OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lightleak issue may not impact real life situation, but the perceived value of the camera is reduced in the eyes of many, and selling it off secondhand maybe more challenging as compared to batches with no such issue.

The lightleak issue may not impact real life situation, but the perceived value of the camera is reduced in the eyes of many, and selling it off secondhand maybe more challenging as compared to batches with no such issue.

sad to say, it's understandable that when buying 2nd hand, a batch that is fixed is more favorable than one that is from the earlier batch. I would expect some extreme lowballers to try to lowball the earlier batches.

avsquare said:
sad to say, it's understandable that when buying 2nd hand, a batch that is fixed is more favorable than one that is from the earlier batch. I would expect some extreme lowballers to try to lowball the earlier batches.

Definitely true. Sad but true.

same. I think canon should not address the issue in term of serial number...

I can't get that lens cap problem to date lol. Tried lots of times already. mine is x1 series.

Well after using it so much I can say this is one camera I will never sell. It is all I ever needed in a DSLR.

Sure a future model may have improved DR which is helpful, but not essential.

So early batch that mine is, resale doesn't concern me

Can try bargaining with dealer if buying first hand copy that belongs to affected batch. Just got mine today for S$4220. But I did not bargain.

Well after using it so much I can say this is one camera I will never sell. It is all I ever needed in a DSLR.
Sure a future model may have improved DR which is helpful, but not essential.
So early batch that mine is, resale doesn't concern me

Here are my personal reasons for sticking to DSLRs:
(i) quick response so that I do not miss the moment
(ii) great high ISO performance
(iii) shallow DOF when needed
5D3 is a keeper for the above reasons and more:
(iv) extremely sensitive and fast AF over all cross sensors... a must-have for me
(v) nice OVF (as opposed to EVF... I cannot compose through EVF... just cannot... due to 10 stop DR of EVF vs 16 stops of human eye)

In view of the above reasons, I have no intention of replacing my 5D3. May do something to my APS-C cameras, but not with the 5D3.

Can 5D3 owners share you picture style settings? (not default picture style)
I've been searching for a good picture style with punch but so far all the pictures styles that are available are more suited for film making rather than stills.
I know if you shoot in RAW picture style don't matter…BUT for the times when you don't shoot in RAW and don't want to do editing, is there a picture style that looks like a graded version of a Cinestyle or Flaat pictures after editing?
I'm currently using the flaat 10p which is based on the portrait picture style. It's good good dynamic range but the out put is rather "flat" as expected but since it's jpg, i'm not going to do PP for the files…
I can't seem to find a good picture style made for stills rather than video..any suggestions?

have u received the Screen protector yet? how is it?

I have the same protector which he bought, the GGS lcd protector for canon 5dm3.

It comes with 2 pieces, 1 for the LCD and 1 for the top LCD, both fit perfectly.

I have the same protector which he bought, the GGS lcd protector for canon 5dm3.

It comes with 2 pieces, 1 for the LCD and 1 for the top LCD, both fit perfectly.

Where you buy? I can't fin it on ebay

darkbladez said:
Orient Photo sell them. $15. the fit for the top LCD is perfect even though there's a slight curve.

Thanks for sharing! Will go get one. I tried one set by kenko while I was in Tokyo, but the top LCD doesn't fit... Waste my money...

Thanks for sharing! Will go get one. I tried one set by kenko while I was in Tokyo, but the top LCD doesn't fit... Waste my money...

The GGS ones sure fit, its a glass, but it can accomodate the curve of the top LCD.

Just got my 5D MKIII kits...love the full frame...great upgrade from 50D. the light leak issue doesn't bother me at all

what is the current price for kit and body alone?

Not sure the price of body but i got the kit for $5360.

6985736734_1a991b271a_m.jpg

Taken from Level 33.

Oyster26 said:
Yes...from Funan.. ;)

Now i don't have to calculate my lens focal length. no more guessing.

Hello, where did u get your set from?

Canon_EOS_5D_MKIII_TIFF_DR-580-100.JPG

Taken from techradar

This is avery interesting test…it's a known fact that below ISO800, the D800 will trump over any camera in the market..everyoen knows that..that's why it makes such a good studio/landscape camera…above ISO800..i'll take the 5D3 any day.

However, what i'm more interested in this graph is not the DR on high ISO…it proves one thing that i've always believed in, the 5D3 (or any Canon camera for that matter), performs at it's best at ISO160! Just look at the results..ISO50 and 100 wasn't as good at 160…unlike Nikons that perform well at ISO50…
It's surprising how close the 5D3 is to the D4…

good share.

Status
Not open for further replies.