Pentax K200D discontinued in the Japanese market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Price for K20D has been dropped quite bit in almost every country except here in SG. Check the price in UK, Germany, China, JP ... You can get K20D brand new w/ one year warranty in China for 5150RMB (1140SGD).

It always has been the case. The price here in SG for pentax camera is always so stable.:bsmilie:

If they promote (not just advertise) it more, then stocks would move faster and they need not have to sell them at old stock price, I suppose.:think:

their business model just doesn't seems to make sense... maybe they are targeting existing pentax users since the new user would probably choose N or C... or they just simply give up since the market share will always be the same regardless of any marketing or price reduction at all... since i sell this amount regardless got marketing or not, i save on advertising and sell higher lor... :bsmilie:

anyway im not depending on them for my pentax stuff... is a free and open market out there...

Not sure how we can attract more converts, or at least upgraders, if USA price is $1k less than here. Quite ridiculous.

Pentax may still be value/quality for money here, but it's dismal consolation for such a price gap between official pricings here and elsewhere!

For any company to procure stocks at low prices, it has to commit to a certain volume to the principal. If the demand is low, it is difficult for any company to have low pricing or adopt a loss leader strategy. Brand building does not happen overnight and the fairly short model life of DSLRs means it is challenging to maintain top of mind awareness among consumers, much less moving the product in retail.

Doing business in Singapore is also very difficult in part due to the high overheads and fairly small market. I would not surprised our agent is in shall we say, "a difficult position" financially. I can only hope we can continue to have access to the excellent after sales service provided thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.