Nikon d7000 or pentax k5

NIKON D7000 or PENTAX K5

Results are only viewable after voting.

Also agree that this kind of poll to decide which camera to buy is rather meaningless.
At the moment k5 is leading (15:20) but I think Nikon will win over time due to larger user base. :think:

Also agree that this kind of poll to decide which camera to buy is rather meaningless.
At the moment k5 is leading (15:20) but I think Nikon will win over time due to larger user base. :think:

You sure? I voted K5. I was hoping that I can choose K7 instead.

I hope we are not slamming TS for coming up with such silly thread. We dont use poll to select girlfriends or friends or where we stay. The results doesn't mean a thing.:confused:

Thank you hotwork77:)

anw, with all due respect to all the above comments, do check where this thread is posted to, Newbies Corner.

And I thought it will be great if people actually treat this as a casual or fun poll since D7000 and K5 is somehow on the same level range (IMO)
Enough of study I have made with this two camera, and reason why Professional Comparisons are not stated here because I am not a professional in camera comparisons and I ain't need professional comments but SENSIBLE comments.
If you guys think this poll at a newbie corner is bullshit or just childish, why bother commenting...

also thanks to some helpful inputs:)

I'd be surprised if you don't find most of the comment as sensible... :bsmilie: Cause like I said, those posts before my previous posts are all sensible. With your short comment on your first post (other than your clarification a post before this),

Nikon D7000 or Pentax K5
you choose...

who'd actually knows what you implying? A survey? A choice? Or just for fun? Or worse, a bait for brand war? :dunno:

Last edited:
I would suggest you refrain for using such methods to decide on a camera.

Firstly, its plain silly. More ppl buying a specific model means nothing if it does not suit you. The results are also skewed by the number of ppl within the user base for each brand.
Make a knowledgeable and informed choice, not a 'polled' one. :)

Secondly, imo, posting a poll like this with this sort of heading and no further inputs from you is just bait for a brand war.

:) understand, thank you for your advice

I'd be surprised if you don't find most of the comment as sensible... :bsmilie: Cause like I said, those posts before my previous posts are all sensible. With your short comment on your first post (other than your clarification a post before this), who'd actually knows what you implying? A survey? A choice? Or just for fun? :dunno:

haha, true. Should have put something like a Fun Poll or something. Thanks for the advice:)

haha, true. Should have put something like a Fun Poll or something. Thanks for the advice:)

Cheers :) Enjoy your stay here!

Btw I voted for one of them in particular I'm bias, but hey, it's all for the name of fun :bsmilie:

Guys I tin TS had learn his lesson... Let drop it and move on... Ok? Peace...;)

why not just close off this thread and move on shall we? ;)

would like to continue this thread till the poll end,
People who think this thread is stupid enough for a newbie, may feel free to click ALT F4 or just not comment on this thread or take part...

May this thread will not stop other New Clubsnap members to post any thing on the Newbies Corner... There are always friendly and unfriendly people out there:)

;)

not voting.
believe they belong to 2 different category of price and features.
kinda unfair to compare in such a vote.

I did not click any.

But I choose 645D :bsmilie:

Hi, Don't know which camera to vote.

why not the Hasselbald H4D?

645D more like a bigger version of a Pentax DSLR and cheaper :bsmilie:
645, 67 lenses are usable on Pentax DSLR w/ adapter.
I'm a Pentax guy :lovegrin:

(of course all this is OT, can't even afford one) ;)

Hi, Both have high 64K ISO at output sensor. 7K is cheaper and smaller. More buy 7K.

Hi, Both have high 64K ISO at output sensor. 7K is cheaper and smaller. More buy 7K.

i am noticing quotes of $1682 (before gst) and $1800 for the d7k body only in clubsnap nikon section.

fyi, k-5 body only is going for $1693 (after gst) in slr revolution.

so d7k is NOT cheaper than k-5.