[Official thread] Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO

In general I don't go beyond ISO3200 when shooting with MFT unless necessary :)
Me too. I had to push to 6400 to prevent camera shake as I was in a very dim room. However it's still an easy fix.

Just came back from my Yuanyang Rice Terraces phototgraphy trip. This lens is just amazing!!! Am very glad to have it with my trip!

Here's a few shots done with this lens and my trustworthy EM5. Havent got time to sort out most the shots... Just posting the OOC jpeg. But I love the color, sharpness and fast AF.......
16120077335_9994c196ef_b.jpg

15933940609_7250211943_b.jpg

16118090491_e8f0d8991d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Just came back from my Yuanyang Rice Terraces phototgraphy trip. This lens is just amazing!!! Am very glad to have it with my trip!

Here's a few shots done with this lens and my trustworthy EM5. Havent got time to sort out most the shots... Just posting the OOC jpeg. But I love the color, sharpness and fast AF.......
16120077335_9994c196ef_b.jpg

15933940609_7250211943_b.jpg

16118090491_e8f0d8991d_b.jpg

nice!

Thanks for sharing the rice fields pic which is very stunning

May I know what focal length, f stop and speed you were using?

I am eagerly waiting for my 40-150 and good to know that you are also using EM5 with it.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the rice fields pic which is very stunning

May I know what focal length, f stop and speed you were using?

I am eagerly waiting for my 40-150 and good to know that you are also using EM5 with it.

Cheers

If I remember correctly, I was using aperture priority mode+spot metering. All shots I meter the rice fields' reflection. The top shot was zoom to 150mm wide open -1EV ISO800(it was shot during twilight). The middle photo was at 40mm and bottom at 150mm both at f/8 ISO200. Oh! and this lens is also very good for portraits shooting too! Yeah the EM5 is quite good with the 40-150mm(except maybe the high ISO noise not so good with the first shot).

very nice first shot silence :) the last shot is a little glaring though

Thanks Silence for your reply.

bought my set from japan. plenty of stocks there. :)

Anyone has any news from Olympus on the dates for the 2nd batch pre order?

very nice first shot silence :) the last shot is a little glaring though
Thank you Master Wong for your comments. Next time I will take note.. Later do some PP to see if I can bring the glare down :)
Thanks Silence for your reply.
No problem.. Is always nice to share and ask to learn new things.

Thank you Master Wong for your comments. Next time I will take note.. Later do some PP to see if I can bring the glare down :)

No problem.. Is always nice to share and ask to learn new things.

No master lah :eek:, just sharing the thoughts. glare might be tough to PP though. Share more shots pls:)

Working on having it in by end of Jan but of course if can be earlier will be earlier

I was hoping it to come early Jan so I can use for my trip to Japan in mid Jan... But I guess hope is lost..

I was hoping it to come early Jan so I can use for my trip to Japan in mid Jan... But I guess hope is lost..

Rent first if your trip is a week max. I would do that.

Rent first if your trip is a week max. I would do that.

Or anyone has the first batch not used yet willing to wait for 2nd batch? Hahahahaha.. I'm seriously wishing for too much..

Same situation, leaving mid jan. Anyone from batch 1 have not receive? Or anyone from batch 2 receive call already?

Just trying out my luck here:

Anyone who has ordered the lens and yet to receive it but wants to let it go? I'm interested. Please PM me!