Official Sony A7 or A7r discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he was selling m43 lens. Guess he converted to Sony hehe

Awesome. Another one falls to d dark side.

haha.. may the a7/r will be the most "visible" camera carried around by photograhers in the next few months... like when the iphones were launched.

i bumped into bro black man the 2nd day i got my a7, and both of us were using sage color billingham hadleys!

haha.. may the a7/r will be the most "visible" camera carried around by photograhers in the next few months... like when the iphones were launched. i bumped into bro black man the 2nd day i got my a7, and both of us were using sage color billingham hadleys!

I'm using d all black Hadley too. Haha

Tried my friend's 35 f2.8 carl zeiss on A7. Seems like some pictures has darker corners. Is it normal? Could the hood play a part?

Tried my friend's 35 f2.8 carl zeiss on A7. Seems like some pictures has darker corners. Is it normal? Could the hood play a part?

Is Lens Comp./Shading Comp. enabled?

No too sure. Should it be off or on? Sorry a bit blur

I've just tested. If the option (Lens Comp. > Shading Comp.) is not set to Auto, there will be slight dark corners. Just set all the options in the Lens. Comp. screen (at Page 5 of the "Gear" Menu in Settings) to Auto

saw one guy purchase A7(R) at Cathay.

N u just see nia? Go in, ask for one, take out yr credit card, swipe and sign. Then happy man liao, bro...

ya.... non RF/legacy lense will definitely work better with the a7/a7R. just that the non legacy lenses will be bigger in size. of course the FD lenses will still be smaller than the EF lenses, but your adaptor to nex will make it a very long lens
There are enough SLR legacy lenses, probably more than RF ones. ;) I prefer legacy SLR primes, less limitations. When I look at the samples posted in this forum I fail to see the magic of RF primes [except the cool look]. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kei1309
:bsmilie: buy also not now. maybe next year.

Maybe not enuff poison to influence u. LOL. RX1 is very capable and a keeper for street.

There are enough SLR legacy lenses, probably more than RF ones. ;) I prefer legacy SLR primes, less limitations. When I look at the samples posted in this forum I fail to see the magic of RF primes [except the cool look]. :)

It's probably the ability of the posters rather than the capability of the RF lenses. Plenty of nice examples on the internet e.g. steve huff

Really depends on the size of the legacy lens. if i get a dslr sized lens, might as well stick to my canon system hehe...only the camera body is smaller :p.

I've just tested. If the option (Lens Comp. > Shading Comp.) is not set to Auto, there will be slight dark corners. Just set all the options in the Lens. Comp. screen (at Page 5 of the "Gear" Menu in Settings) to Auto

Thanks for replying. But I just checked, mine was on Auto :(

Status
Not open for further replies.