Official Sony A7 or A7r discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally gotten my 35mm last night... Sibeh shag. First time buy a lens buy until so xin ku. For me I do not have legacy lens, so I look forward to more quality FE lenses

Enjoy.

Hi guys

I am facing problems transferring pictures via wifi to.my samsung s4 and ipad.

Can someone guide me through the steps?

I press sent on the a7, then I use the wifi from my my phone to search for the camera, key in the pin. Looks connected in the phone but the camera side looks likes it's still connecting for a long time

hi guys im looking for a pentax k mount for my sony a7. Do you know where to get it? Thanks!

Finally gotten my 35mm last night...

Sibeh shag. First time buy a lens buy until so xin ku.

For me I do not have legacy lens, so I look forward to more quality FE lenses

haha, i just have to agree. A long while since i've seen people rushing towards the shops screaming 'take my money!"

haha, i just have to agree. A long while since i've seen people rushing towards the shops screaming 'take my money!"

Take all my money!!! LOL

Hi guys

I am facing problems transferring pictures via wifi to.my samsung s4 and ipad.

Can someone guide me through the steps?

I press sent on the a7, then I use the wifi from my my phone to search for the camera, key in the pin. Looks connected in the phone but the camera side looks likes it's still connecting for a long time

Did u download the Sony Playmemories app on your phone first? The instructions weren't clear about that but u need to launch the app to receive the images.

Can't seem to find any information on third party manufacturers on E-mount full-frame glasses. Has anyone came across any report yet?

I can't wait to get a wide-angle lens on the a7R.

Can't seem to find any information on third party manufacturers on E-mount full-frame glasses. Has anyone came across any report yet? I can't wait to get a wide-angle lens on the a7R.

Samyang!!!

Can't seem to find any information on third party manufacturers on E-mount full-frame glasses. Has anyone came across any report yet?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/10/16/samyang-announces-five-full-frame-e-mount-lenses

" Samyang 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC
Samyang 24mm f/1.4 ED AS IF UMC
Samyang T-S 24mm f/3.5 ED AS UMC
Samyang 35mm f/1.4 AS UMC
Samyang 85mm f/1.4 AS IF UMC "

u could do more research about them , not sure if they have been released or will be released by this year.

Last edited:

Samyang makes manual focus full-frame lenses for the E-mount since the dawn of time even before their announcement in Oct. 2013. Previously they released a few full-frame primes with E-mount already which looked like lenses with glued on adapters and I guess that's what they will do again. The lenses mentioned aren't specific full-frame mirrorless designs, they will simply glue extension tubes onto them as previously.

Last edited:
Samyang makes manual focus full-frame lenses for the E-mount since the dawn of time.

The newer series announced about a month back would have a better emphasis on stills and IQ whereas the previous releases were more focused for the video makers. Hoping sigma and tamron would comes along.

Last edited:
The newer series announced about a month back would have a better emphasis on stills and IQ whereas the previous releases were more focused for the video makers. Hoping sigma and tamron would comes along.
I'm talking about the lenses before they even released any of their cine lenses e.g. the first generation 24mm f/1.4 which was already available as full-frame E-mount about 2 years ago.

Did u download the Sony Playmemories app on your phone first? The instructions weren't clear about that but u need to launch the app to receive the images.

Oh I see. No wonder. Thanks a lot

I'm talking about the lenses before they even released any of their cine lenses e.g. the first generation 24mm f/1.4 which was already available as full-frame E-mount about 2 years ago.

Yea that lens never made it as an e mount. I'm pretty sure they were released in "Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Samsung NX, A mount & 4/3" mounts only. Other than the fisheye [e mount apsc only] ,recent tilt shift and Cine lenses, samyang has never released a native e mount lens that covers full frame dedicated for stills. I mean the Cine lenses will work but well, any thing earlier than those such as the 24mm f1.4 required an adapter for e mount nex systems, let alone the current Full frame ones.

http://www.syopt.co.kr/eng/product/manual_zoom.asp

http://www.rokinon.com/subcategory.php?subcatId=22

Doesn't really matter actually. They are all huge for what the a7/a7r represents. Think u edited ur post after i posted it which makes sense, those add on extension tube things u mentioned might have been aftermarket cuz they were never really marketed.

Last edited:
i just got my A7 yesterday..
only today got time to play with it after the horrendous lengthy time to fully charge it.
these are what i feel of this camera.. perhaps most of them are just my own preferences. so take it with a pinch of salt :)

• High ISO noise control not that as good as what most reviewer says. JPEG noise processing is horrible hence turn off the NR. However the high iso pics might be a tad sharper in comparison with my 5dmk3
  • i am not sure if it's AWB or Sony color but to me i don't quite like the color (i am so like the 5dmk3 colour)
  • the sensor is good with so many details and high dynamic range.
  • still getting used to of using MF with legacy lens to shoot fast. however i think i'll be using this camera and legacy lens for landscape only..
  • i feel that if only using this cam for legacy MF lens is quite wasted. not only you're not fully maximize it but also when you download the pic you don't know what is the EXIF.
  • as of now i only have 1 lens for this cam (Voigtlander 21mm f/1.8 Ultron). it fares quite well with A7 though with no color shifting and smearing at the corner.. only vignetting which can be easily corrected.
  • Voigtlander 21mm f/1.8 Ultron built is like a tank.. very solid.. sharp wide open.. however if pair with A7 i feel quite heavy at the front but still managable.. (cannot imagine if A7/R paired with tele lens of DSLR :) )
  • still not managed to connect it with my galaxy S3 thru NFC. and wireless transfer to computer also not working (seems that the issue is due to the current version is not supported on OS X 10.9)
  • i feel that it would be better if the shutter release button placement is switching with the front dial for better access. once your finger reach to the front dial it feels awkward to move back to press the shutter without readjusting your hand holding especially if you only use 1 hand to shoot.
  • the placement of zoom button for playback is so odd to me (not used to it only i guess)
  • shutter sound is ok.. not really that loud that can cause shaking while pressing on it.. even if you turn off the electronic front curtain shutter (i cannot differentiate it to be honest if it's on or off)

Any of you manage to connect the cam to mac computer thru the wifi?
I wanted to install "Wireless Auto Import" on my iMac so i can transfer my photos to iMac thru wifi(i suppose)
i've installed the app but always failed to do the setting.
this error always popup every time i connect the cam to comp: "Cannot find a camera. Check that the camera is connected to the computer with a USB cable."

You need playmemories home

User of the 35mm F2.8 lens..do you use the hood or no hood?
I want to add a filter but realised if i add a filter on the lens, the hood can't be used.
If i use the hood, the filter size is 40.5mm
But honestly the hood is pretty darn ugly. I prefer the look without the hood and all the nice zeiss wordings can be seen :)
I don't think the hood is useful really...but they did supply one so there must be some reason behind it..wonder what that it.

Here's how my new addition looks like (A7 + CV21 f/1.8) :)

Take out the hood.

Put on a 49mm filter.

Screw back the hood with the filter inside.

Ok for me.

What filter are you using?

User of the 35mm F2.8 lens..do you use the hood or no hood?
I want to add a filter but realised if i add a filter on the lens, the hood can't be used.
If i use the hood, the filter size is 40.5mm
But honestly the hood is pretty darn ugly. I prefer the look without the hood and all the nice zeiss wordings can be seen :)
I don't think the hood is useful really...but they did supply one so there must be some reason behind it..wonder what that it.

Status
Not open for further replies.