Panasonic GM1 or GF7?

vizard87

Nov 30, 2008
Hi guys, i understand both are of the same size which i am looking to use as a secondary camera but i am not too sure which is a better purchase for 2nd hand.

I owned both before, main differences:
GF7 has the front facing flip screen, GM1 screen is fixed.
GM1 is still the smallest m4/3 camera around by a wee bit though.

Image quality are similar. Both don't have stabilisation with is a bummer for primes, at least for me.

why not consider GM5 instead of GM1?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

haha i wish to consider gm5 but i have budget constraints, actually i am thinking to get smaller size camera so that if i go for events i will not be lugging my 12-40 around, not too sure if you guys will suggest buying a 14-42mm ez instead?

sometimes carousell have gm5 at prices alike gm1. i will stick to the 12-32 kit lens rather than the 14-42 as it seems to perform better. only point is there is no focus ring. most of the time i prefer using it with the 17mm or 25mm prime.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

+1 to P12-32, small and sharp, best for GM/GF series.

The GM5 with the 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6, 42.5mm f/1.7 is a good combination. The 15mm f/1.7 is great with it, but it cost me more than my new GM5 kit, even with the instant rebate.

If you deal with sunny circumstances, you'll want that viewfinder.

The GM5 with the 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6, 42.5mm f/1.7 is a good combination. The 15mm f/1.7 is great with it, but it cost me more than my new GM5 kit, even with the instant rebate.

If you deal with sunny circumstances, you'll want that viewfinder.

Gx850? seems to be the "replacement" of the GM/GF line..

GM5 plus Pana 20mm f1.7 produces great photos. ISO works well up to 1600. But just forget about using flash as the shutter speed can sync up to 1/60 (or 1/50 can't rem off hand) which is not really useful. If zoom suggest using the pana pz 14~42 which has better range.