[Official] X-Pro 2 Thread : The Pro Returns

Personally I think Fuji need to review its pricing abit. The xpro2 is a crop sensor camera but its price matches that of the Sony a7 series which many leica fanatics flock to to uses their m mount lens. Even X70 pricing is abit out of wack given that x100t price (considering the tcl freebie) is very close to the x70 price. X70 is a camera that would potentially perform very well if the price is adjusted down. Until then ricoh gr feels like a better deal.

bro, diff ppl got diff price tolerance level....
Fuji markets xpro range as their highest end model, therefore its not expected to be cheap at least at launch.....
I believe many of us like yourself will like to own one but perhaps is turned off by the asking price... i am one of them too hee...
but at least if you get one, you are rest assured the price is going to stay for a long while (unlike Some brands which releases a few models every year)....
and with Fuji from their track records, your bodies are going to get updated every now and then with improved performances and added functionalities...
just treat it as a small premium that you pay for choosing a customer centric company ba...
don't get me wrong, I am with you on it's pricing strategy... the 100-400 @ 3k? that's like 2 times Nikon's 200-500.... i too were shaking my head when i saw the price...

Price is of course always a consideration but step back and look at what one is getting.

Concept of value also differs in everyone too. Some will gladly pay $3.2k for a point and shoot while some will baulk at the thought of that.

Focus the discussion more on the camera itself. After all if price is the only consideration , I'm pretty sure XM1 is very cheap now.

Fuji markets xpro range as their highest end model, therefore its not expected to be cheap at least at launch..... pay for choosing a customer centric company ba...
don't get me wrong, I am with you on it's pricing strategy... the 100-400 @ 3k? that's like 2 times Nikon's 200-500.... i too were shaking my head when i saw the price...

Time for you to hoot one ?

I have been using my X-Pro1 for close to 5 years. Resisted the upgrade to XT-1 and I am very excited with the X-Pro2 announcement. Then I dropped off a chair when I saw the pre-order price.

Hahaha ... same here ... maybe Fuji price themself out from the market ? :dunno::bsmilie:

Last edited:
Fuji markets xpro range as their highest end model, therefore its not expected to be cheap at least at launch.....

Bro, does that mean, that the X-T2 will be cheaper than this X-Pro2 ? :)

Then I wait for Jun .... :bsmilie:

Focus the discussion more on the camera itself. After all if price is the only consideration , I'm pretty sure XM1 is very cheap now.

We r discussing on the price of camera.. Still ok ah.. Not out of topic.. Hahaha

We are not questioning the quality of the Fuji glass and bodies..

I am sure many are "surprised" by the price.. Which is why the focus of discussion is on this aspect.. AF speed, IQ and etc are things which we believe Fuji will deliver as we are either current or ex Fuji owners..

This is why we are talking about price.. Whether the price will deter us from upgrading body or adopting a new system..

Saying XM1 is cheap is of no point here as we are not looking to 'downgrade' from whatever body we have..

Recommending XT1, XT10 or XE2 maybe makes more sense.. And of course like what you said.. It is much cheaper..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We r discussing on the price of camera.. Still ok ah.. Not out of topic.. Hahaha We are not questioning the quality of the Fuji glass and bodies.. I am sure many are "surprised" by the price.. Which is why the focus of discussion is on this aspect.. AF speed, IQ and etc are things which we believe Fuji will deliver as we are either current or ex Fuji owners.. This is why we are talking about price.. Whether the price will deter us from upgrading body or adopting a new system.. Saying XM1 is cheap is of no point here as we are not looking to 'downgrade' from whatever body we have.. Recommending XT1, XT10 or XE2 maybe makes more sense.. And of course like what you said.. It is much cheaper.. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree bro :) what I see is that this is a good opportunity to hoot a XT1 at a good value price too.

Going by how camera prices are going to move in 2016 (which is supposedly a weak economic year), I'm honestly kinda worried about most brands pricing themselves out of reason too.

I was really looking forward to enter Fuji's CSC too with the the X-Pro2 being my first body! (I currently have a X100T and loving it to bits!)

