) You will need extra transport(Ubin Taxi) from the jetty to Chek Jawa beach...it is quite a distance away.

2) Select those dates which is the lowest tide... at least you can see insect on the beaches... if not high tide-see water.

3) Select the timing which is not so hot...

4) Protection...

Sorry ah, but organiser also first time to Chek Jawa! :embrass:

If all are keen to wait for low tide (abt 3pm+) then I suppose we can walk around P.Ubin in the morning and proceed to the quarry for some shoot.

* Wear light, breathable clothing.
* Wear appropriate footwear
* Bring Cap / Umbrella / Ponchos
* Bring enough drinking water / Snack etc...

There are "taxis" available on the island besides cycling. These "taxis" are vans which can take up to 12 passengers. Can check the rates there and then for bookings.

ahh... organiser got anymore details... ? haha need idea what we gonna do , so can be prepared..
since low tide is 3pm.. we reach there 8am .. so we take photos around P.ubin , go quarry or ?? our mode of transportation around ubin is cycling ?? if we are , let me know lolx. else wear jeans damn hot..

Hi Guys,

U can go to the boardwalk anytime but not the intertidal area. The Intertidal area is resisted and must be guided by NPark's guides. The guided tour are organised only by NPark and is chargeable.

Reason for not opening to public is to minimise the impact on the biodiversity in the area and prevent any mishaps since there are known cases of stonefish and stingray in the area.

Visit their website for more info.
http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php?option=com_visitorsguide&task=attractions&id=78&Itemid=73

Cheers
JC

Last edited:
Hi Guys

You may want to refer to the tide time on 4 July

http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/article.asp?pid=2293

From the table, I think you all will "See Water" than shotting insect.
At 3pm, the lowest tide is 1.5m.

Prefer you all visit the quary..

Sorry, not to discourage you all.. the tide is not so suitable to shot in Chek Jawa on this day if you all wanted to shot insect... for others should be fine.

Got to work on Sat morning :(, you guys enjoy.

1) PPZ
2) ParamPita
3) ferrai
4) Ragnarokex
5) F2point8 (tbc)
6) clara-wong
7) LOTUSfairy
8) Colben1032
9) steve (newbie) I mean 1st timer to Ubin besides Army's days
10) Lyckypants
11)Glenn
12) Jacobus

Sorry everyone, I have to pull out last minute as wife and kids have other plans.
You guys enjoy yourself and post some photos later.
My sincere apology!

1) PPZ
2) ParamPita
3) ferrai
4) Ragnarokex
5) ----------
6) clara-wong
7) LOTUSfairy
8) Colben1032
9) steve (newbie) I mean 1st timer to Ubin besides Army's days
10) Lyckypants
11)Glenn
12) Jacobus

Cheers,
Raymond (F2point8)

unfortunately i have to pull out too.... hopefully i'll be free the next time round. cheers!

1) PPZ
2) ParamPita
3) ferrai
4) Ragnarokex
5) clara-wong
6) LOTUSfairy
7) Colben1032
8) steve (newbie) I mean 1st timer to Ubin besides Army's days
9) Lyckypants
10) Glenn

unfortunately i have to pull out too.... hopefully i'll be free the next time round. cheers!

1) PPZ
2) ParamPita
3) ferrai
4) Ragnarokex
5) clara-wong
6) LOTUSfairy
7) Colben1032
9) Lyckypants
10) Glenn

8) steve - thousand apologies - have to drop out - just sold my lens so left with tele only

1) PPZ
2) ParamPita
3) ferrai
4) Ragnarokex
5) clara-wong
6) LOTUSfairy
7) Colben1032
9) Lyckypants
10) Glenn
Count me in.
11) Hookonclassic

No problems guys, hope to see you the next time then!

sry ts wont be able to attend
hope to go out and shoot soon

sorry guy to spoil e party but normally u wan to go wen e tide is <0.5m. tat's wen e water will stay as far out as the floating jetty at chek jawa. anything above tat, i'm not too sure.

btw no pt in tryin to plead with e rangers. i tried tat e other time, they nicely said sorry but they still wont allow u to walk along the intertidal area on ur own.

Sorry, last minute I need to attend some urgent tomorrow morning.

1) PPZ
2) ParamPita
3) ferrai
4) Ragnarokex
5) clara-wong
6) LOTUSfairy
7) Colben1032
9) Lyckypants
10) Hookonclassic

Status
Not open for further replies.