Nikon D90

The D80 was a great camera that I learnt and developed from, the D90 will be a most competent camera for most users to start with

Happy shooting, no need to be too worried which class it is pegged to.

Ryan

ZerocoolAstra said:
I personally don't think it's a wise decision to buy a camera in order to please someone or to fit into a group :)
But in the end it seems to have worked out to your satisfaction, so am happy for you. haha

Don't waste your brain cells worrying about how to classify the D90. What's more important is that you find it easy/intuitive to use, and it helps the photography experience to be a pleasant one.

I've tried a number of cameras which, though packed with features, seem to take the joy out of photography. Thankfully the D90 isn't one of them ;)
Use it more and get more familiar with all the intricacies. Hopefully you'll enjoy using it more.

cheers!

Yeah it was. I actually wanted a 550d. But when i went to the shop i took a nikon. Because i believed its the user that manipulates the camera. And i didnt want to lose my friend over a camera lol. And when i got the cam then i looked up on it.

Yeah it was. I actually wanted a 550d. But when i went to the shop i took a nikon. Because i believed its the user that manipulates the camera. And i didnt want to lose my friend over a camera lol. And when i got the cam then i looked up on it.

lose your friend over a camera? :eek:
That sounds pretty extreme.... :D Hope you were exaggerating...!

ZerocoolAstra said:
lose your friend over a camera? :eek:
That sounds pretty extreme.... :D Hope you were exaggerating...!

No i wasnt haha!! If i were to get a canon my friendship with her will be so different lol. All i wanted was a dslr and im glad i have gotten it in the end :)

No i wasnt haha!! If i were to get a canon my friendship with her will be so different lol. All i wanted was a dslr and im glad i have gotten it in the end :)

hahaha ok sounds like a soap opera story is developing, so will just leave it at that and stick to the photography bit :)
If you have any specific questions about D90 functions or something, can ask them over at the D90 user group within Nikon subforum.

Anyway, Tt gal has great taste! lol...

ovaltinemilo said:
Anyway, Tt gal has great taste! lol...

Haha!! Well whenever i think of dslrs, i think of nikon lol!!

I must admit that 550D is a great camera given its weight, size and capabilities. Used it for a bit recently. But if I get to choose again, my choice will still be a nikon. Might not be a D90 but definitely a Nikon.

Cowseye said:
I must admit that 550D is a great camera given its weight, size and capabilities. Used it for a bit recently. But if I get to choose again, my choice will still be a nikon. Might not be a D90 but definitely a Nikon.

But the nikon d90 is heavier than the canon 550d. Really can feel the difference between the 2.

FuraCelest said:
But the nikon d90 is heavier than the canon 550d. Really can feel the difference between the 2.

Of cos, they are technically not in the same competitive tier. 550D lean more towards the entry level while D90 leans more towards the prosumer ends. You got to read and learn more into the specification to understand y. I took quite a while too.

... sorry bro ... stop chirping and start shooting ... :p
BTW ... what lens did you put into 'her' ?

It's a "sis", bro... :bsmilie:

D90 is a wonderful "serious enthusiast" level body... it can mount almost any Nikkors except for the Ai/AiS lenses (still can but need guess-work on metering). Ultimately, allows a longer journey of early DSLR experiences... And also competent enough for a number of "pro" primes and zooms.

Hope by now, TS has started to dwell into the wonderful dreamy realm of "bokehs".... where f/1.4 to f/2.8 lenses live...

Last edited:
x0tiq said:

Oh bro or sis it doesnt matter haha.

And i have been shooting alot and going out on my own casual shoots.

These are just some questions about my d90 thats all. And day by day i am learning. Im going shooting tomorrow if anyone wants to join just pm me and we can hang out and shoot some awesome shots.

And my lens is the one that came with the d90.

:)

Oh bro or sis it doesnt matter haha.

And i have been shooting alot and going out on my own casual shoots.

These are just some questions about my d90 thats all. And day by day i am learning. Im going shooting tomorrow if anyone wants to join just pm me and we can hang out and shoot some awesome shots.

And my lens is the one that came with the d90.

:)

Simply put... "kit lens" :) Tomorrow... dunno man... weather kinda sucky these days... unless you wanna go shooting in the rain... dat one I can also do... :bsmilie: I'm "weather proof" already...

kriegsketten said:
Simply put... "kit lens" :) Tomorrow... dunno man... weather kinda sucky these days... unless you wanna go shooting in the rain... dat one I can also do... :bsmilie: I'm "weather proof" already...

Hahaha true. Im not "weather proof" or yet bro lol. Was thinking of hitting arab street.

Can i add u in fb? Spread the friendship around? Lol. :)

Hahaha true. Im not "weather proof" or yet bro lol. Was thinking of hitting arab street.

Can i add u in fb? Spread the friendship around? Lol. :)

Haha, as weird as it may seem... I'm one of the those that isn't listed in the FB domain.... :bsmilie:

kriegsketten said:
Haha, as weird as it may seem... I'm one of the those that isn't listed in the FB domain.... :bsmilie:

Say what?? Hahahah!! Thats ok bro lol. I'll add u up in CS soon aite.

Say what?? Hahahah!! Thats ok bro lol. I'll add u up in CS soon aite.

Anytime. :) Btw, just a heads-up, you are aware that there is a female group outing going on right now doncha? You can find them at the Gathering forum on CS. Of course, no obligations to join - just thought if you'd like to know... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
for starters it may seems, kit lens is a good lens. And D90 can be future proof too ...
Back in late 2006, I started off with D80 with kit lens. Good lens but not so much of bokeh thou.
Got myself a prime and since then Im living with my primes