Open Eyes before Jaywalking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zaren said:
3 secs to cross the road?! they must have been jay-running. pushups i don't mind doing, but USD80 is a bit steep. *note to self* do not jaywalk in NY.
Imagine the police sergeant: "Hey! Whole lot knock it down! Carry on ten"

yanyewkay said:
Imagine the police sergeant: "Hey! Whole lot knock it down! Carry on ten"

but quite dangerous hor. scarli they get run over by a bus while doing pushups.

2100 said:
That area must be careful. I was sitting in Long John Silver makaning and saw 2 policewman and 2 policeman catching. They hid behind the pillars and when the traffic was "clear" and people jawalked, they just pop out. They will park their vehicles just around the Old Capitol small lanes, i saw a police van, 1 fast response car and 1 volvo S40T5 unmarked type and 1 TP bike.
I think it's exactly the same spot. My friend did mention about long john silvers.

Pro-New said:
Just wandering. The law says one must use the crossing within 50m. So outside City Hall MRT towards Capitol, I saw ppl crossing after the 50m marking, they still get booked. Why?

Actually if you all noticed, at all pedstrain crossing (zebra or traffic lights) look around and you should see a sign with the infamous red circle with a red diagonal line on a man stepping onto the road. Behind this sign will say, PEDESTRAINS PLEASE USE CROSSING and under this sign is usually an arrow on a yellow backing pointing to the zebra crossing or traffic lights. If you're on the side where you can read "PEDESTRAINS PLEASE USE CROSSING" you "shouldn't" be booked. Well it depends on how well you know your law. These poles are "markers" for police to guage whether the person is considered to have jay walked. Not sure it's 15 or 50 metres away from the crossing.

it is more like 50 metres.

no thanks.. sending the summons to my house isn't what i'll call 'service' :D

adamadam said:
wallhacks!

LOL...nice one.

Maybe the relevant authorities would analyse precisely(need of more intergrity), the need of certain traffic installations(zebra crossings, traffic lights...etc) in correct locations would be more beneficial. (Eg. Zebra crossing along a filter road near NIE bukit timah...when human traffic is heavy...the cars line would be stretching from that zebra crossing till the next bend...which is pretty long in my opinion, and the waiting is like at least 20mins to clear the whole stretch. lol) :blah:

Status
Not open for further replies.