Nikon loyalists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikon camera bag, Nikon memory cards, Nikon dry cabinet? :sweat:

I just looked through my room and realised that i dont have any lens or any equipment other than the TC that isnt Nikon!

flash - SB800
additional lens 70-300 VR lens

Ok i know, it's only 2 items.

How many users out there use solely Nikon items(other than filters)? :think:

Why other than filters? I use only Nikon filters on Nikkor lenses. 3rd party lenses are only worthy of Hoya filters.

to me, i m not a loyalist or watsoever. but just that equivalent quality 3rd party items that meet my needs are not available. so = bo bian got to buy nikon. If 3rd party improves and finally meet my needs, i will not hestitate to jump ship if its cheaper.

sigma meets my needs most of the time, and if they scrap their EX junkology, i will buy their things.

My newly acquired Sigma 24/1.8 has front focus issue with D70s and D2X. If I focus manually, the lens is real sharp. Due to the thin DOF at f/1.8, this issue is a problem. I could even tell from the focusing screen after the AF confirmation that where I want to focus is slightly off.

Did Nikon intentionally cripple the AF for 3rd party lenses or is it a backlash setting that's supposed to be in the lens that caused this? Both the bodies' AF are spot on with Nikkor lenses (yes, so I shot rulers), so definitely not an issue with the bodies.

Me too.. only Nikkor lenses with D80

My newly acquired Sigma 24/1.8 has front focus issue with D70s and D2X. If I focus manually, the lens is real sharp. Due to the thin DOF at f/1.8, this issue is a problem. I could even tell from the focusing screen after the AF confirmation that where I want to focus is slightly off.

Did Nikon intentionally cripple the AF for 3rd party lenses or is it a backlash setting that's supposed to be in the lens that caused this? Both the bodies' AF are spot on with Nikkor lenses (yes, so I shot rulers), so definitely not an issue with the bodies.
haha i got the completely opposite... my 80-200 got backfocus (most probably on my body... looks alright on my friend :cry: ), but 2 of my other 3rd party are good. :sweat:

Everytime I take a picture, everything that i see thru is a Nikon.
YES, including my glasses. ;p

It's just too durable! :lovegrin:

Loyalist? No

1. Brand loyalty has its limit, if the products are not performing better or equal to the competitor brand than how to be loyal?

No flame please it is just being realistic.

I would like to add in the price factor as well. :)

Loyalist? No

1. Brand loyalty has its limit, if the products are not performing better or equal to the competitor brand than how to be loyal?

No flame please it is just being realistic.
i created the thread to see how many out there are solely using nikon equipment for whatever reasons they have, be it cost, quality, reliability, familarity or simply loyalty.

i must agree yr point is correct.

i created the thread to see how many out there are solely using nikon equipment for whatever reasons they have, be it cost, quality, reliability, familarity or simply loyalty.

i must agree yr point is correct.

I think it's not realistic. I know many people are using Hoya filters. And Nikon doesn't make tripods, so where do we draw the line to say what's solely Nikon? 90% of my lenses are Nikkor with a couple of 3rd party lenses lying around.. Even with film, I was using Metz flashes.

So far all my lens are Nikon. Next lens will most probably be Nikon. But may eventually get a Tamron for macro and a Tokina for wide angle (both probably a year from now).

I think it's not realistic. I know many people are using Hoya filters. And Nikon doesn't make tripods, so where do we draw the line to say what's solely Nikon? 90% of my lenses are Nikkor with a couple of 3rd party lenses lying around.. Even with film, I was using Metz flashes.
no lah, nikon to a reasonable level. though there are some who insist on nikon filters. lol!!

no lah, nikon to a reasonable level. though there are some who insist on nikon filters. lol!!

Haha.. I'm one of them. ;p

Occasionally I will try some third party stuff, but most of the time I'm not quite satisfied with them...

Everytime I take a picture, everything that i see thru is a Nikon.
YES, including my glasses. ;p

It's just too durable! :lovegrin:

ha ha ha....

Me too! Nikon Glasses!

now only filters are not nikon.... pocket not deep... else everything else is! including camera bag :p

someone formally known as the legendary "die hard" Nikon fan, has jump over to the other side.

So, don't talk until so loud. ;)

someone formally known as the legendary "die hard" Nikon fan, has jump over to the other side.

Fan = Fanatic

fa·nat·ic [fuh-nat-ik] Pronunciation Key
–noun 1. a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics.
–adjective 2. fanatical.

Fanatic and zealot both suggest excessive or overweening devotion to a cause or belief. Fanatic further implies unbalanced or obsessive behavior: a wild-eyed fanatic

tell me

next, we gonna have malay lesson

I am a die hard nikon loyalist. Period.

My Bed, Furnitures, Plasma TV, Hi-Fi, Sofa, Computer, Gas Stove are all Nikon. Trust me, I sware I saw a yellow Nikon sticker on these items!

With the exception of my watch, shoes, shirt and pants, my body is also Nikon. My in-built pair of 45mm lenses with auto color temperature correction and perfect depth of field are nikkor too, with Rodenstock framless filters.

Nikon Body - S$2,200
Nikkor Lens - S$ 1,800
Nikon Filters - S$120
Nikon Full Frame Sensor with Fujifilm DR and Canon FF noise control - Priceless!

;)

I am a die hard nikon loyalist. Period.

My Bed, Furnitures, Plasma TV, Hi-Fi, Sofa, Computer, Gas Stove are all Nikon. Trust me, I sware I saw a yellow Nikon sticker on these items!

With the exception of my watch, shoes, shirt and pants, my body is also Nikon. My in-built pair of 45mm lenses with auto color temperature correction and perfect depth of field are nikkor too, with Rodenstock framless filters.

Nikon Body - S$2,200
Nikkor Lens - S$ 1,800
Nikon Filters - S$120
Nikon Full Frame Sensor with Fujifilm DR and Canon FF noise control - Priceless!

;)

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: I like this one "Priceless" you must be paying all your stuff by mastercard:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.