Pentax strobist sharing (Jul 08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ishou and iFoto those are good attempts.

I did a little addition PP those these 2 shots hope u all don't mind. Maybe next time we can have a short basic PP workshop, but all will need bring laptops^^;

Remember the level? If some small area still cannot, use burn tool;)
_IGP1467.jpg

Try brighten up more^^
IMGP2117.jpg

My share of some photos taken today:

This is for flowerpots for his sacrifice =P

1. Too much of this makes u drop just like the bottle =P (Actually dunno wat is in the bottle..hahaha)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/ishou80/SHjH6xWQp_I/AAAAAAAAD9M/XT-lOGrn2yo/s800/_IGP1459.jpg

2. Not a very good one taken as I only did once to test the effect (Hope the others can post better ones)

http://lh3.ggpht.com/ishou80/SHjIEIq2nhI/AAAAAAAAD9U/ewp_oKidzNc/s800/_IGP1467.jpg

3. Done with vivitar 28mm reversed mount

http://lh4.ggpht.com/ishou80/SHjIFAOj4EI/AAAAAAAAD9c/xi9cR7rbcr0/s800/_IGP1484.jpg

4. Same 28mm reversed mount

http://lh5.ggpht.com/ishou80/SHjIJhSGVAI/AAAAAAAAD-E/Jqr0lE9r1v4/s800/_IGP1492 copy.jpg

5. Not sure what are these...

http://lh5.ggpht.com/ishou80/SHjIQDuAzxI/AAAAAAAAD-0/XJQEw2jEzdQ/s800/_IGP1501.jpg

me no sacrifice la... if i dun go hx#* who go hx#* :bsmilie:
i see u absorb many of longko powers liao... smart master produce high student ;)
hope to see u post more pics...dun be like me, all talk no action so no post :sticktong
and my nick is flowerpot no s ley...dun ask mi why flowerpot cos i oso dunno :bsmilie:

did i actually miss this workshop?!?!?

arghhhhhhhhhh:bigeyes:

did i actually miss this workshop?!?!?

arghhhhhhhhhh:bigeyes:

U are over-qualified:bsmilie: This is just basic product photography and macro (this one u gone thru b4 liao) sharing. Can't use basic for macros, cause some of them are taking tiny 1 to 3mm bugs with eyes showing^^;

ishou and iFoto those are good attempts.

I did a little addition PP those these 2 shots hope u all don't mind. Maybe next time we can have a short basic PP workshop, but all will need bring laptops^^;

Remember the level? If some small area still cannot, use burn tool;)

Yeah a short basic PP will be wonderful! ^^

Will try to post more shots and hope to see the others photos from Timothy and Woonsin.

U are over-qualified:bsmilie: This is just basic product photography and macro (this one u gone thru b4 liao) sharing. Can't use basic for macros, cause some of them are taking tiny 1 to 3mm bugs with eyes showing^^;

ohhh.. haha.. yah.. i've gone thru tt training with Master Longko last year..
private session some more..

*bows to the master*

it's been a while since we've last shot together.. :)

Thanks again to Longko for the session.

Great to know how we can create effects without having a million dollars.

Here are some pics.

Those who are afraid of bugs and insects...beware

Flying insects

2664617464_511b52ec4f_b.jpg

2663796387_28b92e07d5_b.jpg

2664626068_aef2a3824a_b.jpg

Ants/bugs

These shots were taken with Longko's Reverse Sigma lens on my K10D
2663810381_a11cdf39df_b.jpg

2664641384_cbc88862c7_b.jpg

See the little bug at the bottom of the pic? I didn'e even see it when I was shooting.

This picture was taken on ifoto's K10D using ishou80's Reverse Vivatar lens
2663778327_202d3d85cc_b.jpg

And...leaves/flowers

2664658136_fd5ae81f89_b.jpg

2663835001_ae15849f54_b.jpg

2664654800_efc4ed8a70_b.jpg

seems like it was a macro session for me.. :)

Lastly.....

Just a picture of the actual strobist session....

2663772937_436e631be7_b.jpg

Notice the reflection of the chairs (on which which we put the flash on) on the side of the bottle....

ohhh.. haha.. yah.. i've gone thru tt training with Master Longko last year..
private session some more..

*bows to the master*

it's been a while since we've last shot together.. :)

not master lah.. it was just a sharing session. Ya been a abt 1yr since we shot together.

Nice shots Simplytimo. Hope u all will continue to practise, this session is only the 1st step^^

Edit: BTW it'll be good to submit ur shots to Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG). It'll let u know if your shots are gd enough yet.
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home

To get an account email to photogallery@pentax.com and request for an artist account.

Hi, Young Master LongKo,

At first, I thought Longko was sometimes 40+ but from what I saw u coming at gate, I could not believe my own eyes that u are the one. :eek: That's why I consider you as young master. I really enjoy learning DIY products from you and you had patience to write notes and explained to me. Thank you very much. :D :thumbsup: I hope to learn some more from you again in next session.

Sorry, I was busy going out last 2 days and had no time to ps my images. Hope I will do them tonight if time permitted. ;p

Nice shots Simplytimo. Hope u all will continue to practise, this session is only the 1st step^^

Edit: BTW it'll be good to submit ur shots to Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG). It'll let u know if your shots are gd enough yet.
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home

To get an account email to photogallery@pentax.com and request for an artist account.

Think my standard cannot go submit it yet...:cry: Practise more first. :cool:

At first, I thought Longko was sometimes 40+ but from what I saw u coming at gate, I could not believe my own eyes that u are the one. :eek: That's why I consider you as young master. I really enjoy learning DIY products from you and you had patience to write notes and explained to me. Thank you very much. :D :thumbsup: I hope to learn some more from you again in next session.

Not master >.< It's a pleasure to share what I know with u all. Gald to see u enjoy DIY too^^

Think my standard cannot go submit it yet...:cry: Practise more first.

I only started submiting from last month, think I'll make it a point to submit 3 photos a month and see what I'll end up with 1 yr later^^ Hope we'll be able to up the Singapore Pentax photographer's standard^^

I only started submiting from last month, think I'll make it a point to submit 3 photos a month and see what I'll end up with 1 yr later^^ Hope we'll be able to up the Singapore Pentax photographer's standard^^

If you have not mentioned the Pentax Photo Gallery, I totally forget about it already. I have not logged in for a long time.:bsmilie:

If you have not mentioned the Pentax Photo Gallery, I totally forget about it already. I have not logged in for a long time.:bsmilie:

:bsmilie:I also forget after submitting 3 shots last month. Then on pentaxforum saw someone very excited over it so login to check if mine got selected since no email about being selected.

Hi, here's some photos. I have very very long way to practise. Give me C&C so I need to polish my skills.

IMGW6088.JPG

IMGW6111.JPG

I feel this is bit overexposed after pp.
IMGW6123.JPG

IMGW6161_s_.jpg

IMGW6167_s_.jpg

Ack... I need to pp and post my photos.
Hit some snag, due to PC migration and MC the last few days....
Will try to put up soon... :-S

Status
Not open for further replies.