Photographers involved in small fight at WP rally last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
trlnlty said:
this has been said a million times before, if you are in public property, you are allowing anyone to take a picture of you. if you dont want to get ur picture taken, dont get out.

lol good one :thumbsup:
got reverse side also... this has been said a million times before, if you suka suka go take other ppls photos without consent or against their wishes in public places... be careful... you never know when or will probably wonder why you tio hoot ;p

ndroo said:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: Now I also wanna vote for u :sweat:

seems like next election, i dun form a new group also cannot liao... :bsmilie:

maybe u guys wanna list down your constituency, then i see which area got more Csers that support me, then i go there...

then i'll also make sure my Mr A, Mr B, Mr C, .... Mr ZZ... dun anyhow kan anybody... wanna kan also must kan the 'correct' ppl... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
seems like next election, i dun form a new group also cannot liao... :bsmilie:

maybe u guys wanna list down your constituency, then i see which area got more Csers that support me, then i go there...

then i'll also make sure my Mr A, Mr B, Mr C, .... Mr ZZ... dun anyhow kan anybody... wanna kan also must kan the 'correct' ppl... :bsmilie:

VOTE FOR DCA

VOTE FOR DCA

VOTE FOR DCA

If he wins, he promise to UPGRADE all Nikon users to D.tooth AXE, Canon users to Wan Tee mark tooth, other users depends on what is the best at that time loh.:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

JediForce4ever said:
DCA!!
If we vote for you, will you promise, to bring the price of DSLR down to below S$1k?

No problem... i'll use all your progressive package on the subsidy... :bsmilie:

And note, i'll get to obtain each and every brand of bodies and lens in the midst of it...

btw... KT... its not Hail lor...

u never see Gundam rite... Zeons is...

SIEGE ZEON!!!

No problem... i'll use all your progressive package on the subsidy... :bsmilie:

And note, i'll get to obtain each and every brand of bodies and lens in the midst of it...
[/QUOTE]
no problem..I underage to qualify from Progress package....so i'll benifit from the price drop..:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GOGOSIEGE DCA!!!

JediForce4ever said:
yup, i was the one almost kena ''hoot''.
but another photographer in the vicinity was the one who started the incident.So as long as they see photogs, they think we are same bunch and anyhow ''hoot''.
Newbie photographers should learn to realise the uncertain outcome of any surprise incident in a big rally where there are ten of thousands of ppl. Political rallies are different from social events and I am always surprised when I see some young photogaphers carrying big guns walking about in a rally and shooting when and where they feel they got a good shot ... imagine if you are a top man in a GLC, etc.. and your face came out in a photo for a rally for the opp.... how do you think it will affect him? ... Ppl look the same on the surface but their political conviction is different and i hope these young photogy will learn to realise this asap. Be sensitive and unless you carry a badge, plse dont try your luck too far ....:nono:

jsbn said:
Unfortunately, there are ppl who regard crowd size for popularity. :sweat:

Like ***??
:devil:

Not from a rally p.o.v, but from another large official event.

Some photographers from the press are equally as bad.Lack of respect for the OP on-site, and insisting on shoving their way through.Look, no one, especially me, gives a damn even if you are the press.

A slur on the profession, caused by a few black sheep who think they have the cojones to strut due to their vaportalk status..:thumbsd:

:sweat: Quite gulity of doing that often,
especially when doing street photography but only dare to do that overseas. the people generally more open to strangers taking their photo.
In Singapore, you turn around and suddenly shoot strangers, you will be killed if you do that.

During the opp rallies, people's emotions are flustered and rattled, was tempted to take photos of people at the rallies, but had the fear that people will literally kill you for that.
Emotions are so high, anything can happen. Best is to shoot quietly, do not argue with the public, have respect and apologise profusely for getting in people's way. Quite a few of the public were upset with the official media photographers at the rallies. "Take photo for what, also never put on newspaper" (in hokkien). Don't aggrave the already aggravated

I wonder why the official media photographers don't do that? Apologise if you shove, or need to get to your destination.
Got stepped on and shoved by a few of them. (ouch i wearing slippers) So aggressive. I was so scared. :confused: :confused: :confused:

A-Von said:
the more i thought the more i feel, the photographer could be at fault too..

the other day i was at an opposition rally..not taking pics but listening..

dan there's this photographer who walked in front of us, suddenly turned around and took 2 continous shots after which he just walked off quickly..(preplanned?)

even thou i myself is a photographer i felt that was kind of rude.

I dont really like to take photo for human in public as some will be alright but some will not. Especially at some sentive places, if u want to take photo then dont use flash and stand abit far. Then u will be much safer.

I think most of Singaporean still can't accept that they had their photo taken in the public. Especially at the election time.

ullyss said:
Got stepped on and shoved by a few of them. (ouch i wearing slippers) So aggressive. I was so scared. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ok ok... sayang sayang... dun scared dun scared... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Just some personal thoughts. Elections are a heated affair and it's not a case of maturity or manners of the participants. Fiery speeches are made, people are stirred and sometimes heated up. So people may not really behave rationally. Also plainly some people just dont like photographers.

I have seen instances overseas in which photographers get set upon by protesters and beaten, stomped and kicked. Cameras broken and smashed. Their crime? Were they part of the element the protestors were protesting? Were they being rude or asking for it? NO they were just there and unlucky that the crowd turned on them.

It shows how volatile things can be in political events even in "SAFE" and "ORDERLY" Singapore. I believe that some photographers even use telephoto lenses to avoid being too close to the subject. One final note, I think it's really time that Photographers understand that a camera can be threatening to people, you might again have the arguement of you have the rights to take the photo of anyone etc etc etc. But when you are at the recieving end of a punch, your camera smashed..... do you really want to sue, go to court etc? Or rather just smile, say a simple sorry and walk away? A bit of humble pie will allow you and your camera to take photos for another day.

wrx_sti_22b said:
Ok ok... sayang sayang... dun scared dun scared... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

sayang got icecream from the icecream stall bo? I want ben and jerry's!

hahaha, i can't believe there is so many ice cream sellers at the rally, so enterprising! next time i must go there sell canned drinks and kachang and listen to the rally at the same time. Must make money mah, times so bad, camera and lens so expensive. Hai

Status
Not open for further replies.