OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 650D User Thread

no i did not get free screen protector.. went tk foto but they say no official size for 650 yet..
so anyone knows where to buy one for 650?
i got it at alan photo. covers just nice with a lil bit extra ard the edge. lcd size is 3 inch. can get the screen protector for smartphone or gps with same size.

For those who are thinking of buying this camera, here is a good deal at the SITEX.

EOS 650 body alone ($999)
Even though it is selling at the SRP compared to the actual retail price of $925, by paying $74 more; you are getting these extra :

1) Pay by credit card with zero interest instalments (12, 24, 36 months depending on the types of credit card and your preference). You don't have to spend so much at one go. Spread the amount over a period of time. Normally, you will need to pay extra 1-2% more if you wanted to pay by credit card.

2) 2 pieces of 16gb SD cards instead of one 8gb SD card normally. (What is the brand?, can someone provide?)

3) Dry Cabinet (can someone provide the brand?)

4) STBG camera strap (worths at least $15)

5) SZ-02 tripod (I guess that it is the cheapo one, not the Canon professional type, so quite worthless, maybe $10-20)

i got it at alan photo. covers just nice with a lil bit extra ard the edge. lcd size is 3 inch. can get the screen protector for smartphone or gps with same size.

Last month I also had problems finding a screen protector for 650D. In the end, bought one from Martin Fields which is a bit pricey, but the size fits perfectly.

Last month I also had problems finding a screen protector for 650D. In the end, bought one from Martin Fields which is a bit pricey, but the size fits perfectly.

hi there.. where did u get it from? can u share how much did u pay for it?

Anyone knows where to get the GGS screen protector for the canon 650D?

anyone can share their experience using the EOS 650D?

Great, except the grip is kinda small, which is expected of a entry level DSLR.

Or should i say i have not reached the limits of my gear.

Great, except the grip is kinda small, which is expected of a entry level DSLR.

Or should i say i have not reached the limits of my gear.

how abt picture quality? what lens are u using?

how abt picture quality? what lens are u using?
Picture quality is subjective, it depends on the lens used.

I'm using the 18-55 kit lens, but rented the 70-200 f4 L about a week ago to shoot planes, have to say, once you used an L, the picture quality of the kit lens is so so only, but hey, it's cheap, can't compare them. That being said, the kit lens is still good enough for my current level.

Hi guys...

I'm new here and new to the DSLR!

I just got mine over the weekend for the D650 kit I for $1040 from Cathay Photo @ Peninsula Plaza.

I also bought the extra Speedlite 320EX from the PWP promo for an additional 2xx+.

Just gotta know they are giving away a 270EX for free now in the latest promo....

Shucks... snap away folks!

Hi guys...

I'm new here and new to the DSLR!

I just got mine over the weekend for the D650 kit I for $1040 from Cathay Photo @ Peninsula Plaza.

I also bought the extra Speedlite 320EX from the PWP promo for an additional 2xx+.

Just gotta know they are giving away a 270EX for free now in the latest promo....

Shucks... snap away folks!

so u get 2 speedlites?

melvinyong said:
Nope.. Cos my promo was a PWP with speedlite 320EX while now it's a free 270EX.

It's still a good flash as it has the LED light on it.

Great flash for video thanks to the led light. Man I miss my cam.

Picture quality is subjective, it depends on the lens used.

I'm using the 18-55 kit lens, but rented the 70-200 f4 L about a week ago to shoot planes, have to say, once you used an L, the picture quality of the kit lens is so so only, but hey, it's cheap, can't compare them. That being said, the kit lens is still good enough for my current level.

Where can we loan lens?

Where can we loan lens?

There are few places.. For me I used to rent from Camera Rental Centre (CRC) , no deposit needed. Some of other shops require deposit.

There are plenty of lens rental setups, including some who advertise right here in Club Snap. Go search around.

What is the best price I can currently get for the 650d kit 1, and where? Looking to get one as a present and need to buy it tomorrow.

perhaps if you wanna try this.
$869 for this week. best price i've seen so far. Of course, this doesnt include any freebies at all.

here

Last edited:
perhaps if you wanna try this.
$869 for this week. best price i've seen so far. Of course, this doesnt include any freebies at all.

here

Thanks, price looks great but I cannot wait 4-5 days, I must buy tomorrow.