Olympus M ED 14-150mm or 40-150mm

amigoeva

Sep 1, 2008
I bought my E-PM1 last month, so I'm considered a noob and need some help :embrass: I only bought the single lens kit during the IT show, and the double lens kit wasn't on promo

Have been thinking of getting a telephoto lens for the camera. The obvious choice would be the 14-150mm lens since it has a large range, but 40-150mm is more economical. Would like to seek more opinions from experts in here :D

Currently I have the 14-42mm lens that came with the camera, and recently bought another Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 lens
Thanks!

Last edited:
I bought my E-PM1 last month, so I'm considered a noob and need some help :embrass: I only bought the single lens kit during the IT show, and the double lens kit wasn't on promo

Have been thinking of getting a telephoto lens for the camera. The obvious choice would be the 14-150mm lens since it has a large range, but 40-150mm is more economical. Would like to seek more opinions from experts in here :D

Currently I have the 14-42mm lens that came with the camera, and recently bought another Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 lens
Thanks!

Not an expert but I think the 40-150 is pretty good since you already have 14-42mm. The 14-150 is quite large to be used for day to day, it's good for traveling though for convenience. 40-150 is more than 2x cheaper as well. If you want even longer, the Panasonic 45-200mm is another option.

Yah, u're right, 14-150 is quite large. I was thinking of getting an Olympus lens since anti-shake won't work on Panasonic lens, correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!