Please comment on my 1st DSLR Grocery List!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SLR means 'use your eyes, compose, and shoot'. If you really need a live preview, try this

http://www.zigview.co.uk/

This is a SUPERB invention! :heart:
Thanks for the link, though i found 1 thru Yahoo just now. :)

And yes, i use my eyes to compose and shoot. And with a spacious LCD, it becomes much much more convenient! :thumbsup:

This is a SUPERB invention! :heart:
Thanks for the link, though i found 1 thru Yahoo just now. :)

And yes, i use my eyes to compose and shoot. And with a spacious LCD, it becomes much much more convenient! :thumbsup:

anyhow, using LCD to compose does give a lot of easeness. however, slr would have create out this function by solving their own problem in battery life and lighting direction.

(though oly and panny had done so...) but looking forward for C & N for it...haha

may be engineers out there in C & N having prototype already? i guess...;)

Welcome.

Take more snapps and post more. :sweatsm::lovegrin:

Welcome.

Take more snapps and post more. :sweatsm::lovegrin:

Hei thanz! :kiss:

Thumbs up to ClubSNAP forumers! Very responsive! :thumbsup:

One question i want to ask u guys:
Izit necessary to invest in a Dry Box? Can't i just buy an airtight container n pop in one Thirsty Hippo inside? :think:

I'm complaining meh!!??? :sticktong :sticktong

George Bernard Shaw once wrote "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Feedbacks & complaints are the best driving force in innovation. Trust me, few years from now, you will even see Nikon n Canon put a live LCD Preview in their DSLRs.
Human needs n wants = money to be made. ;)

I'm a graphic designer. I need a good camera system to supplement my design works, not to show off. And for that matter, even the most humble of the lot will sure to have some traces of 'vanity' in their blood. :rolleyes:
No you are doing worse than that, you are whining.

You want to buy a camera and you got no idea what the camera can do and cannot do. You can quote but you cannot do a proper research on your purchase. If you like LCDs so much, why not get a video camera? Their LCD screen is definitely bigger than what you can find on the DSLRs. Go try to do macro, sports or manual focus using the LCD, then you will know how good the VF is for.

Live preview might be good, but for DSLR, it is nothing more than a novelty. Good to have but useless for most of the time.

I'm complaining meh!!???

Feedbacks & complaints are the best driving force in innovation. Trust me, few years from now, you will even see Nikon n Canon put a live LCD Preview in their DSLRs.
Human needs n wants = money to be made.

I'm a graphic designer. I need a good camera system to supplement my design works, not to show off. And for that matter, even the most humble of the lot will sure to have some traces of 'vanity' in their blood. :rolleyes:

:cool:

Ayia, dun bother too much abt what ppl says. Just buy what u like :heart: !

Izit necessary to invest in a Dry Box? Can't i just buy an airtight container n pop in one Thirsty Hippo inside? :think:

Ayia, U spent so much on ur system, dun so cheapskate lar. Buy a good container so u can rest ur mind assured. :lovegrin:

George Bernard Shaw once wrote "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Human needs n wants = money to be made. ;)

Other than live preview, maybe still got movie recordings... :bsmilie:
Errr... will it be still termed as lens reflex then??? Maybe will be known as DSXX... So you can call it whatever you like...

Medium format may also have live preview... Yeah...

Maybe by that time, the camera will be built into our retinas... Just blink and picture's captured....

Other than live preview, maybe still got movie recordings... :bsmilie:
Errr... will it be still termed as lens reflex then??? Maybe will be known as DSXX... So you can call it whatever you like...

Technology move so fast and who knows. :bsmilie:

Just Buy It.
:thumbsup:

Can.. but your camera will pai or not, I cannot promise lah... :bsmilie:

:) LCD lover... stick to prosumers lor.

Anyway, it is known among divers that when using the p n s LCD to shoot underwater, esp on macro subjects like nudibranch and seahorse, sometimes will get OOF. The focusing is off sometimes.

Now that i got my dslr.. i'm loving the hang of the VF, so damn sharp compared to the LCD days.

