pentax webstore singapore by emjay

Hi All,

as heard from some guys the latest lens like the nikon g lens(with glass-plastic elements composite and their coatings) best imagine quality is only useful for 10 years. How about pentax lens ? can share some infomation ?

I have some really old pentax lens made in 1980s, still works beautifully today. that is 30 years already.

7897565508_c1f8296739_z.jpg

Tay TC said:
Hi All,

as heard from some guys the latest lens like the nikon g lens(with glass-plastic elements composite and their coatings) best imagine quality is only useful for 10 years. How about pentax lens ? can share some infomation ?

Hmm... I've a feeling 10years is more than enough for average user. I don't think you'll be insisting on using the same lens for the next 10years. ;)

Nevertheless, like Sunny, I've a few Pentax lens made in 1980's.. :)

Hi All,

u referring to which series of pentax lenses? since u are using nikon g lens to compare, most prob is the da lenses, the ones with plastic components. they offer very good values and quite durable, the SMC really helps to reduce flare and does not attract so much dust. the previous all metal pentax lenses can really last for decades as stated previously i.e. K,M,A series.

Tay TC said:
Hi All,

10 years later? Just shoot first and worry about 10 years later. Your images will last a lifetime or beyond, Nikon g lens or Pentax lens.

Just sharing, new offer from E-offer.sg at the Pentaxwebstore.sg

Pentax Web Store

The new price look attractive for Pentax K30....

With weather sealing, per lens AF fine tuning, 100% coverage viewfinder and 2 control wheels, so far (as of writing) features reserved for much higher end cameras, the K30 (on paper) promises to offer features never before seen in a 'entry' camera at its price point. - Extracted the comments and review from the link here.

Please read the review to know more about the Pentax K30. :)

Just to add on, if you have not read those front post of this thread, E-offer.sg does not get their products from APD (The local distributor),therefore APD won't cover the warranty.
It's just like a parallel import set... Please check with E-offer.sg on the warranty coverage by them for better details.

Last edited:
How would k-30 stand if compare to k-5? Just curious as both share almost same features but k-30 price is a few hundred bucks cheaper compare to k-5.

Just sharing, new offer from E-offer.sg at the Pentaxwebstore.sg

Pentax Web Store

The new price look attractive for Pentax K30....

With weather sealing, per lens AF fine tuning, 100% coverage viewfinder and 2 control wheels, so far (as of writing) features reserved for much higher end cameras, the K30 (on paper) promises to offer features never before seen in a 'entry' camera at its price point. - Extracted the comments and review from the link here.

Please read the review to know more about the Pentax K30. :)

Just to add on, if you have not read those front post of this thread, E-offer.sg does not get their products from APD (The local distributor),therefore APD won't cover the warranty.
It's just like a parallel import set... Please check with E-offer.sg on the warranty coverage by them for better details.

Its a god damn godilicious price for such a camera!
:)

the pentaxwebstore K30 price is even cheaper than the used BnS price in forum.

and all color are available in sg as well, same price,
http://pentaxwebstore.sg/dslr-cameras.html

hope to see some transformer like color k-30 in new outing.

Last edited:
now i am seriously tempted...

Have to agree on that. It's just insane to sell at price like that.

Personally, I just hope that it means a new wave of Pentaxians like what Kx did the last time.

How would k-30 stand if compare to k-5? Just curious as both share almost same features but k-30 price is a few hundred bucks cheaper compare to k-5.

My personal view:
If you want the K5, just get the K30.

If you want K5II/IIs, well then it's really hard to comment.

My personal view:
If you want the K5, just get the K30.

If you want K5II/IIs, well then it's really hard to comment.

If you want K5II/IIs, well it's still better to just get a K30 at those super low prices IMO. You can almost buy THREE sets of K30 w/ the (local) price of ONE K5IIs!

It is really good that some colour options are available in Singapore and at such prices. Too bad I already got the black K-30, if not, I would have gone for that Silky Silver one. It really look cool and not too flashy. Maybe should spread the word around my friends who are shopping for DSLRs.

It is really good that some colour options are available in Singapore and at such prices. Too bad I already got the black K-30, if not, I would have gone for that Silky Silver one. It really look cool and not too flashy. Maybe should spread the word around my friends who are shopping for DSLRs.

Hmm.. but I don't like the Silky Silver colour, it's more like gunmetal silver, not really the Pentax Limited Silvers colour. hee..

Just my preference. Hope you don't mind my comment. Just sharing on how the silver K30 look like.

Last edited:
Finally my orange got hope and I be going down to grab it tomorrow, who wants the tripod voucher can get from me at special price

Somebody.... Help......

Must.....resist............!!!!! Arg!!

I like the yellow (not orange) too, but I already got a yellow K-01.:confused: