Prosumer to DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. fisheye :nono: = wide angle...

2. at 18mm (27mm equiv) it doesn't belongs to the group super/ultra wide...
ultra wide are something like 12mm (18mm equiv)

What do u mean by 18mm (27mm equiv) and 35mm equiv?? :dunno:

1. fisheye :nono: = wide angle...

2. at 18mm (27mm equiv) it doesn't belongs to the group super/ultra wide...
ultra wide are something like 12mm (18mm equiv)
=D =D =D
Can la, when defish.

I know, I was looking at 12-24mm.. But then like the Tamron version not so good for IR or something, based on IR section people.

What do u mean by 18mm (27mm equiv) and 35mm equiv?? :dunno:
When converted to film equivalent.

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/35_mm_film

Wiki is your best friend. Wait, it's everyone's new best friend.
Basically when you want to shoot wide, shorter focal length. Longer --> Telephoto lor.
The x1.5 factor for most entry level to some mid level DSLR is because of the sensor size. Not very sure how to explain it, but it's smaller than usual so don't know la, but you just have to x1.5 from the lens on certain DSLRs. Hee hee.

=D =D =D
Can la, when defish.

I know, I was looking at 12-24mm.. But then like the Tamron version not so good for IR or something, based on IR section people.
for IR get the 10-20... that is if you can afford...
and like what i have said, fisheye are different thing from a wide angle...
if you say defish, then maybe i can say a 50mm lens is a super tele photo if i crop the photos. :dunno:

What do u mean by 18mm (27mm equiv) and 35mm equiv??
google up "dSLR crop factor" :thumbsup:

for IR get the 10-20... that is if you can afford...
and like what i have said, fisheye are different thing from a wide angle...
if you say defish, then maybe i can say a 50mm lens is a super tele photo if i crop the photos. :dunno:

google up "dSLR crop factor" :thumbsup:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
I know la. But fisheye zoom should be fun leh. Other than that, 18-55 can manage for the time being, 18 = 27 mm.. Not super wide but still wider than 35mm.

What you suggest leh. Not necessary for me to have zoom on my wide lenses, but I also don't want too much distortion. =/

Sorry ar lunas, but hitch on to your thread, hope you don't mind. Same subject mar. =D

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
I know la. But fisheye zoom should be fun leh. Other than that, 18-55 can manage for the time being, 18 = 27 mm.. Not super wide but still wider than 35mm.

What you suggest leh. Not necessary for me to have zoom on my wide lenses, but I also don't want too much distortion. =/

Sorry ar lunas, but hitch on to your thread, hope you don't mind. Same subject mar. =D
wide lens? or ultra-wide?
if wide just use 18-55 kit lens lor... if ultra-wide, 10-20 got one of the least optical distortion.

wide lens? or ultra-wide?
if wide just use 18-55 kit lens lor... if ultra-wide, 10-20 got one of the least optical distortion.

Landscape photography.
With maybe a little sideline on portraiture later on, but that's not priority.
Mmm, yar, that's what I was thinking. Can start with kit lens first, in that case only $1100+ thereabouts. Then I sell my A540 to help out a little bit. :think:

Wa, now really super itchy. I don't really use telephoto part of H2, but I've grown attached to it, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.