Official Sony A7 or A7r discussion thread (Season II)

Saw someone shooting away with his a7r and MF glass (looked like a voigtlander to me) mid afternoon at the IT Fair. Anyone here?

Why dont you approach him/her to ask ?? =p

That person was very deep into photography mode, cannot disturb hahaha. Might 走火入魔 . Anyway the fuji Xt-1 is being promoted at the show. Canon is there as well and as usual in recent times, sony seem to be a no show.

Last edited:
That person was very deep into photography mode, cannot disturb hahaha. Might 走火入魔 . Anyway the fuji Xt-1 is being promoted at the show. Canon is there as well and as usual in recent times, sony seem to be a no show.

Tomorrow Sony got fwee gift.

anybody know is there any 3rd party batt?

With combo you only get $100 rebate from rrp
I think you can get cheaper at funan shops

But this is the quote I've gotten from SLRR

A7r = $2663.

Looks like airport is cheaper @ $2615

HKD is hkd14700

Anyone knows where else can I get it cheaper in SG with local warranty?

A7r = $2663.

HKD is hkd14700

Hk price is really good. I think slrr normally gives one of the most competitive prices already. But after some time the street prices should drop to at least 10 or 15% of retail.

I think Funan's price is lower than Changi now. I bought a lens yesterday at Funan, it is way cheaper than Changi.
I suggest just go around and ask the shops ...
Make sure they have the product on display/stock though. If they have to walk over to Sony to get the stock, usually they can only give small discount or sell you RRP.

If turns out Funan is not cheaper, then buy from Changi :D

A7r = $2663.

HKD is hkd14700

Hk price is really good. I think slrr normally gives one of the most competitive prices already. But after some time the street prices should drop to at least 10 or 15% of retail.

I think Funan's price is lower than Changi now. I bought a lens yesterday at Funan, it is way cheaper than Changi.
I suggest just go around and ask the shops ...
Make sure they have the product on display/stock though. If they have to walk over to Sony to get the stock, usually they can only give small discount or sell you RRP.

If turns out Funan is not cheaper, then buy from Changi :D

I cant go back changi until I go for an overseas trip. Anyone knows the best price in local now? So that I can purchase it for my next holiday trip accordingly.

Anyone bought the a7r cheaper than what I have locally?

Lens wise, I know funan is cheaper based on the quote they provided to me as well.

Thanks

Last edited:
Do you know there's a shop at Changi that can sell to public (not passenger) with GST-free program?
They have camera like A7(r) but they're not allowed to sell the lens.

I cant go back changi until I go for an overseas trip. Anyone knows the best price in local now? So that I can purchase it for my next holiday trip accordingly.

Anyone bought the a7r cheaper than what I have locally?

Thanks

Do you know there's a shop at Changi that can sell to public (not passenger) with GST-free program?
They have camera like A7(r) but they're not allowed to sell the lens.

No 7% but I dont know if the price is same as outside of changi departure.

Do you know there's a shop at Changi that can sell to public (not passenger) with GST-free program? They have camera like A7(r) but they're not allowed to sell the lens.

They do sell d lens. I've checked wif them before. There was a set of FE 35 n FE 55 there n both at 7% off gst.

They do? For non-passenger (leaving SG)?
Last time I check FE 55, early Feb, they confirmed "This product cannot be sold at xxx as it is not under the categories for its operation".
Maybe things have changed since then, but too late, now they are not the cheapest on the block anymore for FE 35/55 :D
Maybe if they have FE 24-70, probably still cheapest. Or the next FE 70-200.

They do sell d lens. I've checked wif them before. There was a set of FE 35 n FE 55 there n both at 7% off gst.