nikon 28mm f1.8

chempaka said:
:thumbsup: Wow - an explosion of colours!

Yes, the ability to recover details in blown area for D800 is amazing.

Anywhere has the stock for this lens and what is the current price?

rain5533 said:
Oh no.. Extreme color with it..

Pls share more.

Yes sir.

chempaka said:
Yes, it is an amazing piece of equipment, short of making coffee !! I have the 800e, btw.

And as an MP3 player.

nbtd while looking for dinner at AMK

DSC_3484s.jpg

Ansel said:
Nice atmosphere there. Looks like junction of Upp Serangoon Road, Boundary road and Upp Paya Lebar Road?

Yup :)

Just got this lens yesterday and try out the nano coating for the first shot...flare well controlled ... one of my reason for this purchase.. 2nd shot to try wide aperture to blur the surrounding.. wording is sharp.... just sharing..

Sht 1- Shot against the Sun
7869832680_95e8ae9277.jpg

Sht 2
7869784562_4cc0b2afba.jpg

Got the lens and tried out taking group shots on a FF body. The distortion was quite obvious. Still a sharp, useful lens. but would rather stand further using 50mm taking group shots unless really no choice.

Hey guys!
There is life without the 28mm F1.8G
Earlier on in this thread I was so convinced that this was the lens to get since getting a D800; but after much research and looking around, I decided on the classic AIS 28mm f2.8.
I am very pleased with this old gem of a lens. I don't have to spell it out as I'm sure all of you know the reputation of this classic. I have been using it for a couple of days and I can see that its reputation stands out. Of course the other thing is that I don't mind manual focus, especially with this lens.

So, I must say that I saved a bunch of cash. This old lens is less than half the price of the 28mm G lens. I came away laughing from the bank.:D

Those of you who are still undecided about getting the 28mmF1.8G, think seriously about getting the AIS 28mmf2.8 and saving some money.

just got this lens. surprised at how light this lens is.

DSC_3436-2

Last edited: