Olympus Camera User Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mpenza
the "smallest" filters are actually more expensive. 37mm and 43mm filters are generally more expensive than 49mm or 52mm ones. But 49 and 52mm ones are cheaper than the larger-sized.
That is right, the CP $10 quoted on 52mm filter.

BTW, is there a stepdown ring from 37-30mm, then I can use my DVC WC for my DC, hehe. Time is bad so must find lobang to save money. Probably will end up with Vignetting.:angry:

Cheers--

Hi guys! Any idea what external flash can the C700uz use? The one Olympus recommand is 700+ dollars and it is @#$@#$@# expensive. Any third party flash I can buy?

I posted a link in another thread. what you need is the cable from Olympus, then you could use any camera that supports a PC cord, or standard hotshoe. But you'll lose TTL capability though.

Originally posted by mpenza
I posted a link in another thread. what you need is the cable from Olympus, then you could use any camera that supports a PC cord, or standard hotshoe. But you'll lose TTL capability though.

Which thread? I cannot find it.. thanks in advance

I went to John yesterday, thought of getting what you guys got. However, a guy from John told me that getting the tube + UV filter is when you are prepared to keep them on the DC all the time, then this offer some protection. Hence he didnt show me the UV filter. Instead he showed me the Vitacon TC and WC.

Samuel quoted the TC $105 and the WC $130+ (cant remember)

The TC has vignetting unless you tele to the max on the DC, it is a 2.5x tele.

The WC has dual purpose..macro and wide. When in wide mode, can notice there is a little vignetting, just a little bit...not very obvious

I tried all these with the oly compatible 41-37

SO you guys keep the tude and uv filter on always? Then you will need a new camera bag to store the cam..right?
What bag did you guys bought?

Originally posted by Kevin

Don't know is Oly original or compatible leh. The guy just said 41 to 43 plus step-up ring, so I asked him CLA-1 ah and he kind of say ia loh ia loh. He is too busy selling Adam the new toy and he made it at the end. So may be in view of Adam potential purchase, he simply quote best price just to get rid of Blitz and me so he can focus on persuading Adam. He didn't even know he doesn't have stock (may be he know so quote lower, hehe). HE did sound sincere to ask us to go back next week when the stock arrive.

We paid $55 for the lens cap, UV filter and lens tube. Probaly around $35 or $40 for the tube.

Wah! WC still got vignetting, I hope that is not Vitacon. John show us a Vitacon WC that come with a close-up or macro function as well around $110.

Cheers--

:)

Originally posted by volk
I went to John yesterday, thought of getting what you guys got. However, a guy from John told me that getting the tube + UV filter is when you are prepared to keep them on the DC all the time, then this offer some protection. Hence he didnt show me the UV filter. Instead he showed me the Vitacon TC and WC.

Samuel quoted the TC $105 and the WC $130+ (cant remember)

The TC has vignetting unless you tele to the max on the DC, it is a 2.5x tele.

The WC has dual purpose..macro and wide. When in wide mode, can notice there is a little vignetting, just a little bit...not very obvious

I tried all these with the oly compatible 41-37

SO you guys keep the tude and uv filter on always? Then you will need a new camera bag to store the cam..right?
What bag did you guys bought?
Yes, keeping it on always, full protection. Better safe than sorry. That is for me and I have an old Minolta bag that fit just nicely. Notsure about Blitz, think he wants full protection eventually but he is looking for a new bag right now.

If you don't need the protection then can cosider geeting the CLA-1 and C210/C180 since you attached it only when you zoom.

BTW, just fax you the form but my fax machine not working properly.

cheers--:)

I bought a lowepro mini trekker. Price tag at Cathey is 240+ but you can get half-price if you bargain and when they know you are local.

Good quality bag! Lots of space for equitment and resonable water proof. =D

Yes, keeping it on always, full protection. Better safe than sorry. That is for me and I have an old Minolta bag that fit just nicely. Notsure about Blitz, think he wants full protection eventually but he is looking for a new bag right now.

If you don't need the protection then can cosider geeting the CLA-1 and C210/C180 since you attached it only when you zoom.

BTW, just fax you the form but my fax machine not working properly.

cheers--:)

Thanks Kevin.

I also have checkout the CLA-1 at CP. But looks like the lens will crash onto any filter attached on the CLA-1 w/o any additional ring.

However, CP do not have any UV filter at 43 mm

Until now I still have not seen the C210 or the C180
Is this the same as the TCON145?

Originally posted by Klause
I bought a lowepro mini trekker. Price tag at Cathey is 240+ but you can get half-price if you bargain and when they know you are local.

Good quality bag! Lots of space for equitment and resonable water proof. =D

Wah, so expensive.
It there any place for a good bag less than $50?

Thanks Kevin.

I also have checkout the CLA-1 at CP. But looks like the lens will crash onto any filter attached on the CLA-1 w/o any additional ring.

However, CP do not have any UV filter at 43 mm

Until now I still have not seen the C210 or the C180
Is this the same as the TCON145?
No, no. You must use CLA-1 with additonal ring. For example, if you are going for the C210 then you get step-up ring 43-52mm and the UV filter at 52mm as well. Preferably your UV filter also have 52mm thread. So, when you see a pretty girl far ahead of you, can quickly attached the C210 to your UV filter and zoom and snap then ask permission, hehe. If I were you I will keep my 52mm UV filter on all the time to protect my lens. Unless you have Flash shaowing problem then have to get another 43-43 step-up ring loh!

BTW, how much CP quote you on the CLA-1? This is the original Oly one?

Regards

No, no. You must use CLA-1 with additonal ring. For example, if you are going for the C210 then you get step-up ring 43-52mm and the UV filter at 52mm as well. Preferably your UV filter also have 52mm thread. So, when you see a pretty girl far ahead of you, can quickly attached the C210 to your UV filter and zoom and snap then ask permission, hehe. If I were you I will keep my 52mm UV filter on all the time to protect my lens. Unless you have Flash shaowing problem then have to get another 43-43 step-up ring loh!

BTW, how much CP quote you on the CLA-1? This is the original Oly one?

Regards

Yes it is the oly original..but they quoted quite ex...$38
I guess these are new stock as the have around 20 of them in the shelf

Umm.. is this thread getting the higest number of replies? hehe.. keep up the posting guys. Remember, this is the thread to post anything about olympus product. Do not limit it to just only Tele. =p.

Did you all install all the softwares that come with the DC?

Originally posted by fusetrips
Did you all install all the softwares that come with the DC?

Hmmm...a UZI for ur avatar...u got the Oly C-2100uz already is it??? ;)

Originally posted by Jayan
Hmmm...a UZI for ur avatar...u got the Oly C-2100uz already is it??? ;)

Alamak Jayan... this Oly virus thing can really spread lar.. see you all talk this talk that talk until I also kena liao.. sigh.
Hey, you damn smart eh...? How you know the UZI avatar got to do with 2100 eh? LOL.

By the way, do you install all the CDs that come with it?

Maybe one of these days we should have Clubsnap Oly Outing. ;p

Wah, so expensive.
It there any place for a good bag less than $50?
Yes, many. Will show you at the next SEED. ;)

The one that Klause use is professional series one. Lowepro has cheapper version for Ameteur like us.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.