Pentax DSLR ?

All theses problems are usually blown out of proportion. Previously someone made hell lot of noise saying k-r's AF is inaccurate under certain fluorescent lights. Now this is what I saw from the Nikon forum: Link

Nikon and nikon and nikon nth said about KR what, ok la holdout and see nikon D6k you see everyone say other people no good. If u kena girl say you it will become "Girls Always Remember You No Good" Hahahaha:bsmilie:

Nikon and nikon and nikon nth said about KR what, ok la holdout and see nikon D6k you see everyone say other people no good. If u kena girl say you it will become "Girls Always Remember You No Good" Hahahaha:bsmilie:

This is the Link to thread stating similar problems on the Pentax: Link What I'm trying to say is every camera will definitely have some flaws. If you keep reading all these negative threads on forums you will never buy any cameras. :bsmilie:

i'm using a kx now, my first DSLR, and i'm sure i will stick to pentax for my next, seriously looking at k5.
for afew reason.
1. pentax's users here are friendly and helpful. no much "air" even among the seniors.
2. everyone is canon and nikon, i just want to be different.
3. after using KX, and reading so many review online, mag and everywhere, i know the standard is there. why not many people using is like what people say, marketing and branding!
putting the branding aside. pentax will standing side by side with canon and nikon anytime.

This is the Link to thread stating similar problems on the Pentax: Link What I'm trying to say is every camera will definitely have some flaws. If you keep reading all these negative threads on forums you will never buy any cameras. :bsmilie:

That is your own personal flaws I read and see from hardwarezone all the way to here, Pentax not really big problem. Ur link shows nth about KR so need not bother see as it is a waste of time and eye power which I can used more often on pictures taken by KR KX and K5 better. I read things based on proof not links to blah blah D700 blah blah yawnz and zzzzz

That is your own personal flaws I read and see from hardwarezone all the way to here, Pentax not really big problem. Ur link shows nth about KR so need not bother see as it is a waste of time and eye power which I can used more often on pictures taken by KR KX and K5 better. I read things based on proof not links to blah blah D700 blah blah yawnz and zzzzz

Suspected TROLL . . . .

As we have been sharing with the TS, not only does Pentax have this issue, but other manufacturers like Nikon are also have the same issue as the sensor is from SONY . . .

So we are waiting for a firmware fix to some of these issues, if there are any at all. Singapore being small, does not seem to be overly affected like the ones in the USA.

Problems like faulty in e-dial, lens won't auto focus, stain on sensor of K5 recently. :embrass:

I did some googling some time ago and discovered that the erratic e-dial has been a known problem for quite some time (same issue on past models).
Mine suffered from the same problem a few months ago and I brought it to Emjay for a checkup but not much improvement either until it miraculously recovered on its own when I got a dry cabinet to store it. :confused:

I did some googling some time ago and discovered that the erratic e-dial has been a known problem for quite some time (same issue on past models).
Mine suffered from the same problem a few months ago and I brought it to Emjay for a checkup but not much improvement either until it miraculously recovered on its own when I got a dry cabinet to store it. :confused:

u never keep your camera properly... u hurt its feelings :cry: :bsmilie:

Suspected TROLL . . . .

As we have been sharing with the TS, not only does Pentax have this issue, but other manufacturers like Nikon are also have the same issue as the sensor is from SONY . . .

So we are waiting for a firmware fix to some of these issues, if there are any at all. Singapore being small, does not seem to be overly affected like the ones in the USA.

hhmm simi is TROLL it sounds offensive,haiz ok whatever go sightseeing better than getting more wu gao zhuang!

u never keep your camera properly... u hurt its feelings :cry: :bsmilie:

no lah... originally i was using drybox.. but upgraded to cabinet haha:bsmilie:

no lah... originally i was using drybox.. but upgraded to cabinet haha:bsmilie:

and don't forget to leave the cabinet power supply in the ON position:D

liveevil did link to a Pentax Kr suspected issue which was not in SG but in the USA.

