Picture from RX1

How do one check for shutter count for the rx1r? Was taking pictures today in the city when someone just ask regarding the camera and the sc was asked to check. Just realized also that i don,t know where in the menu settings to see sc.

To answer the some questions asked earlier,

1) the AF box can be made smaller. When using the focus mode on center AF, the box is larger, to make it smaller, use the flexible spot AF mode which uses a smaller AF box. Some have mentioned that using the larger box makes it focus faster than the small box. I did extensive testing and found no difference in AF speed using either sized box. The smaller box in flexible spot mode is just the right size IMO

2) the EVF works great with my RX1R. IMO it's the best of the accessories you can buy, though expensive. I also found myself using the tilt feature a lot more than I thought I would. Also works great in bright sunlight when it gets hard to see the screen, or when you want to steady your shot better since using the EVF braces the camera against your face.

3) no shutter count function in the camera as far as I'm aware

If anyone else has any other questions on the RX1R, fire away and I'll try to help (spent a lot of time trying to learn how to maximise is amazing potential)

Last edited:
Agree with blackreplica... need to learn to max out the full potential of this camera. Its just amazing that the image it churns out is still far better than the A7/R series. Will be getting the EVF later at Changi Airport Sony store before the end of the Sony promotion...

Agree with blackreplica... need to learn to max out the full potential of this camera. Its just amazing that the image it churns out is still far better than the A7/R series. Will be getting the EVF later at Changi Airport Sony store before the end of the Sony promotion...

EVF is a must. A RX1R is awesome, too bad I pre-ordered an A7 way way before there were any samples to play with.

Why Changi? Cant you get it for same price at any store in town during the promo?

But the IQ is fantastic.

BBB!

Actually, I was looking at dpreview studio comparison chart, the RX1R is not as good as the A7.

Can't comment on A7, but my A7R is better in IQ than my RX1-R, especially with 55FE and slightly better with 35FE (sharper and more resolved in the centre of 35FE than RX1R).

RX1R is smaller and more portable though, and the silent shutter is one of the best feature for street shots!

Actually, I was looking at dpreview studio comparison chart, the RX1R is not as good as the A7.

Can't comment on A7, but my A7R is better in IQ than my RX1-R, especially with 55FE and slightly better with 35FE (sharper and more resolved in the centre of 35FE than RX1R). RX1R is smaller and more portable though, and the silent shutter is one of the best feature for street shots!

U got d FE55??

Can't comment on A7, but my A7R is better in IQ than my RX1-R, especially with 55FE and slightly better with 35FE (sharper and more resolved in the centre of 35FE than RX1R). RX1R is smaller and more portable though, and the silent shutter is one of the best feature for street shots!

Bro it's time to showcase your magnificent lens and show us how it cuts watermelon clean and sharp :)

Bro it's time to showcase your magnificent lens and show us how it cuts watermelon clean and sharp :)

Y watermelon? Durian cannot?

This is RX1 picture thread. Let RX1/R cut the durian better....

I thought the a7r performs better than the a7?

Better, but also more expensive. Seen quick a few A7 users selling their A7 to fund for A7R.

I thought the a7r performs better than the a7?

Better, but also more expensive. Seen quick a few A7 users selling their A7 to fund for A7R.

Better IQ but u gotta live with the double shutter in the 7R. In the 7 u can activate electronic control so shutter release is faster.

Tempted to buy the RX1R now and getting some quotes. But have to hold off the purchase till Mar due to budget and missing the current deal on the Sony promotion.

Me too. I hv never bought a camera costing more than 2.5k brand new so stumping up more than 3k for brand new one is quite a leap.

Me too. I hv never bought a camera costing more than 2.5k brand new so stumping up more than 3k for brand new one is quite a leap.

This is call progress bro. Surely d Leica M will b in yr hands soon too