NIKON D850 Announcement

Nikon D850 is a big chunky camera compared to Nikon Df.

D850 does not look like a BABY D5 to me.

No announcement so far...

25 July 2017 was the day when Nikon D850 was announced.
I believe that Nikon D850 will be REVEALED in Tokyo first !

Time:
Saturday, August 26, 2017 10: 00 ~ 18: 00
Sunday, August 27, 2017 10: 00 ~ 17: 00

Venue:
TFT Hall
3 Chome-4-10 Ariake, Kōtō-ku, Tōkyō-to 135-0063, Japan

NIKON 100th ANNIVERSARY FAN MEETING 2017 in TOKYO & OSAKA
http://www.nikon-image.com/event/fanmeeting_2017/

25 hours to go....

Nikon-D850-press-550x179.jpg

Nikon-Event-Netherlands.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder what else is there to reveal tomorrow. I guess price, for one. Bracing myself, think it's gonna be steep.

Hope so. Regionally, Aussie pricing supposedly $5400 AUD. GST is 10% there. If it arrives here below $5k I'll be happy.

Official Aussie pricing is $5799 although store pre-orders are around $5299 to $5399.
I'm not liking this...

Official Aussie pricing is $5799 although store pre-orders are around $5299 to $5399.
I'm not liking this...

US recommended retail price is US$3,296.95... what exchange rate did they use to get at A$5,799?

2017-08-24

NEW NIKON D850 OPENS UP A WORLD OF LIMITLESS CREATIVE IMAGING POSSIBILITIES

The latest FX-format camera by Nikon promises unrivalled versatility by combining high speed and high resolution capabilities in one superior imaging tool that switches seamlessly between first-class photos and 4K videos

SINGAPORE – Professional photographers and serious hobbyists alike will be able to expand their photographic expressions with the latest release of the D850 announced by Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd today. A highly anticipated successor to the widely popular FX-format D810 released in 2014, the latest addition to Nikon’s FX-format DSLR range is engineered with advanced features that deliver versatility and uncompromised performance across stills and video shooting, geared towards the growing segment of hybrid photographers in wedding photography, and also of those in the genres of nature, events, and fashion.

“Technology has transformed content creation today – and Nikon’s innovation in evolving our imaging technologies and product range, combined with our heritage of skills and knowledge, has allowed us to offer the photography community more options with stronger performance and superior quality that we are trusted for,” says Hiroki Yamaoka, General Manager of International Business Division Imaging Group, Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd.

“The D850 offers impressive capabilities with a powerful synthesis of high resolution and high speed from the EXPEED 5 image-processing engine and CMOS sensor, silent photography in both photo and video modes, and a wider viewfield, giving modern storytellers more versatility. Engineered with this line-up of features and performance enhancements to our FX-format range, this camera truly is a showcase of our dedication to delivering superior photo and video imaging quality that caters to our diverse range of photographers.”

This camera delivers both speed and resolution, the key features sought after by the professionals and creative storytellers. It is equipped with a powerful 45.7-megapixel CMOS sensor that guarantees an unmatched balance of high-speed and exceptional resolution when combined with up to 9-fps1 continuous shooting mode backed by its EXPEED 5 image-processing engine.

Thanks to a remarkable dynamic range of native ISO 64 to 25600 and an extended low metering limit, auto exposure (AE) shooting is enabled in low-light and a variety of situations. Further complemented by NIKKOR’s extensive selection of high-performance interchangeable lenses, be it from the latest AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED, or the AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED for wide-angle landscapes, or the AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR, photographers are now equipped with the perfect combination of tools to capture crucial moments of subjects in weddings, fashion, nature, events and commercial shoots. Immense flexibility in the selection of RAW size options can also be tailored accordingly to the needs of the user.Built for hybrid photographers and multimedia creators, the D850 packs superior full-frame 4K UHD video capabilities, 4x and 5x slow-motion videos2 in Full HD, and 8K time-lapse movie production3 using interval timer photography. A dedicated movie menu allows fuss-free switching between movie and still functions to enhance efficiency, so photographers and creators will be able to easily select the best visual format to express their creativity. Movies can be recorded in both FX-based and DX-based movie formats, and the option to further make use of wide-angle and fisheye lenses to inspire greater creative expression.

D850 PRIMARY FEATURES

1. Enhanced resolution, exceptional quality
• 45.7 megapixel FX-Format CMOS sensor with silent photography feature4 and no mechanical blur to capture the finest resolution in any scenario

2. Enabling a new generation of storytellers
• Full-frame brilliance with 4K UHD (3840x2160)/30p support

3. Keeping up with dynamic action and focusing on fine details
• 9fps1 or 7fps6 continuous shooting makes easy and adaptable tracking of moving subjects

4. Taking flexibility and efficiency to a new level
• Enhanced specifications that optimise operability and process workflow
• Making connections a breeze
• Negative digitizer brings film back to life

So we will also be expecting at least 4.5k SGD in SG... :eek:

My guess would be $5299 once you factor in taxes and misc warehouse recovery costs...I'm just calculating a ++ price :dunno:

You are probably correct. Direct SGD to USD conversion is ~$4500 SGD. Tack on 7% GST will bring us to $4800 level.

I really hope Dfive is correct. But my theory is Nikon US pricing is intentionally aggressive to combat Sony claiming the no. 2 FF ILC position in the US.
The rest of the world is getting the 'normal' pricing which is higher.