Novice Lightings

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw , if you all wan to know how i test. i use a Metz hammer head as the flash and use my 80DX on my cam.. connect with my syn cord to the 80DX and it din fire off. the other thing is that when i connect the syn cord to the DX .my Metz ready light went off .. :confused:

Thanks man... no choice.. gotta buy that thingie.

Luval said:
btw , if you all wan to know how i test. i use a Metz hammer head as the flash and use my 80DX on my cam.. connect with my syn cord to the 80DX and it din fire off. the other thing is that when i connect the syn cord to the DX .my Metz ready light went off .. :confused:

If you use the non SB800 and SB600 I think you need to set flash option on camera to manual instead of TTL then it works. Crappy but that how Nikon is because they want to make it foolproof that their new iTTL will work as they plan.

Ok very strange results from mine differ from Luval's - I have hooked up the kit lens to the D70 , attached a sb26 no batteries to hot shoe, syn cable to sb outlet , the other end to a SB24. Camera flash setting was set to ttl , then to manual.

In both case either ttl or manual, when camera clicks, the flash will go off. Only time the flash does not fire is when there is no focus confirmation - logical since I left the AF switch to AF on. Replace the sb24 with a 150 watt flash head - it still works.

1 more thing .. that is that i am using a Metz hammer head and you are using a 24 ..

So i got more power,
But last night i try another opinion.. i use 3 flash.. on my left is my Metz with the trigger and my SB 80 on my right set to trigger mode and i use my integrated flash to trigger both flash.. but .. still not as good as in Studio.

Sept 10
1. ydanz [confirmed]
2. Nizz [confirmed]
3. hagenuk [confirmed]
4. canonws [confirmed]
5. nicZnap [confirmed]
6. Novello76 (confirmed)
7. AdyH [confirmed]
8. Lion King [confirmed]
9. Splutter???

Have inserted one last name as he's a carry forward from my previous thread...

Sept 10
1. ydanz [confirmed]
2. Nizz [confirmed]
3. hagenuk [confirmed]
4. canonws [confirmed]
5. nicZnap [confirmed]
6. Novello76 (confirmed)
7. AdyH [confirmed]
8. Lion King [confirmed]
9. Splutter [confirmed]

This is the confirmed list for Sept 10 session...

Do remember to bring along the appropriate portrait lens for the session (85mm - 105mm)... See you guys on the 10th :)

Sept 10
1. ydanz [confirmed]
2. Nizz [confirmed]
3. hagenuk [confirmed]
4. canonws [confirmed]
5. nicZnap [confirmed]
6. Novello76 (confirmed)
7. AdyH [confirmed]
8. Lion King [confirmed]
9. Splutter [confirmed]

Rgds

Any break in between for lunch?

No formal lunch breaks, but surely you can grab a bite once you in between...

PBS

typo from earlier message..

I mean you guys can grab food from downstairs in between the sessions....

PBS

canonws said:
Any break in between for lunch?

Hmm, there is a chance that you may forget when and what lunch is all about while you are there *grins* :D till you finish the shoot...

but i rem the HUNGER strain that is both running in my mind and tummy .. when i left .. i was really LOOKING for food.. fortuan that i am meetin up with friends at marche... ... FOOD ..

and hopfully , all of us have already bought their adapter .. or infra .. i was thinking of getting infra .. but i seldom work on studio..... unless someone is keen to employ me to be their assistant..

Anyone here got SB800? Maybe can try using as adaptor and/or IR trigger?

dawgbyte77 said:
Anyone here got SB800? Maybe can try using as adaptor and/or IR trigger?

Hi :)

From PBS's original posting, it will be from 0900hrs to 1600hrs for both Sept 10 and Sept 17 session.

Rgds

17 Sept
1. lazyleo76
2. goo82sg [confirmed]
3. Simon80 [confirmed]
4. DawgByte [confirmed]
5. Nemesis32 [confirmed]
6. Luval [confirmed]

Ani of you guys keen to hv dinner and some nite shoot after the novice lightings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.