Photoshop help required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldmember

Dec 2, 2002
Moon
to all photoshop experts, how do i make a red circle on an image? purpose is to hightlight something. As i have tried, the circle draw command always fill the area completely which i do not want. please Help

This applies to Photoshop v6 but should still be the same in 7.

Set up the circle with the circular marquee tool (marching ants) in the desired location.

Then use the stroke command (edit menu / stroke) to produce the line. On the dialogue box you have options for colour, location relative to the selected area, mode and opacity etc.

Okay, a question I would like to add on top of the earlier one as I don't use Photoshop often, nor do I have a manual.

How do you change a colour image to purely black & white?

Originally posted by Goldmember
to all photoshop experts, how do i make a red circle on an image? purpose is to hightlight something. As i have tried, the circle draw command always fill the area completely which i do not want. please Help

1. Use the circle/(ellipse tool in PS7) to draw the circle.
2. Double click on that layer/ select blending options.
3. Under advanced blending, set fill opacity to 0.
4. Check "stroke", change the size accordingly.
5. resize the circle with ctrl-T if the circle does not cover the highlighted area.

Originally posted by camerakit

5. resize the circle with ctrl-T if the circle does not cover the highlighted area.

wow..dun even know that it can be resized

Thanks for the tips

btw, i know that if u press and hold "shift" key when u are drawing with circular marquee tool, it will be a circle...but if u dun press shift key...u may get an oval

Remember to press "shift" while clicking and dragging using the "elliptical marquee tool" or "ellipse tool" under "custom shapes" to get a nice round circle rather than an ellipse. Hope this helps :D

Originally posted by Wai

wow..dun even know that it can be resized

If you can't resize/transform, make sure you've selected the "move tool"... cos some selected tools don't allow the transform option.

Status
Not open for further replies.