By commenting and targeting another CSer like above is uncalled for.

hhmm simi is TROLL it sounds offensive,haiz ok whatever go sightseeing better than getting more wu gao zhuang!

Pls dun pick an argument or we will call you one. Please understand from the beginning of the thread that we have been talking about known problems with Pentax and even with Nikons.

PEACE!!

I don't really get your English, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. It's really difficult to decipher what you're intending to convey - are you saying that people blow problems out of proportion?

In any case, it's a fact that every camera has got QC problems. Even the mighty Leica had to give a "free filter" with its M8 to resolve a over-weak IR filter problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leica_M8

The Leica M8 suffered from some controversy on its release due to image quality problems reported by some users, especially an extremely high sensitivity to infrared light, which made black colors appear purple. Leica has since released a statement saying that it will send two free special UV/IR screw-on photographic filters to all future M8 purchasers, and upon request for all current M8 users. Users experiencing other image quality problems can apply to return their M8 for repair.

Purple is the new black?

Last edited:
In any case, it's a fact that every camera has got QC problems. Even the mighty Leica had to give a "free filter" with its M8 to resolve a over-weak IR filter problem.

Purple is the new black?

if mighty Leica said that white is the new black, there will still be pple willing to lap it up :bsmilie: ;)

By commenting and targeting another CSer like above is uncalled for.

Haha, no worries. Is my command of English really that bad? I thought I was trying to say a problem with the k-r's AF is also found in the more expensive D700...:bsmilie:

if mighty Leica said that white is the new black, there will still be pple willing to lap it up :bsmilie: ;)

:bsmilie:

Considering the price they paid, I won't be surprised. Even the accessories are mad. Well, to be fair, the camera is made well. :) Quality, as always, tends to come at an exponential price (even more so when you have branding). Sadly, the users today of that brand are usually a far cry from the famous names that once toted it.. All about sharpness and bokeh when HCB cared nothing about that. I mean, does THIS look like a sharp photo to you?

http://www.essentialmomentsphotos.com/Blogstuff/bicycle.jpg

Haha, no worries. Is my command of English really that bad? I thought I was trying to say a problem with the k-r's AF is also found in the more expensive D700...:bsmilie:

Well the way he said it, not very nice as I knew you were pointing to the Kr with similar issues with the Nikon D7000. Some ppl just dun get it. Oh Well. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie:

Considering the price they paid, I won't be surprised. Even the accessories are mad. Well, to be fair, the camera is made well. :) Quality, as always, tends to come at an exponential price (even more so when you have branding). Sadly, the users today of that brand are usually a far cry from the famous names that once toted it.. All about sharpness and bokeh when HCB cared nothing about that. I mean, does THIS look like a sharp photo to you?

http://www.essentialmomentsphotos.com/Blogstuff/bicycle.jpg

oh come now... ;) how many leica toting philistines even knows who is henri cartier bresson? :bsmilie:

they know the price of the camera, but unfortunately, nothing of the value of a well taken picture.

The Pentax system has its strengths and weaknesses, its pretty distinctive from Canon/Nikon/Sony. If you want a compact and lightweight system, with excellent ergonomics and image quality, then Pentax will suit you well. The K-5 also brings wonderful build quality and WR to the table.

The K-5 is really an incredible camera, unfortunately it is plagued by a number of issues. The inaccurate low light AF is the one really killing me at the moment. However I am confident that Pentax will do the right thing and provide a satisfactory solution for the major K-5 issues, like what they did for the sensor stains.

Sooner, would be better than later, of course.

oh come now... ;) how many leica toting philistines even knows who is henri cartier bresson? :bsmilie:

they know the price of the camera, but unfortunately, nothing of the value of a well taken picture.

We are a camera club. Keep pictures out of this! :bsmilie:

wtd184.gif