Pentax Teaching Sessions

Yeah, lets call it a Pentax Share Session then :)

I'll try to work out the venue and date/time, meantime fix those who are willing to share. Hopefully we'd have this done in 2 months time.

i can help to settle the venue for you guys if you wish. i just need the date/time to make the booking.

Hi guys! I am new to Pentax community but has always been following news on Pentax and stuff. Has a friend (used to be a Pentax user) who told me once that the people here in Pentax community are friendly and easy-going. Much as I have not joined any Pentax outing yet, I am very much interested in learning all the techniques about lighting composition, landscapes, street shots and stuff related to photography. As for this Pentax Share Session which you guys are planning to come up with, is it possible for a newcomer like me to join in the fun and learn?

i can help to settle the venue for you guys if you wish. i just need the date/time to make the booking.

Thanks. That'd be a great help. Proper venue had been our biggest issue in previous sessions ... Will definitely contact you when we are ready to go :)

Hi guys! I am new to Pentax community but has always been following news on Pentax and stuff. Has a friend (used to be a Pentax user) who told me once that the people here in Pentax community are friendly and easy-going. Much as I have not joined any Pentax outing yet, I am very much interested in learning all the techniques about lighting composition, landscapes, street shots and stuff related to photography. As for this Pentax Share Session which you guys are planning to come up with, is it possible for a newcomer like me to join in the fun and learn?

Well, I guess you'll need to join our outing to find out :)

Looking forward to it!!! :D

Yeah, lets call it a Pentax Share Session then :)

I'll try to work out the venue and date/time, meantime fix those who are willing to share. Hopefully we'd have this done in 2 months time.

Actually for me, I don't need a classroom. Just anywhere with a combination of indoors/outdoors and a white wall. ;p
I can hold a session anytime as long as there are 3 people. (1 to act as model, 1 to assist lighting, 1 to shoot) Best to approach me on Facebook since I don't log in here often.

Hmm... Or we can always try and book a CC? ;P

LiverpoolMadman said:
Mus ... you can become our "model" ....

Err.... Whut....? -_-"...? Too skinny for too tall a frame and crooked teeth, you sure or not? LoL! Frank's the most ideal I think... KwaKwaKwa!! :p

I like the idea! Kudos to TS!
I have always been shooting streets and portraits and sometimes landscapes and didn't really experience much on other stuffs.
Still very much a blur king in lightings, macro, HDR, sports, wild life and post processing.
Joined the outings twice but didn't get to know the community much.
I would love the opportunity to know more friends through these learning/sharing sessions.
And I don't mind paying as a token of appreciation to the SIFUs...
Cheers!

Last edited:
I like the idea! Kudos to TS!
I have always been shooting streets and portraits and sometimes landscapes and didn't really experience much on other stuffs.
Still very much a blur king in lightings, macro, HDR, sports, wild life and post processing.
Joined the outings twice but didn't get to know the community much.
I would love the opportunity to know more friends through these learning/sharing sessions.
And I don't mind paying as a token of appreciation to the SIFUs...
Cheers!

You will have to join the outings more to know for folks ;)

Ask and you shall receive;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you

:D

Ya...will try to go to the next outing and aim to know at least 3 friends.
You'll be one if you are there. :)

I'm not a pro in birding but I can share my knowledge & experience.
I do not need a classroom too, can PM me for shooting together but not in big group, ideally 2-3 shooters.
*birding is different from street-shooting, landscape and other photography, the number does matter.
Currently I don't see a big group into birding but may change once the DA 550/F5.6 is out in the market. ;p
But well still can start with 300mm. ;)

Do we need big heavy tripod for tougher terrains?

I do not need a classroom too, can PM me for shooting together but not in big group, ideally 2-3 shooters.
*birding is different from street-shooting, landscape and other photography, the number does matter.
Currently I don't see a big group into birding but may change once the DA 550/F5.6 is out in the market. ;p

Do we need big heavy tripod for tougher terrains?

Depneds on your lens..
If you are using 300mm lens (not F2.8), any tripod that's rated 10kg load paired with good ballhead should be enough. If you can afford, go for gimbal head. If you're on a 300/F2.8 or 500mm telephoto/prime lens, a stable tripod without centre column is recommended. Such tripod + gimbal head cheapest is about $1k.
If you already have a stable tripod + ballhead, you can choose to go with Wimberley Sidekick.

Speaking of 560 what size of dry cabinet should fit that in? 100L?

Hi Ken count me in for the next bird shoot. will be using my humble 300mm lens;)
In the mean time saving up for the DA 550 lol

Thank you Ken for the sharing. :thumbsup:

Depneds on your lens..
If you are using 300mm lens (not F2.8), any tripod that's rated 10kg load paired with good ballhead should be enough. If you can afford, go for gimbal head. If you're on a 300/F2.8 or 500mm telephoto/prime lens, a stable tripod without centre column is recommended. Such tripod + gimbal head cheapest is about $1k.
If you already have a stable tripod + ballhead, you can choose to go with Wimberley Sidekick.