Price for NiMH Quick Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup...around there...
but it is approx...cos u know lah...sometimes...u fiddle there ...focus here with the LCD on....zoom in zoom out....
all will waste battery life...so u can't just use the no of shot as the benchmark alone....

but on average is 80 shots for me...but the longest is about 100 shot per set of AA batt

Originally posted by marlin
yup...around there...
but it is approx...cos u know lah...sometimes...u fiddle there ...focus here with the LCD on....zoom in zoom out....
all will waste battery life...so u can't just use the no of shot as the benchmark alone....

but on average is 80 shots for me...but the longest is about 100 shot per set of AA batt

What camera you using? Me using the "drain battery power like drink water" D5 and I can get similar amount of shots and sometimes even more, but without LCD...

My old Coolpix 950 does about 100 - 110 shots on 1 set of 1600-1800mAH batteries. LCD used for composing all the time, turned off between shots. Internal flash off (was using external flash).

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Flare

What camera you using? Me using the "drain battery power like drink water" D5 and I can get similar amount of shots and sometimes even more, but without LCD...

isn't it obvious!!!!

My Casio QV2900UX could last 100-150 shots on a set of 16oomAH batteries. Only LCD is used (obviously) ;p and external flash.

Originally posted by mpenza
There's a $38 MW4798N at www.purplemoo.com previously that can charge 4 batteries at one time.

Are you referring that $38 is in US dollars? :confused:

Originally posted by mpenza
My Casio QV2900UX could last 100-150 shots on a set of 16oomAH batteries. Only LCD is used (obviously) ;p and external flash.

I was surprised last night. Went to shoot photos during a wedding and I took more than 170 pictures with my Olympus 1600mAH batteries (which had gone through several charge and recharge cycles) and the battery is still "full bar"!!! Guess I could easily top 200 with the Olympus batteries.....

Originally posted by Sphoenix

On the Rayovac
The times are very impressive! :rbounce:
My only concern would be the heat you mentioned. Isn't heat the number one killer for reducing the lifespan of NiMH batteries?

Anyone got any comments on the heat question?

According to the olympus instruction..NIMH betteries need exercise to reach their maximum potential....thus new batteries are not as lasting as those that have recently gone through a few recharge cycles....

so use rotate through ur batteries...dun just use one set all the time...
Give them some EXERCISE man!!!

Well, I've finally went to Mustaffa to get the infamous $18 intelli-charger. I'm pretty impressed with it and didn't even realise that this comes with the dc to dc function as well, and a car jack attachment. A definite value for money deal.

Took the 23 from SLS like Goose did, then walked to the mustaffa which is in the serangoon centre side. Went to the battery counter. The first old man there smiled and said that there was no more stock for the MW 4798. There was only the bulkier MW5798. Fortunately, the old man was relieved by a younger man who then proceeded to pass me the MW4798!

As for the batteries, simply couldn't get the $3.40 deal from the younger man who took over. Puzzled, I bought just the charger and proceeded to the original Mustaffa store. At the battery counter, I was immediately offered $3.40 per piece as long as I purchase in a pack of 4. Finally...

It certainly pays to be persistent and observant in Mustaffa. Customer Service really varies from person to person.

I bought the same charger yesterday ;)

but my batts are more exp.. $8 for 2 GP 1700ma and $8.50 for 2 GP 1800ma. at least cheaper than outside lah.

Originally posted by tangcy
I bought the same charger yesterday ;)

but my batts are more exp.. $8 for 2 GP 1700ma and $8.50 for 2 GP 1800ma. at least cheaper than outside lah.

Great. Btw why didn't you just buy all GP 1800ma? After all it's only the .50 cent difference. Unless of course for the different packaging

I'll definite go for 1800ma but, they only left 6, so no choice as I so not want to mix 2x1800ma and 2x1700ma in my cam.

Originally posted by Sphoenix

Great. Btw why didn't you just buy all GP 1800ma? After all it's only the .50 cent difference. Unless of course for the different packaging

Originally posted by rick

Are you referring that $38 is in US dollars? :confused:

I have enquired about this b4, it's $49 in singapore and free delivery cos the company is based in singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.