[Pentax/Ricoh Jul Outing] 20 Jul 2013, Gardens by the Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could join, but Sat. is a no no to me :(. I'm sure you guys would have a lot fun there.

By the way, short of me arrowing the experienced landscape shooters, could they volunteer a certain location? I'll just fill in the gap if a particular location is not popular (or scrape it altogether). :)

Count me in. Hope there will be some discussions on post processing which is impt for landscape... :)

Count me in. Hope there will be some discussions on post processing which is impt for landscape... :)

Can sense another sharing by WK is coming again! :bsmilie:

Adding in your name. Btw, paiseh about the early timing but we don't have much of a choice, sunrise is at 7 am these days and some of the best moments can come during the timing of 6.30 am to 7 am. If you make it there later, just proceed to the locations and you should be able to find some people there. If the weather is decent we'd probably hang around until later on anyways. :)

GR01. WK (H/P: 9139 8553)
GR02. Chipvn (Never been to GBTB before)
GR03. Moronfans (Regret selling my UWA)
GR04. Hjbyeo (9651 1642)
GR05. sunnycamera
GR06. Pauliggy (1st sunrise outing, wants to learn from the pros ) thanks
GR07. Red Dawn (David)
GR08. GX (wants to take #2 angle)
GR09. felixcat8888
GR10. PhilipKr35 ( 10am leave to church wedding)
GR11. Greg (cross my finger for a good weather!)
GR12. seefei (maybe bring a friend)
GR13. nitewalk
GR14. hellfire88
GR15. Trowa77 (hope I can wake up)
GR16. lensk

GR04. Hjbyeo (9651 1642)
GR05. sunnycamera
GR07. Red Dawn (David)
GR09. felixcat8888
GR13. nitewalk
GR14. hellfire88
GR16. lensk
GR17. hypy13 (relish this rare opportunity to learn from Pentax's award-winning landscape maestro)
GR18. cyk13
GR19.
GR20.

By the way, short of me arrowing the experienced landscape shooters, could they volunteer a certain location? I'll just fill in the gap if a particular location is not popular (or scrape it altogether). :)

Stick with 2 loc? 1ab and 2 since we have got 2 great landscaper in these 2 loc already. Works?

FW, we will really miss you.

Oh dear.. Your presence will definitely be missed!

Well, I won't be able to join Sat morning outings, but I'm sure I'd be able to come along if it's some other time :)

Anyway, you guys have fun there. The flowers in those two flower Domes are super nice, a great place for some macros. It only cost $20, really worth it.

Can't miss this even if it's for a short period, gotta leave by 815 though.. Loc 1 can't take that many people, i shall go loc 2 :)

GR04. Hjbyeo (9651 1642)
GR05. sunnycamera
GR07. Red Dawn (David)
GR09. felixcat8888
GR13. nitewalk
GR14. hellfire88
GR16. lensk
GR17. hypy13 (relish this rare opportunity to learn from Pentax's award-winning landscape maestro)
GR18. cyk13
GR19. wonglp
GR20.

Would love to join the outing but I got a training workshop to attend on Sat.

The place is quite big, would it be a good idea if we divide ourselves up instead of crowding at the dragonfly bridge?

The place is quite big, would it be a good idea if we divide ourselves up instead of crowding at the dragonfly bridge?

Dragonfly Bridge?

None of the 2 locations are at Dragonfly Bridge leh.. One is to the left of DF Bridge (left when facing the Supertree Grove), the other will be on top of the bridge leading to MBS. The place to left of DF Bridge quite ok, can hold an estimated 6 to 7 people for the angle I posted (everyone cooperate la), and if you want to shoot other angles with more supertrees can easily hold another 6 to 7. The bridge on top of MBS is the one with limited space... Maybe can have 5 or 6 people (possibly less, if there are other shooters that day).

Dragonfly Bridge?

None of the 2 locations are at Dragonfly Bridge leh.. One is to the left of DF Bridge (left when facing the Supertree Grove), the other will be on top of the bridge leading to MBS. The place to left of DF Bridge quite ok, can hold an estimated 6 to 7 people for the angle I posted (everyone cooperate la), and if you want to shoot other angles with more supertrees can easily hold another 6 to 7. The bridge on top of MBS is the one with limited space... Maybe can have 5 or 6 people (possibly less, if there are other shooters that day).

Ya, location 1 is limited so for those who knows they can be early like before 630am, and hasn't shot there before, it's a really nice angle. i brought m43 group there last time, sunrise was about 7 as well, 630am there's already a group of 5, so some late comers bo bian have to stand behind at the step. Max i would say is about 10 to have a decent angle. So i think if some had taken at this angle before, maybe can go location 2 or some other as suggested by edutilos.

Just to give an idea, this is how it looks like at the end of MBS bridge, location 1.

Ya the bridge linking to mbs is called dragonfly bridge, isnt it? It cant hold so many people, maybe part of the group needs to go down.

Ya the bridge linking to mbs is called dragonfly bridge, isnt it? It cant hold so many people, maybe part of the group needs to go down.

Nah, DF bridge is the one in the view from there. So named because of dragonfly sculptures in the water body there. :)

Yep, that's why got two locations ah. :)

Nah, DF bridge is the one in the view from there. So named because of dragonfly sculptures in the water body there. :)

Yep, that's why got two locations ah. :)

Lol alw got it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.