22812046634_930c9f3f83_b.jpg

Preview at : http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1584575

The X-E2s is a minor surprise, possibly to ward off competition

Dear all, X-Pro2 preorder.

24282691982_8d6f108fcb_b.jpg

X-Pro2 launch event.

[
24282690622_3a88a55009_b.jpg

Body only $2799 , not even with a kit 35mm F2..............wow !!!

no tilt screen ?????????? ..........

Last edited:
Body only $2799 , not even with a kit 35mm F2..............wow !!! no tilt screen ?????????? ..........

I am sure this is a good camera. But at this price there are many others options. Like Sony A7ii amongst others.

I am sure this is a good camera. But at this price there are many others options. Like Sony A7ii amongst others.

Sure there are other alternatives. But if you are already invested in the fuji system. Then it would be a lower cost then changing entire systems IMO.

In any case I think fuji entire ecosystem has a better lens selection than others. Price and options wise. But it's just my thoughts.

I am sure this is a good camera. But at this price there are many others options. ...
Yup, I go along with vengels. I think the pricing is a tad too high. At $2,799 should at least get a free lens.

I bought my Nikon D750 with a 24-120 F4 kits lens for about the same price ...

But, this is just my personal opinion ...

Btw, who is ordering ?

Cheers

Last edited:
I am not ordering at that price. My upper limit for a camera like that is 2k. 2.8 k with those freebie is just not attractive. If you throw in a free 35mm f2. I will take the bite.

Flag ship camera high end price. The design is nice :) wish it has tilt screen.

Last edited:
I was looking forward to the pre-order but did not expect this type of gifts at $2.8k as the MRRP in US is below S$2.5k. I don't want the grip and I already have the 35 F1.4 so the PWP is useless for me. I'll skip.

I expect pre-order to be really good deal as it need to compensate for the fact that we never get to see actual sample, no reviews and also accept the flaws that sometime accompany early production samples.

Last edited:
At $2799 I am holding back.. Like DSolZ said if it is with the 35mm f2 I will get it..

Initially I expected $2799 with the 35mm f2 and hoping to get 27mm f2.8 or the 50mm-230mm as a free lens..

IMO.. XT1 will be better value for $.. IQ should not differ too much..

I shall wait for more news and reviews b4 deciding..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure there are other alternatives. But if you are already invested in the fuji system. Then it would be a lower cost then changing entire systems.

Very true.. But I guess it will be hard for ppl to switch systems at this price..

Even current Fuji owners.. Will it tempt them to get this new body? I am not sure..

I was waiting for this XPro2 as I really like the hybrid viewfinder.. But the price is making me consider carefully b4 committing..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking to get a another camera system with smaller form factor. This price range probably too high as there are other alternative with some TOP up

I was looking forward to the pre-order but did not expect this type of gifts at $2.8k as the MRRP in US is below S$2.5k. I don't want the grip and I already have the 35 F1.4 so the PWP is useless for me. I'll skip. I expect pre-order to be really good deal as it need to compensate for the fact that we never get to see actual sample, no reviews and also accept the flaws that sometime accompany early production samples.

You can always sign up for the launch event , try a actual sample ; read up all reviews being written and have a more positive mindset towards that early production samples may have flaws lol.

Info of launch event?

Personally I think Fuji need to review its pricing abit. The xpro2 is a crop sensor camera but its price matches that of the Sony a7 series which many leica fanatics flock to to uses their m mount lens. Even X70 pricing is abit out of wack given that x100t price (considering the tcl freebie) is very close to the x70 price. X70 is a camera that would potentially perform very well if the price is adjusted down. Until then ricoh gr feels like a better deal.

Last edited:
I have been using my X-Pro1 for close to 5 years. Resisted the upgrade to XT-1 and I am very excited with the X-Pro2 announcement. Then I dropped off a chair when I saw the pre-order price.

If Fuji Singapore is reading this: bundle the 35/f2 as part of the bundle, or maybe an option with the kit lens? Or cash rebate for ALL XF lenses as PWP? I already have a few XF lens (14, 18, 35, 50, 56), hoping to get the 16 or 23 together with my X-Pro2 but now I have no reason to purchase any new lens with the new camera.