How do we ID each other?
I've never met any of you guys before.
Look for a crowd all carrying Pentax?

Just got clearance....
Will be there ard 7.30pm I hope...
How do we ID each other?

alamak...of course look for all goondus carrying pentax cameras in pentax bags and slinging a pentax tripod and of course, the hat and vest with the words "PENTAX" in bold red! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Just got clearance....
Will be there ard 7.30pm I hope...
How do we ID each other?

Okay, I'll start w/ mine. Here is my hp no. 94281380

If you can't locate us (which is really not likely I'd say), just sms/call me :D

Cheers!

hi
anybody has any idea which is the cheapest car park in that area to park in the afternoon?
Suntec? Raffles City? Marina Square or Funan Centre? Which of these placed charges a per entry sum after 5pm? Does Starbuck give car park refund?
Thanks! :)

Suntec should be cheapest if you look at hourly rates and convenience. Best balance. $1.05 for first 2 hours, and er, can't remember after that - I think $1.05 per hour. After 5 pm different story.. Usually will have per entry somewhere. If we are having it at f-stop.. Can someone please confirm the place before I go out? Then you can park at.. Riverside Point.. Per Entry. I think $2.50.

Suntec should be cheapest if you look at hourly rates and convenience. Best balance. $1.05 for first 2 hours, and er, can't remember after that - I think $1.05 per hour. After 5 pm different story.. Usually will have per entry somewhere. If we are having it at f-stop.. Can someone please confirm the place before I go out? Then you can park at.. Riverside Point.. Per Entry. I think $2.50.

thanks..there's pc show at suntec, so not sure if parking available.
have no idea where f-stop is. in fact, when it was first mentioned here, I though it odd the focal ratio kept on being talked about! so far i think they are meeting at raffles starbucks. don't think they should change so last minute or it will cause confusion.

thanks..there's pc show at suntec, so not sure if parking available.
have no idea where f-stop is. in fact, when it was first mentioned here, I though it odd the focal ratio kept on being talked about! so far i think they are meeting at raffles starbucks. don't think they should change so last minute or it will cause confusion.

Hrm, yeah. Speaking of which maybe I can drop by and check it out.. =D

F-stop is at the Clarke Quay area, right opposite Riverside Point. =)

I was there yesterday. All carpark was full...
Suntec, Millennium Walk, Marina Sq, Esplanade, City Hall and Shaw... yes, I drove to all these buildings :confused:
I would suggest go early around 10-11 am. If you are there in the afternoon, try the carpark entrance for the yellow zone behind Tower 2... you can go in here even if the others shows full.
http://www.sunteccity.com.sg/retail/carpark.htm

BTW... no pentax :(

I was there yesterday. All carpark was full...
Suntec, Millennium Walk, Marina Sq, Esplanade, City Hall and Shaw... yes, I drove to all these buildings :confused:
I would suggest go early around 10-11 am. If you are there in the afternoon, try the carpark entrance for the yellow zone behind Tower 2... you can go in here even if the others shows full.
http://www.sunteccity.com.sg/retail/carpark.htm

BTW... no pentax :(

today is not a holiday, and CBD is in operation, so maybe we will have a better chance? :thumbsup:

If you can't locate us (which is really not likely I'd say), just sms/call me :D
Cheers!

Just in case I forget where we're supposed to meet...
I have a scattered brain, in case it's not obvious enough yet... :embrass:

ADVISORY

Forget parking at Suntec City as it is open only for season ticket holders during this PC Show madness. Avoid Nicoll Highway as congestion is already on!!!

I will be there at 7pm. Agenda = Meet + Chat + Snap :)

holding a RED ROSE as ID.:bsmilie:

I'll be there about 7pm tomorrow.

As to location, was unsure if everyone is familiar with Cafe f-stop and Raffles City is a pretty central place. Anyway I asked for suggestions early on in this thread, but no suggestions put forward till late... We can decide on a better location for the next meet-up.

See you all tomorrow.

hope you all not confused with the location, i put forth the suggestion cos it was mentioned that starbucks may be packed. certainly appreciate creampuff's effort for coordinating this gathering. too bad, i have too much work to do, cant go. hope you guys had a great time, see u guys next time.

:)

Thanks guys, had fun playing with all the lenses and talking to you guys.

Thanks creampuff for the lift! =)

I was conned! No one had their cameras out when I arrived! :D
But apparently, lost forum members looking for a gathering seem to stick out like a sore thumb... :p

So nice to have a chance to try so many lenses.... *drool*
Make me gian 2 more lenses besides 1 I already losing sleep over (and fengwei keep tempting me more with his).

But I think I will not get the DA70 yet lar...
Probably the DA10-17 and/or a nice macro first (like creampuff's FA50 *drool*).
Cos looking back at my pictures, I dun take that much portraits shots...
More on sceneries, buildings, shapes, etc... Still life... I think...

More images to feed LBA.

From an earlier thread, taken in Bic Camera, Japan earlier this month.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=282000

S$ Prices are after tax refund.

Pentax display case.
DSC00069_2.jpg

DA 70 for about S$650.
DSC00070.jpg

DA 10-17 for about S$640.
DSC00085.jpg

FA* 300mm f2.8 for about S$5300.
DSC00080.jpg

Hi all
Thanks for the gathering. Interesting to meet all the forummers in person! and so many toys to play and touch! ;) The venue was a little too noisy, so maybe we can choose someplace a little quieter..heh heh..and also perhaps next time we will spend an hour or so taking night shots.
:thumbsup:

Nice meeting you guys. Sorry that I had to leave earlier. Hope you guys have more fun after I left :)

Here is the gang:

IMGP3313_s.jpg

eyespeek left too early, sorry that you are not in the photo ;)

Hmm, the fisheye made me look taller .... that's nice :cool:

Hope we'd have another gathering with some shootout, not just chatting :D

Cheers!

Thanks guys, had fun playing with all the lenses and talking to you guys.

Thanks creampuff for the lift! =)
No prob. I owe you a small treat. Anyway if you want to borrow stuff, just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.