Anyway, if you say the VF is so damn small that an eye patch is needed , wait till you try aiming at a prygmy seahorse thru a VF behind a mask underwater . :bigeyes:

Anyway, if you say the VF is so damn small that an eye patch is needed , wait till you try aiming at a prygmy seahorse thru a VF behind a mask underwater . :bigeyes:

Exactly! I do admit viewfinder is good for its true optical representation. I only hate the size!
If Nikon can just create a 1-inch viewfinder, that would be just great! Closing one eye n using the other eye to look is simply :sweat:

My impression is that DSLRs has always given the best image quality and flexible zoom ranges thru its myriad of good lenses. Thatz why, i believe i should go down this route. No doubt the person behind the camera is much more important. I have taken which i believe great pictures using my G5, but after looking at the sharp and crisp photos taken from these DSLRs, i really think i should invest in a good camera system that can deliver such clarity! :)

Exactly! I do admit viewfinder is good for its true optical representation. I only hate the size!
If Nikon can just create a 1-inch viewfinder, that would be just great! Closing one eye n using the other eye to look is simply :sweat:

My impression is that DSLRs has always given the best image quality and flexible zoom ranges thru its myriad of good lenses. Thatz why, i believe i should go down this route. No doubt the person behind the camera is much more important. I have taken which i believe great pictures using my G5, but after looking at the sharp and crisp photos taken from these DSLRs, i really think i should invest in a good camera system that can deliver such clarity! :)

Then stop making noise and get the system and practise with it...

Keep shooting and post the pictures.

You are contradicting yourself. :D

Am i ? :bsmilie:

Hahaha.

Proper container,a good advise to get a good one. Later his thirsty hippo not thirsty how ? :bsmilie:

But choice of camera system up to him.
;)

Proper container,a good advise to get a good one. Later his thirsty hippo not thirsty how ? :bsmilie:

But choice of camera system up to him.
;)

Actually i was surprised when i browse thru this forum that you need to set 40% something for the humidity in the dry box. I thot just keep super dry can liaoz, then no fungus can thrive. :dunno: Care to enlighten me?

Actually i was surprised when i browse thru this forum that you need to set 40% something for the humidity in the dry box. I thot just keep super dry can liaoz, then no fungus can thrive. :dunno: Care to enlighten me?

Too dry and the lubricant and rubbers will dry out and damage the cameras

Then stop making noise and get the system and practise with it...

Keep shooting and post the pictures.
Correct. The man behind viewfinder is more important than equipment.

Regards,
Arto.

you are a graphic designer, and i am a industrial designer. we are all designers.

why didnt i complain for the live preview ? because i do not see a need for it.

why didnt the pros using medium format complain for a live preview ? why didnt the semi pros ask for live preview ?

If nikon and canon did realised this problem they would have done that way long ago den to create one now.

in a photographer's point of view, its a stupid product to have on my dslr. and of course in a designer's point of view. it looks great. but theres NO DEMAND for it.

come on... you are given a 90-10% field of view on your viewfinder, i believe everyone can see what they are shooting, and they do not need a 2inch LCD poping out there showing them.

but as fellow designers. i hope we can respect the photographers out there and the traditional culture.

"One man's meat is another man's poison"

for me. that gadget. IMHO. its a useless piece of junk on the land. but in the sea. yes. its good.... i must say.

i am sure you studied design before. so i guess you would want to reseach on WHY nikon and the big players in the industry are not adopting or replicating certain trends in the industry.

;)

I be delighted to use the viewfinder if it was at least 1-inch in diameter!!!
With existing viewfinders, you really have to squint your eyes.. :sweat:

On a side note, r there any angle finder which are 1-inch in diameter? :(

Den go get a Large format. Think that will be big enough for you.

SLR viewfinder are big. DSLR are small on non pro bodies. you want big finders, get Canon 5D or EOS 1DSmk2.

try the 5D 1st and den you come back to complain if the viewfinder is small for you. I'm sure there are some optician here that can help you. My 6yr old son also use the optical viewfinder on his P&S instead of the LCD view. Its a matter of getting used to it. and another point is that using the optical viewfinder means yr cam is resting on yr face, this gives you more stability and better control on the handshake.

Status
Not open for further replies.