Price for NiMH Quick Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions from a friend.

How do you tell whether the batteries are leaking or not? So far the leaked batteries are very obvious, as in there's discolouring etc...

How do we prevent leaking in the first place? The usual advice is not to leave the batteries if unused for a long period of time? How long is long? Also are there other ways for the battery to start leaking? say by overcharging?

Originally posted by mpenza
when batteries shortcircuit, they tend to leak.

Can give some examples of when this will occur? eg in charger?? when old?? when not charged properly? when left in electronic device for too long? Not quite clear in my mind how this happens.

Originally posted by fcpga
the new GP Rapid charger also has auto shut down

4X AA 1600ma and the charger cost $56.90 a bit expensive, but with warranty and GP brand.

is the auto shut down timer based?

go to Mustafa,

there is a quick charger 5hrs ONLY $8 NETT

if you want a intelligent micro-processor control, NON TIME-BASED ones, its only $18.

BEATS all the others hands down

Hi,
I'm using Casio BC-3HA AC Adapter/Charger.

Univeral Power Voltage (100 to 240V)
AC Adapter (3.3V/6V)
4 x Rechargeable Batteries included
AC Power Cord
DC Cord
180 min full charge

Is it consider good?

go to Mustafa,

if you want a intelligent micro-processor control, NON TIME-BASED ones, its only $18.

BEATS all the others hands down

fcpga, are you sure that the $18 one is non-timer based? the $20+ is explicitly stated as being non-timer based. Doesn't really say clearly on their website whether the mw4798 is non-timer based.

go to Mustafa,

is that for NiCD or NiMH? A NiCD charger would not work well with NiMH batteries.

Originally posted by Sphoenix

fcpga, are you sure that the $18 one is non-timer based? the $20+ is explicitly stated as being non-timer based. Doesn't really say clearly on their website whether the mw4798 is non-timer based.

$18 is non-timer based. I'm using it previously.

I have the $8 one and its for both NiCD & NiMh
The model is MW5898
Its a timer-based 5-hr fast charger that takes AA & AAA batteries...

..NuTs..

Originally posted by mpenza

is that for NiCD or NiMH? A NiCD charger would not work well with NiMH batteries.

Originally posted by Sphoenix

i am very certain, go mustafa to find out for your self

i am very certain, go mustafa to find out for your self

actually i already own this charger. however, so far i've always been charging my batteries after they're flat or nearly there, thus haven't noticed whether they'll charge any faster if they're say only 1/2 drained.

btw just wondering, even if i were to go down to mustaffa, how would that help? unless of course you mean that i can verify that the label states "intelligent charger" ... cos the time i went there the staff was quite blur :rolleyes:

thanks for the replies :D

welcome

Originally posted by nuts
I have the $8 one and its for both NiCD & NiMh
The model is MW5898
Its a timer-based 5-hr fast charger that takes AA & AAA batteries...

..NuTs..

What's the charge current? Since it's timer-based, it might not charge high capacity NiMH fully.

check out this website

http://www.geocities.com/pinkyping_2000/

Saw the website and it is different from the one at mustafa. The one mentioned in the website above charges 4 batteries at one go in 2.5hrs whereas the one in mustafa can only charge 2 at one go in 2.5hrs.

I've also read about the charger that can charge 4 batteries at one go in here http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=190981&perpage=15&pagenumber=9

Special Promotion from W 3 Cube.
Look at www.w3cube.com

Sepcial Promotion
$60 - Rayavoc Charger(including 2 AA Rayavoc 1600mha) + 4 AA Sanyo 1850mha

Normal
$49 - Rayavoc Charger(including 2 AA Rayavoc 1600mha)
$14 - 4 AA Sanyo 1850mha ($3.50 each)

Just got the special promotion pack. The rayavoc charger is superb! Charged my sanyo 1850 in 57mins and it will auto shutoff.
If you take out the batts and put in again, it will detect that the batts are charged and auto shutoff after abt 5 mins.
According to the guy at the shop, the charger will trickle charge the batts, but will not consistant tricle charge them. Instead the charge will trickle charge them at intervals as according to rayovac, consistant trickle charging is not good for the batts. As such the temperature of the batts are kept at the lowest as the charger tricle charge them.

This (NiCd/NiMh) charger can also charge 4 AAAs or a single 9Vs rectangular batt. You can even charge odd numbers of batts since there are individual charging circuits for each slot. The only thing is of course you cannot simultaneously charge a mixture of NiCd and NiMh batteries.

Perhaps one thing of notice is that while the charger is charging, the batteries gets very hot, sometimes too hot to be handled. You will have to leave it in the charger to cool down for a or two. But so far none of the "battery frying" problems about this charger highlighted in the forums at dpreview. Cross my fingers.

Hope that it will be useful to you guys.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.