Picture from RX1

Not to judge or to discriminate or to put the share down, atarandas bro, but this is written by a 23 year old kid who only started shooting with full frame dslr 2 years ago? How many uncles and bros here have been shooting with FF dslr longer than that. Objectively, his experiential credentials are quite inadequate.

i'm only 22 and have been using the 35mm Full Frame format for the past 2 years too

Congrats!

You will enjoy this fine camera, capable of creating some of the nicest photos!

Do share some of your creations, and start to BBB accessories to match it!

Finally got my RX1R!

Woohoo ~

Congrats! You will enjoy this fine camera, capable of creating some of the nicest photos! Do share some of your creations, and start to BBB accessories to match it!

Thanks man!

Now waiting for my filter and hood from amazon to gear up for a awesome Chinese New Year photoshoot outing :)

Cheaper from Amazon meh?

Filter can grab a Carl Zeiss UV filter. Fit nicely with the original hood LHP-1, or get a compatible JJC brand one (which is EXACTLY copied with same size and design) and it is a quarter of the price (just don't have the "Sony" logo on the hood, and similarly made with Aluminium I think).

You may also want to buy a 49mm plastic lens cap (same one used on Sony 24mm F1.8 lens) as the original metal one is easily scratched. The plastic lens cap fits nicely when you have the hood one.

Thanks man!

Now waiting for my filter and hood from amazon to gear up for a awesome Chinese New Year photoshoot outing :)

Last edited:
Cheaper from Amazon meh? Filter can grab a Carl Zeiss UV filter. Fit nicely with the original hood LHP-1, or get a compatible JJC brand one (which is EXACTLY copied with same size and design) and it is a quarter of the price (just don't have the "Sony" logo on the hood, and similarly made with Aluminium I think). You may also want to buy a 49mm plastic lens cap (same one used on Sony 24mm F1.8 lens) as the original metal one is easily scratched. The plastic lens cap fits nicely when you have the hood one.

I bought b+w filter from amazon & a gariz half body cover.
Will try to get a plastic lense cap as well.

Hi guys,

Just thought I would share some pictures I took with my RX1 on a recent trip to Japan.

https://jonleez.exposure.so/travels-mount-aso
https://jonleez.exposure.so/travel-yufuin
https://jonleez.exposure.so/travels-kagoshima
https://jonleez.exposure.so/travels-fukuoka

Most of the images there were taken by the RX1 (with one or 2 from a Coolpix A). It really is a super versatile travel camera!!

Nice!
very well taken photos

Very nice bokeh and colors...i say its even nicer than my a7r + fe35 combo...

Beautiful shots from the RX1R. Love these.

Yes, it is better than my A7R + 55FE combo as well.

The A7R is just able to print bigger files at 36mp, but for IQ and colours, RX1-R is just better for me.

Very nice bokeh and colors...i say its even nicer than my a7r + fe35 combo...

I have been looking at my holiday photos taken with the RX1R and the A7 with FE35 and FE55 combo and the RX1R images are clearly miles ahead. I think I will get another RX1R when the RX2 is released.

It will be a difficult task for Sony to produce a big enough jump for the RX2 to be better than RX1-R. You will never know, but I am still very happy with my RX1-R, and no regrets of letting go of my A7R.

As for the images of my RX1-R vs my A7R with 35FE/55FE, same thoughts as you. My old photo collections (with my old RX1-R)and new collections of the second purchase of the RX1-R look way better than those I took with my A7R.

Lately quite a long list of sellers disposing their A7R and A7... All going back to RX1-R at super good bargain? Haha....

I have been looking at my holiday photos taken with the RX1R and the A7 with FE35 and FE55 combo and the RX1R images are clearly miles ahead. I think I will get another RX1R when the RX2 is released.

Last edited:
I still love my RX1R, and am not at all tempted by the A7/A7R even after using it for a while. There's something very special about this camera.