Older model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Kevin

Thirdly, the fast lens. C2040 use a F1.8 lens which is very fast according to the "lao jiao". For e.g. 3s of niteshot on C2040 equal to 9s of niteshot on the Casio 2900 (Did I get it right this time KC?) since C2040 allow more light to pass through at faster speed.

:)

Thnaks.. I know they always refer fast len as one with large apexture like F1.8 or F2.0...

So that what it means.

Originally posted by binbeto

Thnaks.. I know they always refer fast len as one with large apexture like F1.8 or F2.0...

So that what it means.
Larger aperture mean the shutter open up with bigger hole to enable more light to enter at the same time. I afraid this is the best explanation I can do with my limited knowledge.;p

If you need more detail/technical explanation, THE GURUS PLS HELP! I am a newbie you see.:p

Larger aperture mean the shutter open up with bigger hole to enable more light to enter at the same time. I afraid this is the best explanation I can do with my limited knowledge.;p

If you need more detail/technical explanation, THE GURUS PLS HELP! I am a newbie you see.:p

I think that's enuff for me to understand. :)

Not entrirely correct! 7 upon 10...

It's that the smaller the F-stop number, the bigger the aperture will be, thus letting more light in.

Shutter is not equal to aperture.

Let's picture this....the aperture is equivalent to the pupil of a human eye which enlarge or reduce in size depending on the lighting conditions....in low light the pupil will have to open till its widest to let in more light, the reverse if light is strong.

Originally posted by mpenza
shutter ~ eyelid
aperture ~ pupil

Except that the eyelid is always shut and open only for brief moments to let light in. ;)

Originally posted by Jayan

Except that the eyelid is always shut and open only for brief moments to let light in. ;)
:eek: Do I press the Nose for the eyelid to open???

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:eek: Do I press the Nose for the eyelid to open???

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yeah! It's called the Shutter Release in DC-speak...:D

Originally posted by mpenza
shutter ~ eyelid
aperture ~ pupil

Great, I just finished writing the most concise guide to photography ever with that explanation. ;)

Hmm this has whetted my appetite for the olympus range of cameras. For the olympus 2000 series which should I aim for? The oly 2000, 2020 or the 2040? Or the Oly 3020?

Remember I'm looking for a value deal so right now I'm thinking 2020.

Originally posted by Sphoenix

Great, I just finished writing the most concise guide to photography ever with that explanation. ;)

Hmm this has whetted my appetite for the olympus range of cameras. For the olympus 2000 series which should I aim for? The oly 2000, 2020 or the 2040? Or the Oly 3020?

Not sure if you can find that..

Ask abt the price of 3020 at AP yesterday, quote me $850.

Oly 2040 seem a good buy. at $750 or so.

Originally posted by Sphoenix

For the C-3020z (or C-3100z in some mkt) should be no problem finding it at all.

As for the C-3040z and C-2040z, these can still be found in the mkt with a bit of effort...the rest are already discontinued long long ago. :)

Also please take note that you can only get C2040 at $750 from John3:16 with free gift somemore. Doubt if you can get this price elsewhere. They are either no stock or around $1000.;)

if anyone here interested . :p my e-10 is for sale

rgs
rueyloon

Status
Not open for further replies.