portrait len

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question, does anyone shot portrait with 50mm at aperture f/1.4?

there are :)

if you buy a lense that performs at f1.4 but not shoot at f1.4 its quite.. a waste ;p
the 50mm 1.4 is sharp wide open at f1.4, but its easy to mis-cue if one choses the wrong point to focus on.

you can stop down a little more though. there are people who do portraits with a variety of apertures, f2.8, zooms and up etc, it depends on preference, and the composition/background etc.

Yea at aperture 1.4 I get mis-cue very often especially when my subject move.

For head and shoulder at f1.4 I get the other side of the eye OOF...that's normal right? :dunno: Anyone one have any tips to get both eyes sharp at f/1.4?

At f/1.4 it is almost impossible cos it is too shallow, not to mention your subject my move a little, or even your hands. The closes is you try switch to focus manual mode and do a manual hypo-focus. :)

At best both eyes same sharpness, but not really dead sharp, cos the f/1.4 is really too shallow to do that. :(

At f/1.4 it is almost impossible cos it is too shallow, not to mention your subject my move a little, or even your hands. The closes is you try switch to focus manual mode and do a manual hypo-focus. :)

At best both eyes same sharpness, but not really dead sharp, cos the f/1.4 is really too shallow to do that. :(

yup, second that.

Me! For indoor, 85mm is too long most of the time.

Yea at aperture 1.4 I get mis-cue very often especially when my subject move.

i do get a lot of oof shots due to using at 1.4

yes... seen before...

but it was on a digital body.. hahhaa... so 50x 1.6x = 80mm...

so now. the best investment is the 85mm... :bsmilie:

85mm 1.4 la....

Thanks for the advice, sykestang..Then in which situation do you use f/1.4?

And what is manual hypo-focus, how do I use it?

Thank you ;)

thot you felt it long long time ago ... :bsmilie:

hahaha... didnt shoot with it what. saw it.

that time i tried one was the 50.... not 85.. :bsmilie:

eh..... that one.. also equal power. but too much for TS..... dun poison me or him hor !!

i need to declare eat grass and drink morning dew from 2molo onwards...

It's lens mate, lens. Singular lens, plural lenses.

Btw the 70-200 is not consider as a true portrait lens, you should be looking at 85mm or even 105mm range .. :)

anyway if you likes nikon 70-200mm then is worth the molar to go ahead .. :D

Why not? Lots of people use it to take portraits..

Status
Not open for further replies.