OM Adapter for E300

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am offering a OM-Fourthird Adapter + 50mm OM lens 1:1,8 Fungal dust free.
Selling at $250. Interested message me. Thanks people

Hi guys, where to register to get the OM adaptor on Olympus website? Cannot find link leh...

stnicholas81 said:
i also want. let me know as well.

The second round of "free" OM adapter ended on the 5th Aug 2005. No ideal if Oly SG will hold the third round any time soon.

So far, i still have not receive any reply from Oly SG about my apply for the OM adapter for the second round exercise. Any one who had applied receive any update from Oly SG yet??

:cheers:

Completely silent. :?

ch5800 said:
Completely silent. :?

Yeah, nothing from them yet. :(

Maybe they are waiting for the shipment of the OM adapters to come in first before they reply to us. :dunno:

Hi people, I am offering a OM-4/3 adapter for free, if purchase My 50mm OM lens 1:1,8
This lens is very clean and no dust no fungal inside. Everything will be $250 inclusive of the adapter in the box.

Hi,

I called to check on the status of those who put up a request for the adaptor. Olympus SG is still processing your request and you should receive an email with details of collection by this weekend.

If any of you receive this email. Do post a forum msg to let the rest know.

Thanks !

Cheers,

chancy said:
Hi,

I called to check on the status of those who put up a request for the adaptor. Olympus SG is still processing your request and you should receive an email with details of collection by this weekend.

Thanks !

Cheers,

Hi Chancy,

Thanks for the update. ;) Oly SG :sticktong

chancy said:
Hi,

Thanks !

Cheers,

Hi,

Just like to update those who had apply for the OM Adapter for Oly SG. Received an email from Oly SG for collection of the OM Adapter at;

Redemption period: 22nd August to 9th September 2005 (Office closed on Sat and Sun).
Redemption location: 491B River Valley Road #13-04 Valley Point Office Tower (S248373).
Office hours (Mon to Fri): 9.30am to 5.30pm.
Redemption contact person: Mrs. Catherine Tan or Mrs. Surini at Tel: 6833 5320

I just thought that putting everyone's email in the TO field in the email is kinda silly in these kind of emails. Now everyone knows everyone's email addy.

yeah gg to collect it tmr. BTW, my OM lens is still somewhere in the pacific, alantic ocean. Haha just bought one off ebay, how to tell them? tell them when i get it i email them the serial.

BTW can someone recommend me a good portrait OM lens for use on my e300? pref ard $100-150. i see OM lens nt v popular in 2nd hand shop in sg. thank you.

yeah... just collected my OM adaptor just now.

better still, I missed out on the registration. called this guy recommended by a staff in Olympus and get to get it all the same. :)

Tried out my OM 50mm MC lens on my E-300... preliminary results quite promising, think it will make a great portraiture lens.

41516209.jpg

stnicholas81 said:
Hi tao, can advise me on the lens u are using? i newbie la. blur like cck.

Is this the same one that KahKheng is selling in the B & S forum?

Hi, I am using an Olympus OM 50mm f1.8 MC lens with my E-300. Yes, same lens as what KH was sellig.

My setup looks exactly as described in this article. Read it for more information on how things work.

Basically, by setting to aperture mode, one can take reasonably well exposed images with a good OM lens that is stopped down by one notch. In a way, I think the E-1/E-300 can meter through a manual lens. I could be wrong though but so far images turn out fine, just that WB needs to be customised for best results.

The bokeh you get is beautiful, very narrow depth of field but that is the whole point of using these very well constructed pieces of glass. As a result, the images taken can look very 3-dimensional, very characteristics of these classic lenses.

By the way, anyone who didn't register but wanna collect your OM adaptor, you can PM me for the relevant contacts, Olympus Singapore has more than enough to give out. Less than 20 people were on the current list to collect the OM adaptor which is a waste. Just make sure you have an Olympus OM lens as the serial no. is needed together with the warranty card during verification. Pretty lame, but well, I am not complaining since it is free and given out of goodwill. :)

just collected my OM adapter today

cheers

stnicholas81 said:
hi tao, i would love to see samples of what you have taken. see if it might tempt me to ge this lens.

Took a few test shots with the OM 50mm f1.8 and E-300 combo just now, this is one of them:

OM50mmTest.jpg

Custom WB
Aperture: f5.6
ISO: 400
Shutter: 1/20 handheld

The very thin DOF, even at f5.6 is just great for me... can try out more creative shots. :D

Also, I can confirm that the E-300 indeed can meter through the lens. :thumbsup:

stnicholas81 said:
ok now where to get myself one> kahkheng not selling anymore.

so you also gian huh? heehehee :bsmilie:

really quite fun to shoot with a manual lens... quite challenging but when you get it right, the images turn out very 'analogue', if you know what I mean. really back to the days when I shoot with my Nikon FE2 with its 28mm and 50mm primes. :D

well, you can continue to search in the B&S here, saw another guy selling a 135mm OM lens just yesterday. also can check out the 2nd hand shops at peninsular and adelphi.

Status
Not open for further replies.