Nikon D70 Body Sticky

Status
Not open for further replies.
My body also gets sticky when I don't wash it.

Thanks. Hee..hee.. all our bodies will get sticky if we don't wash it... but for my camera body, I clean it with DI water or distilled water wipes with 5% IPA.

I think there is some kind of chemical reaction with the hand cream and sweat, plus the UV ray causing the rubber to disintegrate. Or maybe I have over clean it with IPA. Also, it happens on certain parts of the camera body that has the rubber material. Well estimated cause of replacement is about $76.

for 76 they replace the whole body casing?

Thanks for the info, my 4+ years old D70 also feels sticky. May send to service center to change rubber and clear CCD.

Thanks for the info, my 4+ years old D70 also feels sticky. May send to service center to change rubber and clear CCD.

You may want to wait a while, currently there is no stock for CF cover and it takes 3 days or so for the replacement of parts.

Hi people,

I am a total noob and amatuer as far as photography is concerned but I have read that Nikon D70 is still one of the better DSLR around though it has been made obslete and been around for a few years now.

I am looking for a 2nd hand DSLR to just try out my interests in photography cos I am really new to this. Got some questions:

1. I have seen a few sets of D70 been sold for as low as $300 - around $400+. I think thats a fair price even though its a 2nd hand set, am I right?

2. What does it mean when it says "D70 BODY ONLY"? What are the differences?

3. Any other recommendations for a 2nd hand for that price range esp for macro shots?

Thanks!

Thanks. I already done that but it is still the same.
The same thing also happened to my F90X and F55 film camera. Only my D200 is OK. They are all kept in dry cabinet. Wonder if it is some kind of chemical reaction????
Same with my F90X many years ago; I tried all kinds of things - lighter fluid (benzene - good for removing glue left behind by scotch tape), autosol, brasso, car polish, etc. Still sticky. Eventually I pasted a piece of clear contact plastic - the type for wrapping books - and left it at that.

Hi people,

I am a total noob and amatuer as far as photography is concerned but I have read that Nikon D70 is still one of the better DSLR around though it has been made obslete and been around for a few years now.

I am looking for a 2nd hand DSLR to just try out my interests in photography cos I am really new to this. Got some questions:

1. I have seen a few sets of D70 been sold for as low as $300 - around $400+. I think thats a fair price even though its a 2nd hand set, am I right?

2. What does it mean when it says "D70 BODY ONLY"? What are the differences?

3. Any other recommendations for a 2nd hand for that price range esp for macro shots?

Thanks!

1. You have answer the question yourself. As long you think the price is reasonable, buy it.
2. 'BODY ONLY" means no lens will come with it, you have to buy the lens yourself.
3. Check the sales forum. A lot of macro lens on sale.

Enjoy...

1. You have answer the question yourself. As long you think the price is reasonable, buy it.
2. 'BODY ONLY" means no lens will come with it, you have to buy the lens yourself.
3. Check the sales forum. A lot of macro lens on sale.

Enjoy...

Hi thanks for the replies!

Sorry I have somemore questions, hope you all dun mind.

1. So if i just buy the body, I totally cannot any photos at all? I still must buy lens before I can take photos?

2. How do I know those lens are for macro shots? Any way I can identify or model numbers or?

Sorry I am really new at this. :embrass:

1. So if i just buy the body, I totally cannot any photos at all? I still must buy lens before I can take photos?

2. How do I know those lens are for macro shots? Any way I can identify or model numbers or?

1. Yes you still need to buy a lens.

2. As for Micro:
AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED, retail price 1.1k
AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED, retail price 1.6k
For other Nikon prices you can check
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458315

You can look into Sigma, Tokina and Tamron as they are cheaper than Nikon.

We all got to start somewhere.

Google is your best friend, you may also refer to this forum under sticky for D70 primer. Yes, the D70 is a good camera, I use it under extreme weather and condition, winter on top of a wind turbine (100m above ground). A used D200 is also a worthwhile investment.

As for budget lenses, Tamron or Tokina or Sigma is good for starter.

Wow ok and i tot it was relatively cheap to start up, just $400 for the body and i can get on with it, so I still need to buy lens... looks like back to more savings for me...haha

Wow ok and i tot it was relatively cheap to start up, just $400 for the body and i can get on with it, so I still need to buy lens... looks like back to more savings for me...haha

Yes, you will need a lot of savings when you are hooked. D70 is good then D200 is better and then D3 is best or was it D3X??? Lenses and dry cabinet, tripod and ballhead... it never end. :sweat::sweat::devil::devil:

Yes, you will need a lot of savings when you are hooked. D70 is good then D200 is better and then D3 is best or was it D3X??? Lenses and dry cabinet, tripod and ballhead... it never end. :sweat::sweat::devil::devil:

Sum up to 4 words - It's an expensive hobby. :sweat: It took me 5 years to build up wat I have now.

Just a quick Update.

Collected my D70 body from NSC, it is beautifully done "swee swee" just like new. The grip feels different and better than the original. All for $76 incl. of GST.

Don't touch, don't wipe with anything, put in a dry cabinet for a few days.

I have other rubber stuff developing some 'juice' and I discovered a way to fix it is to talc it.. but I don't think I'd want to do that on a camera. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.