ok.....own up!!!

have you shot for free b4?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always shoot for free :embrass:

there are people who pay to shoot also :bsmilie:

I've shot weddings for friends for free but they usually give me a big "ang pow" later though it is nowhere near what I charge. I've also done shoots for charity before but if there's commericial value attached to it, die, die must charge.

ortega said:
lol good one, I did not think of that.

Did the PhotoAid event at the merlion and together we shot thousands of pictures
for "FREE"

Free as we did not earn a single cent, in fact we still need to cover running costs from our own pockets. Had lots of fun and met lots of nice people.

was there as well and did everything ortega said except shoot. Dose this count?
Damm!! if it does not count. Now I'll have to find another chirty event to shoot for this year. :bsmilie:

yqt said:
I've shot weddings for friends for free but they usually give me a big "ang pow" later though it is nowhere near what I charge. I've also done shoots for charity before but if there's commericial value attached to it, die, die must charge.

was there as well and did everything ortega said except shoot. Dose this count?
Damm!! if it does not count. Now I'll have to find another chirty event to shoot for this year. :bsmilie:

err... the 'big ang pow' was no where near what you charge ... but well over? ;p

jialak ... i didn't do actual shooting at PhotoAid also leh, but i did mugshots of the volunteers, can count or not? :bsmilie:

eikin said:
jialak ... i didn't do actual shooting at PhotoAid also leh, but i did mugshots of the volunteers, can count or not? :bsmilie:

Did you charge the volunteers? If not than it is considered free shoot lah..... if you charge, than I'm sure you'll get free humtum :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

yqt said:
Did you charge the volunteers? If not than it is considered free shoot lah..... if you charge, than I'm sure you'll get free humtum :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hi there,
I'm a volunteers doing service for my C.C but I do charge them for all the expenses.

:D

I shoot my unit family days and cohesion events that happen out of cam.Take the opportunity to practise my craft.And no, I was not their appointed photographer.

Free for friends and charity work. I do charge for all else, especially my aviation related work if the images are to be used commercially.

First 2! But only if i know the charity event well, or have friends in it etc

But its too time consuming for free so i rarely do it anymore unless i see that it will build my portfolio up more

Yes, for a colleague ROM.

But I'm no pro, no 'proper' equipment (only a prosumer), no formal training received,...

Take it as a practice / test-water / experimental exercise. Not even good enough to consider as building porfolio.

basket....such an old thread also want to revive??!!!! :bsmilie:

Return of the Auntie!
Yellow!%20giggle.gif

Shoot for free ?

Shoot for free what ?

I will shoot for a free 4 course meal at a lavish resturant !

I was also thinking of putting a charge on photo's posted here :bsmilie:

Who wants to pay me? I make pictures people don't want!

Nobody wants to pay me..............................:cry: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.