Pentaxians October 2010 outing - calling for suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mint Museum not viable. The place cannot hold our large number of people. I know as I have been there 3 times already. Twice to help a friend take photos of his bears being displayed there.

Displays are all behind glass and really make it difficult to take pictures with flash. if you can go flash-less it would be good but ISO need to boost up.

Mint Museum can take photo one??? then i will find one day go....:D

Mint Museum not viable. The place cannot hold our large number of people. I know as I have been there 3 times already. Twice to help a friend take photos of his bears being displayed there.

Displays are all behind glass and really make it difficult to take pictures with flash. if you can go flash-less it would be good but ISO need to boost up.

Thanks for the advice felix! Im using k-x so hopefully iso is sufficient. Which of these 3 lenses should I bring along for the museum?
1. smc-m 50mm F1.7
2. Tammy 17-50mm F2.8
3. DFA 100mm WR MACRO

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
lets stay on topic.

Ideas for Oct outing:

Macritchie
Pulau Ubin
St. John
Admiralty Park
Woodlands Waterfront

Any other suggestions?

lets stay on topic.

Ideas for Oct outing:

Macritchie
Pulau Ubin
St. John
Admiralty Park
Woodlands Waterfront

Any other suggestions?

kent ridge park
sungei buloh
kampong buangkok
little india (deepavali is coming rite?)
labrador park

Mint Museum can take photo one??? then i will find one day go....:D

I took these 3 years ago. :)
The Museum is not that big but I am pretty sure the owner will be happy we all jam in there anyway. It has quite pleasant surroundings. If you opt for the Museum, after that can still take some street photos outside and of course, coffee and tea readily available too. :)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279350&highlight=mint+museum&page=76

lets stay on topic.

Ideas for Oct outing:

Macritchie
Pulau Ubin
St. John
Admiralty Park
Woodlands Waterfront

Any other suggestions?

Wa i having sunrise outing there on the 9 October.If both groups clash then it'll be :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for the advice felix! Im using k-x so hopefully iso is sufficient. Which of these 3 lenses should I bring along for the museum?
1. smc-m 50mm F1.7
2. Tammy 17-50mm F2.8
3. DFA 100mm WR MACRO

Thanks in advance. :)

Nos 2 & 3. oh wth, Bring all lah. then can try out.

I took these 3 years ago. :)
The Museum is not that big but I am pretty sure the owner will be happy we all jam in there anyway. It has quite pleasant surroundings. If you opt for the Museum, after that can still take some street photos outside and of course, coffee and tea readily available too. :)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279350&highlight=mint+museum&page=76

abit OT, viewing these thread of "old" photos bring back so many memories of fellow pentaxians CSers.

I suggest in addition to have a dinner and talk as a get together for Pentaxians and have MORE time to socialize. Also, could be an opportunity for Emjay or others to show off their new acquisitions Kr, K5, new lenses etc. Also can get press coverage. Sell t-shirts, maybe even invite Pentax Malaysia to come as well to give talk on what's happening on the other side. We don't need to go to fanciful restaurants. You never know some Japanese Pentaxians may want to join as well. We should also start to collect more info on Pentaxians for other network opportunities.... wow... What you think?

I suggest in addition to have a dinner and talk as a get together for Pentaxians and have MORE time to socialize. Also, could be an opportunity for Emjay or others to show off their new acquisitions Kr, K5, new lenses etc. Also can get press coverage. Sell t-shirts, maybe even invite Pentax Malaysia to come as well to give talk on what's happening on the other side. We don't need to go to fanciful restaurants. You never know some Japanese Pentaxians may want to join as well. We should also start to collect more info on Pentaxians for other network opportunities.... wow... What you think?

Good idea. Never thought of engaging Japanese or other international Pentaxians in Singapore. Since this is the biggest Pentaxians group in the world, this is a thought in the right direction. Lets get together for lunch or some things and flesh this out.

Back to the thread, from the many suggestions, can do a Pentax Marathon starting from 6.45 am to midnight. We had one a few years back. We had a lot of fun shooting macro, street, sunset, and neon lights.

So, Marathon Outing (macro, street, night scenes, sunset, sunrise), any one?

Good idea. Never thought of engaging Japanese or other international Pentaxians in Singapore. Since this is the biggest Pentaxians group in the world, this is a thought in the right direction. Lets get together for lunch or some things and flesh this out.

Back to the thread, from the many suggestions, can do a Pentax Marathon starting from 6.45 am to midnight. We had one a few years back. We had a lot of fun shooting macro, street, sunset, and neon lights.

So, Marathon Outing (macro, street, night scenes, sunset, sunrise), any one?

wah .... so serious ar .... like that got to apply leave from my wife wor ....

then again.... mid Oct reservist

wah .... so serious ar .... like that got to apply leave from my wife wor ....

then again.... mid Oct reservist

no necessary have to stay the whole marathon, can do quarter, half or three quarters marathon. but we may need more than 1 leader this time as it is not fair to expect FW to stay the whole marathon.

I don't mind the socializing part but it is one thing to come up with a crop of nebulous ideas but they all have to pass the viability test. I know one thing, there ain't no Pentax Malaysia to speak off... to few Pentax users and too dispersed.

I think we have been shooting nature/macro/landscape a lot lately... perhaps time to shoot STREET/URBAN LANSCAPES

I think we have been shooting nature/macro/landscape a lot lately... perhaps time to shoot STREET/URBAN LANSCAPES

ORCHARD RIVER (oops.. ROAD) - I think the subjects there can be very diverse; except that so many red t-shirts will get us noticed too quickly. This guy tungtong does have very interesting urban street shooting; not sure I dare to go that close from some of his shots.

How about the Pasir Panjang whole sale market - this is very focused subject. Can have interesting shots, if we can "frame the story"

East Coast Park - this is a good track all the way to Changi Village - you get landscape, people, sport, and above all lovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.