Nikon D500

Dear all
Request everyone's opinion on buying a xqd card for d500.

Is it worth it.

I am pursuing a hobby and I only take pictures not videos.
I am having 64gb 95 mbps SD cards.

Does it make any sense to have a xqd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear all Request everyone's opinion on buying a xqd card for d500. Is it worth it. I am pursuing a hobby and I only take pictures not videos. I am having 64gb 95 mbps SD cards. Does it make any sense to have a xqd Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's worth it if your pocket allows it.
But then as you mention that you are pursuing it as a hobby, its your choice.
If you are shooting professionally, then it will be advisable to get XQD for the speed on writing videos to yr card.

It's worth it if your pocket allows it.
But then as you mention that you are pursuing it as a hobby, its your choice.
If you are shooting professionally, then it will be advisable to get XQD for the speed on writing videos to yr card.

Thanks for the reply
I don't do video and click single pics only
Will I ever need it.
May be a better investment would be in acquiring a flash
What do you suggest

If your current setup is working fine, then yes best to spend the money on an external flash or some other stuff that lets you do new things

Also, it appears the D500's potential write speeds are bottlenecked by the slower of your two cards.
Are you shooting with both card slots? If so, then the faster XQD card might not net you any additional benefits.
If you're only using the one XQD slot, you could potentially get better performance with faster buffer clearance.
Next question, are you running into buffer issues to begin with?

Also, it appears the D500's potential write speeds are bottlenecked by the slower of your two cards.
Are you shooting with both card slots? If so, then the faster XQD card might not net you any additional benefits.
If you're only using the one XQD slot, you could potentially get better performance with faster buffer clearance.
Next question, are you running into buffer issues to begin with?

No buffer issues

I always shoot singly

Dear all
Request everyone's opinion on buying a xqd card for d500.

Is it worth it.

I am pursuing a hobby and I only take pictures not videos.
I am having 64gb 95 mbps SD cards.

Does it make any sense to have a xqd

You'll know when you need it. You should be fine with a 95mbps 64gb card.

That being said, I find the XQD cards to be cheaper/better then the UHS-II cards. Both these cards are very expensive in singapore, so i get mine from b&h (USA) which ships over for USD4.90. The XQD gives a better buffer control. The D500 with an xqd can do 200 shots continously without dropping speed. I do plenty of nature shooting and usually burst for long periods. (Bird lands on the flower, just wack lor.. go home slowly find the perfect frame)

You'll know when you need it. You should be fine with a 95mbps 64gb card.

That being said, I find the XQD cards to be cheaper/better then the UHS-II cards. Both these cards are very expensive in singapore, so i get mine from b&h (USA) which ships over for USD4.90. The XQD gives a better buffer control. The D500 with an xqd can do 200 shots continously without dropping speed. I do plenty of nature shooting and usually burst for long periods. (Bird lands on the flower, just wack lor.. go home slowly find the perfect frame)

Thanks for the advice
I am getting one xqd and one 95 Mbps card