Nothing against Fujifilm's pricing strategy of this body being that its a top-tier model, but I was really hoping to see more PWP prices for lens other than the 35mm f2.
It would be much easier for me to get into the system had they included the PWP prices for other lenses. Was looking to get the 16-55mm f2.8, 35mm f2 and the 90mm f2

Guess I'll wait! :)

PS: The ISO 12800 jpeg shot is really insane! Didn't expect this kind of quality!
http://f16.click/gear/fujifilm-x-pro2-review.html

Last edited:
I was really looking forward to enter Fuji's CSC too with the the X-Pro2 being my first body! (I currently have a X100T and loving it to bits!)

Nothing against Fujifilm's pricing strategy of this body being that its a top-tier model, but I was really hoping to see more PWP prices for lens other than the 35mm f2.
It would be much easier for me to get into the system had they included the PWP prices for other lenses. Was looking to get the 16-55mm f2.8, 35mm f2 and the 90mm f2

Guess I'll wait! :)

PS: The ISO 12800 jpeg shot is really insane! Didn't expect this kind of quality!
http://f16.click/gear/fujifilm-x-pro2-review.html

I really hope the waxy skin issues will not repeat itself at high iso.... For me I will at least wait for the sensor to be used in the xt series as I prefer "dslr" style bodies... Yah pwp seems better with the xt10 hor...

Apparently some reviewers said that the waxy skin tones is non-existent in jpegs now that the NR can be set to -4. Still unsure if -4 = Off though.

But yup, it seems like the preorder deal is made more towards existing users with lenses looking to upgrade. Haha, barrier a little too high for new entrants to the system like me :/

I was really looking forward to enter Fuji's CSC too with the the X-Pro2 being my first body! (I currently have a X100T and loving it to bits!) Nothing against Fujifilm's pricing strategy of this body being that its a top-tier model, but I was really hoping to see more PWP prices for lens other than the 35mm f2. It would be much easier for me to get into the system had they included the PWP prices for other lenses. Was looking to get the 16-55mm f2.8, 35mm f2 and the 90mm f2 Guess I'll wait! :) PS: The ISO 12800 jpeg shot is really insane! Didn't expect this kind of quality! http://f16.click/gear/fujifilm-x-pro2-review.html

I have the XF16-55/2.8 too , only sad thing is it would be terror using this on the XPro2 (bad balance)

XTrans 2 is great alone , XTrans 3 is way better so there's options for everyone.

And haha. Ya that iso12800 shot is mad

Apparently some reviewers said that the waxy skin tones is non-existent in jpegs now that the NR can be set to -4. Still unsure if -4 = Off though. But yup, it seems like the preorder deal is made more towards existing users with lenses looking to upgrade. Haha, barrier a little too high for new entrants to the system like me :/

-4 shouldn't be off , but ya ; the waxy skin issue is non existent now. I do -2 NR currently on my X-T1

I have the XF16-55/2.8 too , only sad thing is it would be terror using this on the XPro2 (bad balance)

XTrans 2 is great alone , XTrans 3 is way better so there's options for everyone.

And haha. Ya that iso12800 shot is mad

Oh.. I do intend to use the bundled grip with the 16-55mm and 90mm haha! If not yup, the handling would be a pain! If all else fail I'll just go for the 18-55mm F2.8-4!

As for the X-trans 3 yup, newer stuffs are always shinier!

Just hoping for Fuji to break the trend knowing that the preorder deals are usually better than the coming months..

Happened to be at a particular Funan shop and saw a few names on the preorder list which requires $200 deposit.

Price is of course always a consideration but step back and look at what one is getting. Concept of value also differs in everyone too. Some will gladly pay $3.2k for a point and shoot while some will baulk at the thought of that. Focus the discussion more on the camera itself. After all if price is the only consideration , I'm pretty sure XM1 is very cheap now.
yes but also step back and see what the competition is offering. Not meaning to engage in brand-bashing, but the pricing is way out of other competitors' flagship, even if we were to accept the "premium" market positioning of Fuji.

Thinking to get a another camera system with smaller form factor. This price range probably too high as there are other alternative with some TOP up
u mean alternative with some small change... Or rather a LOT of small change :p

So when can get xpro2 after preorder ?
Can get it before CNY ?

Happened to be at a particular Funan shop and saw a few names on the preorder list which requires $200 deposit.

The few good old retailers are taking in the preorders, some require $200 while some just require your word if u have a good relationship with them.

:( first batch of X-Pro2 will be small in quantity while the second batch will only be available at least a month later after 1st batch stocks arrives.