Nikon D200 Or Canon 30D

Status
Not open for further replies.
versatile said:
It's the photographer himself..
That's what people used to tell themselves to make themselves feel better of their equipment :)

there's quite a comprehensive "battle-style" review of 30D vs D200 in Jul issue of HWM...worth a read.

Ysatis said:
i want to pick up photography as my new hobby. which camera is better for a newbie ? in the sense of idiot proof

Point and shoot cams = idiot proof
SLR = hassle

get a PnS if u want idiot proof cams

Zaknafein said:
Point and shoot cams = idiot proof
SLR = hassle

get a PnS if u want idiot proof cams

Well said. If you need to learn, then I'd suggest you wait for the D80 instead.. more user modes than the D200 and easier to use.

You would love a D200 if you are already confortable with the controls of a SLR and need more capabilities to boot.

so compare to d80 with d200/30d which one is better ? and d200 and 30d which one more ez to learn

Ysatis said:
so compare to d80 with d200/30d which one is better ? and d200 and 30d which one more ez to learn

both is easy to learn...

But its depend on you...

Have you handled a DSLR before?

Please consider carefully, if you are seriously taking up photography.
you are not buying just the camera, but actally will be investing money in the lenses from canon or nikon. once you have decided it would be very expensive for you to change camps.

Both camps have their pros and cons, i have listed some examples which you might need to consider

Do take into other considerations like lense range, price of lenses of each camp.
colours from the camera (out of camera, you cant edit all the photos which you take).
service/repair costs at the service centers (this is something im pretty upset wif NSC being a nikon user)
etc.

Do read up on both the nikon and canon subforums to find out more about about the pros and cons.

and finally try both camera to see which's feel do u like...

cheers

Hobbes234 said:
Please consider carefully, if you are seriously taking up photography.
you are not buying just the camera, but actally will be investing money in the lenses from canon or nikon. once you have decided it would be very expensive for you to change camps.

Both camps have their pros and cons, i have listed some examples which you might need to consider

Do take into other considerations like lense range, price of lenses of each camp.
colours from the camera (out of camera, you cant edit all the photos which you take).
service/repair costs at the service centers (this is something im pretty upset wif NSC being a nikon user)
etc.

Do read up on both the nikon and canon subforums to find out more about about the pros and cons.

and finally try both camera to see which's feel do u like...

cheers

Very true, i was a compact user before a DSLR user before.. actually set an budget to spend on but end up still spending over my budget due to the quality lack of the normal kit lens.. end up spending another extra few hundreds on telephoto lenses..

maybe infected with bbb virus. :D

versatile said:
Very true, i was a compact user before a DSLR user before.. actually set an budget to spend on but end up still spending over my budget due to the quality lack of the normal kit lens.. end up spending another extra few hundreds on telephoto lenses..

maybe infected with bbb virus. :D

Only a few hundreds? :think:

Nope... not badly infected with BBB virus yet :devil:

You should be looking at even more expensive lenses... you need faster lenses for better effects... ;)

if really choosine g between this 2. I woudl say the D200 has a much much higher performanc-to-price ratio :)

IMHO, the D200 is the best valued dslr to date.

DT :)

dude. i the 30d is damn soft. even with an L lens. my cousin was deciding between the same choics, and in the end she chose the D200 with a D70 kit kens over a 30d. but if you're just starting out, i would recommend either a D70s or a 350D both are good cams. the D50's good, but i dun like the lens. still, if you've got the money, get a D200. haha.

dun.ask said:
dude. i the 30d is damn soft. even with an L lens. my cousin was deciding between the same choics, and in the end she chose the D200 with a D70 kit kens over a 30d. but if you're just starting out, i would recommend either a D70s or a 350D both are good cams. the D50's good, but i dun like the lens. still, if you've got the money, get a D200. haha.

Can I ask you something??

What is soft? The picture quality?

I posted a similiar thread on this in April 2006 and it is interesting to see the same advice I see today. ie. you cannot go wrong with either brands since they are the best in the pro-consumer market.

I would like to share this personal experience. I was then deciding on Canon 20D or Nikon D200. I just went to a shop that was highly recommended by bros in this forum and spent 1 hour playing with both cameras system. When both cameras were placed side by side, the choice was obvious for me and I just let my preference decide.

In the end I bought the D200 and I had been well rewarded by the pictures I took. So just try out the cameras and see which model you prefer and start your shoot, shoot, shoot.

Today I own a 2 lens, 17-55mm 2.8f and the 80-200mm 2.8f but I still inconsistent in producing good pictures. There is still so much to learn about camera system and given either camps, you will still have to go through the same learning curve with the camera system.

So start early, make a choice and enjoy this process. There is more joy in making good pictures than just owning cameras.

Be a photographer; Don't be a camera collector.

Cheers,
Mike Ng

mikenth said:
Be a photographer; Don't be a camera collector.

Cheers,
Mike Ng

Agreed. I can't understand ppl who jst collect exotic cameras and don;t take the art of photogy itself seriously. Anyway, to each his own.

sorry for OT.

Zenten said:
Newbie ..... then better buy Sony Alpha 100 ....... entry level DSLR more for idiots ........ trust me I am one myself ........ :confused:

you where got newbie... you now holding a 30D eh.. :bsmilie:

ok where got sell canon 30d with many freebies + can pay by installment with UOB credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.