Pro = high end equipt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zplus said:
Well, its kopi tiam.... 80% are unproductive office folks with some slack time... :bsmilie:
The remaining 20% are college students in computer labs...:bigeyes:

Colorful post does add a little more read.....;p

How about another 5% of pro shooters out here for a smoke and a laugh?

Sion said:
How about another 5% of pro shooters out here for a smoke and a laugh?

You forgot the Kopi with the smoke ;p

Tis a foul week here in paradise west, and I've got a couple of days free courtesy of having to reschedule a major photoshoot due to unsuitable weather.

So instead the Ang Moh from hell has come out to play and winding up the likes of (insert name here) is such rollicking good fun :devil:

sehsuan said:
na.
wished that i brought along a CF card to test the images though. was in a rush yesterday, so no card...

you could have loan a CF card from them and later burnt it to a CD.

Hehe, well 1m of falling off is qutie different from someone intentionally pushing your lens on tripod setup with a great deal of force. Perhaps you have more experience with risking pro-gear hehe. Just an observation on the use of violence thats all.

Ian said:
I've never had a lens get in the way, but then again to be fair I normally apologise to the guy straight after hitting him with the usual apology being "oh sorry mate, you ok? I didn't see you" .. that tends to diffuse the situation while leaving the offending idiot with a clear idea to keep out of my way.

I should also point out that I'm really generous when shooting. I usually always let amateurs duck in front of me to get a shot, providing they a) ask first and b) it's not a critical point in the proceedings and c) it's a public event, as opposed to a closed photoshoot, e.g: catalogue shoot with models etc.

I don't think you know just how tough pro gear actually is. A couple of years back I watched in horror as my new Nikkor AFS-400/2.8 bounced off a concrete floor after it fell off a 1m high table at a race meeting. A bit of a dent in the front of the lens but otherwise the lens was 100% functional.

I'm not going to get in to a long winded discussion on the morals of what happened. Far worse happens in the press corps when covering high profile court cases for example, or when drunk punters are involved (those are the worst cases you can get outside of war combatants).

Ian said:
You forgot the Kopi with the smoke ;p

Tis a foul week here in paradise west, and I've got a couple of days free courtesy of having to reschedule a major photoshoot due to unsuitable weather.

So instead the Ang Moh from hell has come out to play and winding up the likes of (insert name here) is such rollicking good fun :devil:

Talk about weather, all hell broke loose here too, sunny, rain, sunny, thunderstorm....... Damn my shoot have to go on this Saturday...keeping my finger crossed:sweat:

hi malakite, I think problem is his f type attitude.
The D2X has nothing to do with it. U may feel like beat him up but make sure dont blame the D2X. The D2X is innocent.

vince123123 said:
Hehe, well 1m of falling off is qutie different from someone intentionally pushing your lens on tripod setup with a great deal of force. Perhaps you have more experience with risking pro-gear hehe. Just an observation on the use of violence thats all.

Tripods are too slow to set up if moving around and way to bulky for sports events or press calls. Pro's use monopods for such events (makes it easier to swing in to an idiots head too hehe)... Tripods are reserved for wildlife from hides, lazy days birding, or landscapes etc.

Max 2.8 said:
Talk about weather, all hell broke loose here too, sunny, rain, sunny, thunderstorm....... Damn my shoot have to go on this Saturday...keeping my finger crossed:sweat:

Hope it clears up for you. At least you aren't a couple of grand out of pocket like some of us when we have to reschedule a shoot.

Well its the same, if its down to a fistfight, your monopod with your expensive glass is only going to impede your ability to defend yourself.

its like those Jackie Chan movies where the bad guys are running rampant in a museum and fighting the good guys and the bad guys are just upseeting all the museum exhibits and the good guys can't concentrate on fighting the bad guys when they are trying to prevent damage to the exhibits.

Ian said:
Tripods are too slow to set up if moving around and way to bulky for sports events or press calls. Pro's use monopods for such events (makes it easier to swing in to an idiots head too hehe)... Tripods are reserved for wildlife from hides, lazy days birding, or landscapes etc.

So wat with high end equipt.... ever seen someone with 20D while i'm there with a nikon4600, Yes I don't have DSLR, only SLR plus dun want to waste $$ develop film. He look at me with an eye of " You use PnS to shoot night scene ah..hahaha."

What he do next is a joke... He use his both hand to stable his PRO D20 and when he released the shutter.... I see flash going off... What the... night scene of the city landscape on ECP with flash... :think:

When he din see my flash going off, he ask, " no flash can mah... so dark here" :sweat:

Ian said:

Ian, that sure gives a little leeway for people to get monopods and look pro! :bsmilie:

vince123123 said:
Well its the same, if its down to a fistfight, your monopod with your expensive glass is only going to impede your ability to defend yourself.

its like those Jackie Chan movies where the bad guys are running rampant in a museum and fighting the good guys and the bad guys are just upseeting all the museum exhibits and the good guys can't concentrate on fighting the bad guys when they are trying to prevent damage to the exhibits.

I like to see Jackie fight the bad guys with a 400/2.8 on a monopod.:)

Sion said:
I like to see Jackie fight the bad guys with a 400/2.8 on a monopod.:)

imagine, the hammer throw in athletics, where finally the "chain" breaks and people get whacked by a 7000 to 8000 dollar lens :bsmilie:

sehsuan said:
imagine, the hammer throw in athletics, where finally the "chain" breaks and people get whacked by a 7000 to 8000 dollar lens :bsmilie:

I think he would use a plastic 400/2.8 prop and a black stick as monopod. This guy is too clever to waste a prime glass on a bunch of lowly paid extras. :bsmilie:

clarinet said:
So wat with high end equipt.... ever seen someone with D20 while i'm there with a nikon4600, Yes I don't have DSLR, only SLR plus dun want to waste $$ develop film. He look at me with an eye of " You use PnS to shoot night scene ah..hahaha."

What he do next is a joke... He use his both hand to stable his PRO D20 and when he released the shutter.... I see flash going off... What the... night scene of the city landscape on ECP with flash... :think:

When he din see my flash going off, he ask, " no flash can mah... so dark here" :sweat:
hahaha....this guy is really a joke:sweatsm:

clarinet said:
So wat with high end equipt.... ever seen someone with 20D while i'm there with a nikon4600, Yes I don't have DSLR, only SLR plus dun want to waste $$ develop film. He look at me with an eye of " You use PnS to shoot night scene ah..hahaha."

Classic!!!! :thumbsup:

ernest_ted said:
:sweatsm: :sweatsm:

almost left off my chair...

my poor back
Careful there, u still going on holiday in a few month's time.... :D

clarinet said:

I still dont understand why people buy a higher end DSLR when they dont even know the basics of photography(not saying that I'm good)....and I also dun understand why people always think that DSLR can always take good pictures...even on auto....I mean if he using D50 or 350D on auto, can understand....but a 20D??:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.