Panasonic Updates Firmware of DMC-LX3 V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey can I check with you guys regarding this part?

The photographer’s name can be embedded to the EXIF information of the picture and it can be confirmed via the updated PHOTOfunSTUDIO ver.2.1.

It says via the updated PHOTOfunSTUDIO ver 2.1. Is our current version of PHOTOfunSTUDIO that comes with the LX3 ver 2.1? And if it is not, how do we update to ver 2.1?

I've noticed that the MACRO has been reduced to around 3mm. The lens can now almost touch the subject. WOW:bigeyes:

Woo~ at last they improved the white balance.. cool update!

shoots.. issit jus me or the download of the firmware has been suspended ?? Can any kind soul share with me if you have a copy ?? can pm me ? thanks..

sounds like a good improvement for the firmware, can't wait to update my LX3..

shoots.. issit jus me or the download of the firmware has been suspended ?? Can any kind soul share with me if you have a copy ?? can pm me ? thanks..

ya, suspended :cry:

Suggest you wait for the resumption of download; there may be a last minute bug.

I just wish they could do a little more in work on the zoom(major weakness of this camera) to 4X or 5X.
Yah, hope so too, but that would not be just a software upgrade!

did it last nite.

Luv it! white balance now is much improved.:lovegrin:

Suggest you wait for the resumption of download; there may be a last minute bug.
Talking about last minute bug, anyone knows where to access the new WB bracketing? Can't seem to find it anywhere leh.

For those who missed the download before it was suspended & cant wait for the official re-release to try it out, here's a mirror for you to download from :-
http://www.mediafire.com/?zbkmz1oli4y

Please follow instructions on Panasonic website and an impt point to note is that a fully charged battery is a must, I tried with a 2/3 full battery and the update option didnt appear when I switched on my camera. It only appeared when I switched to a fully charged battery.

Disclaimer : Although I have updated my firmware successfully with this file but still, my advice is to use at your own risk. Dont blame anyone but yourself if your camera gets screwed.

Talking about last minute bug, anyone knows where to access the new WB bracketing? Can't seem to find it anywhere leh.

Select [WHITE BALANCE] on the [REC] menu and then press >
The white balance fine adjustment screen is displayed in the screen..

Perhaps such thread on update of firmware should be sticky? I have yet to notice any bug from Version 2.

Better to wait for ver 2.1, in line with PHOTOfunstudio :))

I think I'll wait for Panasonic to resume the download.

..... I have yet to notice any bug from Version 2.

Panasonic do not suspend both Windows and Mac firmware for nothing; there must be a good reason for doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.