Photo Marathon Contest 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
T16 said:
Do you think it is fair?

why not? all's fair in love, war and photography.

btw, 2 of the assignment winners are Pros and 1 is a student.

zaren said:
why not? all's fair in love, war and photography.

btw, 2 of the assignment winners are Pros and 1 is a student.

is the student using a point and shoot cam ? or dslr ? :sweat:
I participated with a point and shoot but were amazed by so many dslrs users around me. :bigeyes:

Fun day. Not bad la the experience..hahah ;)
here are my shots...didnt get anything..haix

myworld.jpg

islandlife.jpg

sgidol.jpg

where got pro..

luck only

In today's Digital Life: The 30 shortlisted pictures will be displayed at the Heeren Atrium at Orchard Road from Oct 28 to Nov 4 where you can view them and guess the winning shot.

valska said:
Funny how we didn't see you there! :) What a pity. Did you see us? Btw, we were all WOWED by your pregnant tummy shot. Totally.

Didn't see you or Photokalia at all, Valska. Must have been too crowded. Here's the tummy shot. Hope my wife won't mind the publicity. :D

faiths_tummy.jpg

Congrats Electrin! Going to be a daddy soon eh! :D
You know, if you painted your wife's tummy like a globe, I'd bet it'd make a really nice pic! ;)

Newman said:
In today's Digital Life: The 30 shortlisted pictures will be displayed at the Heeren Atrium at Orchard Road from Oct 28 to Nov 4 where you can view them and guess the winning shot.

Do we guess the winning shot (meaning the judges have pre-selected the shot)

or vote for the winning shot? (Singapore Idol style!)

i tink guess.. but they never disclose how they will select the winning shot...
unless they need time from NOW till 20th NOV to decide.....

or maybe they ask their employees to vote ...

not too sure

duckizz said:
i tink guess.. but they never disclose how they will select the winning shot...
unless they need time from NOW till 20th NOV to decide.....

or maybe they ask their employees to vote ...

not too sure

going by last year's event, the grand prize winner is selected from the three assignment winners, and has already been decided. :think:

there's no guessing or voting.... think the logistics might be quite a nightmare if they were to do so cos of the large number of entries and the time.

Electrin said:
Didn't see you or Photokalia at all, Valska. Must have been too crowded. Here's the tummy shot. Hope my wife won't mind the publicity. :D

faiths_tummy.jpg

hey great shot man... didn't realise it was yours until valska mentioned that your website looked familiar :)

zaren said:
going by last year's event, the grand prize winner is selected from the three assignment winners, and has already been decided. :think:

oh

then all that waiting time is for a publicity stunt ?

Might not be... 1st winning shot may be 85 marks, 2nd and 3rd maybe 40. There might be somebody with 80 for all 3 asgts, and thus the average will still be higher than that of the first prize winner for each category.

;)

duckizz said:
oh

then all that waiting time is for a publicity stunt ?

Hi duckizz, there's always hope, like espn said, they may look at the overall 3 shots before deciding. Anyway, I have sent the photo taken on Sat to your email acc. :)

Zookeeper said:
Do we guess the winning shot (meaning the judges have pre-selected the shot)

or vote for the winning shot? (Singapore Idol style!)

We might have to wait and see, public guessing might influence the result. And I think there're prizes for guessing the right one. On line voting might be a good idea too since they can make the system to accept one vote thru our ic. :)

espn said:
Might not be... 1st winning shot may be 85 marks, 2nd and 3rd maybe 40. There might be somebody with 80 for all 3 asgts, and thus the average will still be higher than that of the first prize winner for each category.

;)

the best photo wins the competition, not the photog with the highest average score. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.