[Numnumball] - Virgin trip to West America 19-29 Dec 09

Yea dude, you have to. I was in Norcal from 1993 till 2004. Now I regret how I did not capture all the beautiful scenery I saw during my time there.

Bro, the place must have changed alot since the last time u were there, its always gd to find excuse to go bk there again, tis time round with ur family ;)

I read somewhere that western US, and probably western Canada as well, has some of the most beautiful landscapes anywhere in the world. It would be a pity not to capture it as much as I can.

WIll include canada in my travel itinary next time i go bk to the west ;)

If you had told me earlier, I would have brought you to see the Brooks Campus in Santa Barbara which is about 110 miles northwest of LA.

Too bad...

Bro,
Whats's there @ Brooks Campus in Santa Barbara?

great stuffs dude.

those 1st few pictures taken at the magic hours?

Bro, the place must have changed alot since the last time u were there, its always gd to find excuse to go bk there again, tis time round with ur family ;)

See how la bro. Have been itching to go back and friends there asking me all the time to go visit. But so many things to handle here. Hard to go leh.

And it is a looooooooooooong flight.

See how la bro. Have been itching to go back and friends there asking me all the time to go visit. But so many things to handle here. Hard to go leh.

And it is a looooooooooooong flight.

Sort out your priorities and time lor.. U can always go back later when things has settled. ;)

Yes it is~ Tormenting 16 hrs to and 20 hrs back.. But i still wan to go back~!!! :bsmilie:

But heard gg to East was worse.. :think:

Yes it is~ Tormenting 16 hrs to and 20 hrs back.. But i still wan to go back~!!! :bsmilie:
But heard gg to East was worse.. :think:

Yeah, the nearly 18hrs flight was the killer to my backside. Forced to walk around the whole plane just to ease the numbness. But nevertheless, am planning to visit the East Coast 2 yrs from now. Looking at driving from big Apple all the way Sth to Kennedy Space Ctr to watch a Shuttle Launch, if any:lovegrin: Hopefully still got my D700 to bring...

Yeah, the nearly 18hrs flight was the killer to my backside. Forced to walk around the whole plane just to ease the numbness. But nevertheless, am planning to visit the East Coast 2 yrs from now. Looking at driving from big Apple all the way Sth to Kennedy Space Ctr to watch a Shuttle Launch, if any:lovegrin: Hopefully still got my D700 to bring...

Are us sure bro,?Perhaps by then should be D800,D700s or even D3s?? :bsmilie:

Me and my wife plan to go in 5 yrs time.. nw mus start family 1st.. tat one more impt..:bsmilie:

Are us sure bro,?Perhaps by then should be D800,D700s or even D3s?? :bsmilie:

Me and my wife plan to go in 5 yrs time.. nw mus start family 1st.. tat one more impt..:bsmilie:

Rumor has it the next one is called D900. Lots of chatter in the net and the industry about this now.

No....:bsmilie:

I am happy with what aps-c is giving me. Plus... i am saving up for diapers ;)

haha.. gd for u bro~ ;)

Believe i will do the same once my wife give me "gd news" one day :bsmilie:

nice..hope to see more..:)

good series you have there man. solid colors, made me start salivating over the trip to the west in summer :)

If you're put off by the long flight, my suggestion, if you don't mind an extra day and some $, is to fly Singapore -> Tokyo -> US. Stay a night somewhere near Narita. That would break the journey up quite nicely.

Couple of years ago, I was in Orlando when there was a shuttle launch. We were about 100km away from the launch site but the shuttle Discovery was visible as it raced at astonishing speed towards the sky. Quite an experience even being so far away. I can't imagine the feeling if watching near the launch site.

Here's the sequence I captured on my little PnS:

Going...
122044491.jpg

Going ...
122044492.jpg

Gone. All within a few seconds.
122044494.jpg