Pentax DA*60-250 f4.0 mini review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the hot sun, the air is sort of misty over Changi beach. No chance to photograph the 2 helicopters as they only fly in front of the CEC.

Pentax K-20D, 250mm, f5.6, ISO200. Heavy cropping except for T-50 and F-111 which flew near to the beach

Nice and clean :thumbsup: I wish I could go ...

Thanks! I think in the end, it is better to pay the $ to go in. That way you can get better shots of the planes. I really missed those good old days when the planes flew along the Changi beach for everyone to enjoy. Nowadays it is all about $ :sticktong

Thanks! I think in the end, it is better to pay the $ to go in. That way you can get better shots of the planes. I really missed those good old days when the planes flew along the Changi beach for everyone to enjoy. Nowadays it is all about $ :sticktong

Perhaps that has changed more for the reason of safety. :think:

Perhaps that has changed more for the reason of safety. :think:

Probably the view changed more because of the change in venue? This past few years have been in a different location from before right?

sbc, those are some awesome shots! The F111 is impressive. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Too bad it was high tide, if not I would have gone to my 'secret' place to get closer to the action. 2 years ago, I had to walk in thigh level sea water just to get better shots. :bsmilie:

You have trade pass? Envy you!

yeah..not crowded at all on trade days but no time to go more than once. sigh...
Weekend will be very crowded though. :)
But have trade pass also no use. In the end the one who got the great shots is you! :)

Last edited:
Np! Hope you get some good photos!

Thanks sbc for the tips to use a longer lens. Some of the pics don't have to crop like this one as captured this in whole frame.

IMGP5417.jpg

here's some of the other pics.

Nice shot! Where were you standing? Was the B-52 flying very far away?

Nice shot! Where were you standing? Was the B-52 flying very far away?

I was standing at the Changi Ferry Terminal. From my location, it is not really near and it only fly one pass and gone...:(

That looks like an A-10 Thunderbolt II, not a B-52. Has a length of 16.26m, and looks like it is ~17mm on the sensor.
Focal length is 500mm, so can calculate the distance of the object = 0.5 * 16.26 / 0.017 = ~478m

That looks like an A-10 Thunderbolt II, not a B-52. Has a length of 16.26m, and looks like it is ~17mm on the sensor.
Focal length is 500mm, so can calculate the distance of the object = 0.5 * 16.26 / 0.017 = ~478m

sbc was refering to the B-52 Stratofortress in the other photo thread i posted.;)

Oh.. well the B-52 looks cropped, so I can't calculate that distance for you :D

Yea, I was referring to the other thread with the B-52 photo. Too bad I did not see it on Tue. Learned my lesson,,,never go on the 1st day!
B-52 is one of my favorite aircraft.

Yea, I was referring to the other thread with the B-52 photo. Too bad I did not see it on Tue. Learned my lesson,,,never go on the 1st day!
B-52 is one of my favorite aircraft.

Well, at least you get to see the RAAF F111 Aardvark flying with fire...;)

Haha you got me! Yea, on the first day that F-111 'fart' fire like no body biz! :bsmilie: It went around twice with fire and then again a short burst when leaving the 'flight zone' to return to the airbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.